• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Special rates etc. for Down's child??

iluvflorida

Mouseketeer
::MickeyMo Does any one know if WDW or Univ. have discounts etc. for Down's Syndrome (or for that matter any disabled child). Friends are taking their 6 year old downs child and two younger children at Christmas. They are pushing the envelope financilly so just thought I'd check for them.

I have not heard of any discounts for anyone, but that doesn't mean they are not out there. Anyone else?

P.S. Hey--another landmark! It's my 150th post!!!

I know that WDW does not do discounts for people with disabilities.

I have heard that Sea World will give a 50% discount for people with wheelchairs, but only on one day tickets at the gate.

I have not heard from Universal. I looked up their phone number 407-363-8000 to find out, but their Guest Serives hours are 8:00am to 7:00pm. (If you call them, press 1 for English and then press "0" to talk to a real person.

No discount for Disney. Why should there be. A Down's child can enjoy everything a normal child can.
Sea World has a discount for those in wheelchairs as did Universal when I was there but again why does a child with Down's need it as he will not be limited in what he can enjoy?

Actually, Lisa, kids with Down's syndrome suffer from an inordinate variety of medical problems that can reduce the number of things they can enjoy at theme parks.

Heart problems, hypothyroidism and vertabrae instability are just a few of the problems these kids and adults can face.

Nonetheless, there are so many things DS children and adults as well as otherabled folks CAN enjoy at WDW that I do understand their policy. Our son with DS loves WDW and gets more than our money's worth out of his AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter