Special perks for checking out DVC?

LMHB

Mouseketeer
I just posted on another topic about timeshares and tickets, and have always wondered about the DVC. We have taken a few timeshare tours over the years...two in Orlando with free tickets, and one at the coast for a whole weekend (just for taking the tour). My husband and I are seriously interested in DVC, probably for next year. Do they offer you any special incentives for checking it out? Any free tickets or free nights' stay? Or is that way out in left field for Disney. Thanks!!

The best you can expect from Disney is a little discount on your room. Also, if you buy a portion of that charge can be covered by points. Disney just doesn't need to give much away.

You'll be amazed at the low key DVC presentation. It is like nothing that I've experienced. We have taken advantage of many good deals - room for a small price less tickets or cash. Marriott even offers a "friend of an owner" deal. For a very small fee, we can stay with friends that will take the tour.

If you plan on visiting WDW at least every second or third year, DVC is hard to beat.

We checked out DVC when we were offered lunch when we walked by the DVC kiosk at Downtown Disney and we ended up buying.

When we visited a kiosk at the AK, we told them we weren't sure if we wanted to spend our vacation time talking with someone so the guy said how about lunch on us afterwards? Also, if you go to the Disney Vacation Club web site and click on Magical Vacation Offers, they will give you a special like 7 nights for the price of 6 if you listen to their presentation. The web site asks what state you are from before it gives you the special so I can't tell you exactly what yours would be.

There are sometimes special rates available at HH and VB if you take the tour at those resorts, but DVC apparently no longer needs the big incentives to get folks to take the tour.

They do provide some refreshments and child care.

Yes they currently have a special thru Dec. 31st at HH and VB. It's $99 per night with the 4th night free (2 bedroom at HH and studio at VB). That's only if you listen to their 90 minute presentation.

I took the tour last Saturday. I booked it in the lobby of All Star Sports on Friday
afternoon. I asked the CM about lunch at ESPN, she said they don't do that but I
could get two fast passes. The presentation was very low key and informative.
I'm planning to buy next summer.

Oh I was so excited about the tour I forgot to ask for the fast passes! LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter