• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Special needs programs in churches?

mommie2angels

<font color=blue>Would you like to be in the pictu
We are in the planning stages of a special needs program in our church. If you have one set up at your church would you please email me with the church's name, location (mainly state or country) and how the program works. mommie2angels@mindspring.com. I would greatly appreciate any help you could offer on this. Thanks so much!!!

We are having trouble with our home phone so our Internet service is coming and going. If I don't respond to your post or emails within a day or so you know what's up. Thanks again!

Kelli
mommie to Mary Elizabeth 10 (Mitochondrial Encephalomyopathy, apnea, epilepsy, panhypothyroidism, reactive airway disease)
Michala 6 (Aicardi syndrome, ACC, nystagmus, epilepsy, amputee, angiosarcoma, schizencephaly, duane's syndrome)
Marlee Anne 18 month
wife to Mike

wondering if someone on the CB could help...let me know if you get any responses..? :sunny:

My son who has Down's Syndrome was involved in a church group for many years although he seems to be taking this year off?:confused:

Do you have any specific questions I might help you with? I can tell you that it is led by a former special ed teacher who is a very active member of our parish. There are almost as many adult volunteers as students (all of whom have some cognitive delay).
It is financed by the Knights of Columbus. It is a very loving, supportive environment. They meet once/week on the same schedule as our regular RE program and participate in prayer services, etc. with the rest of the kids.

My daughter who has cerebral palsy but no cognitive problems has always been mainstreamed in our parish programs.

Our local church doesn't have a special needs program, but our synod does. The program was begun by Bethesda Lutheran Home a long time ago. When I did a google search to find something on that program, one of the references that popped up was this clearinghouse of Special Needs religious information. If even half of the links work, it looks like a goldmine of information.
PS> Pardson any typos. I have a cat on my lap leaning over the keyboard and she refuses to moev.

My Church has a program for both physically and mentally disabled children called Special Angel Program and a program for mentally disabled adults called Potter's Wheel. Here is the web site, I know if you email the director of the children's program she will be glad to help you out.
www.wardepc.org

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter