Special Lion King Broadway performance tonight!

MyMuse

From here...to there!
Hi all!

It was announced that Whoopi Goldberg was going to do a special one-night performance tonight in the Broadway's Lion King tonight!

Anyone else going? :cool1:

OMG that's so cool!!! I wish I could go, report back on how it was! Is she playing Rafiki? She'd make a perfect Rafiki! I love Rafiki in the Broadway play, she always makes me laugh. I'm such a Lion King fan. :love:

she's doing a series of cameos.

and yes, i will be there, up front and center. first time seeing the musical since it moved theatres.

I'm not sure; all the announcement said is that she will be making several cameo appearances.

I have the worst seat in the place, but I'll still be excited to be there. :goodvibes

she's doing a series of cameos.

and yes, i will be there, up front and center. first time seeing the musical since it moved theatres.

Yup, that's what the announcement said. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

It'll be my first time seeing it as well. Other than the Festival of the Lion King in Animal Kingdom, of course. ;)

I did see a ticket in a much better seat, but it was a "premium ticket" via TicketMaster and I just couldn't pay that price. :lmao: So, I found a decent discount code and a bit of a worse seat, but it's all good. :goodvibes

Went and enjoyed the performance mightily. :goodvibes

Whoopi did 3 cameo appearances; Rafiki, hyena & bird lady. Me being me, only caught 2 of the 3... :lmao: :lmao:

She was only on stage for 1-2 minutes per appearance. I will have a review in my TR; link in sig.

There should be a separate board for Disney Broadway discussion. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter