Special finale or no: Epcot's last IllumiNations on 9/30

stewart715

DIS Veteran
As we are less than 3 months away from the 7,297th (and final) IllumiNations show ever, I am reading/seeing speculation on whether or not they will end the 20 years of the nighttime spectacular with a special finale. When I say special finale, I mean the ridiculous display that we see on Independence Day and New Year's Eve.

I am currently putting it at 50/50 as Disney is pushing IllumiNations ending pretty hard from a merch standpoint and the date is continually passed around with them saying "join us on 9/30 as we say goodbye."

There is some precedence for this as they did a special finale in 2017 for the 35th anniversary of Epcot, though while good, not as good as the other finales.

Obviously this is all for fun and no one really knows, but does anyone have any guesses or thoughts regarding the matter?

Last edited:
We'll be there and I'd be terribly disappointed if they did anything in regards to the show except to do it exactly as it's been done on a regular night. I don't want a special, I want to see Iluminations.

We'll be there and I'd be terribly disappointed if they did anything in regards to the show except to do it exactly as it's been done on a regular night. I don't want a special, I want to see Illuminations.
Well, you would still see Illuminations, unchanged, in its entirety including the original finale (as they always do). It's the special ending/finale tag that they add on afterwards separately that I am referring to.

Well, you would still see Illuminations, unchanged, in its entirety including the original finale (as they always do). It's the special ending/finale tag that they add on afterwards separately that I am referring to.
I haven't read anything about them doing any sort of special, doesn't mean they won't, but I'm good if they don't.

Be cool if the just brought back the whole original show and parade from twenty years ago.

I'm really hoping that the new show get's Epcot back to being a must do night time location... for something other than the dining options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!