Special effects that will affect autism

old lady

DIS Veteran
Is there any rides or shows or restaurants that will affect a child's or adult's autism?

It depends on the individual. SM involves strobes, especially right at the beginning. I think RnRC does, too. Every individual is different. If you know specifics of what would be difficult for the individual then you may get more helpful responses.

Agree with the other posters. It really depends on the person and what their issues are.

Posts 24 and 27 on page 2 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread might be helpful to you. Post 24 is about lights, specifically bright or flashing lights.
Post 27 is about attractions that some people find make them feel claustrophobic.

This is a link to page 2 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread (you can find it near the top of this board).
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ed-1st-trip-next-trip-wish-trip.595713/page-2

Before anyone spends a lot of time thinking that they are helping someone, take a look at the OP's other posts. Her post mode is to post a question (often a bit provoking) and then never return. It is, of course, up to the OP how she/he wants to post - just hate to see people waste their time.

With my four year old son with Autism ,He is super sensitive to smell and sounds.I am bringing his head phones ,However we cannot control smells ,So we will remove him if he is bothered to much.

With my four year old son with Autism ,He is super sensitive to smell and sounds.I am bringing his head phones ,However we cannot control smells ,So we will remove him if he is bothered to much.
If there is a smell he likes to try to get some aromatherapy in this smell and put some on a cotton ball you can then put the cotton ball in a ziplock bag and then you might have to put it in another one. and then he can then smell this.

That's a great idea.I just bought a essential oil kit .I have not tried any oils yet on him .Even in the morning when I make my coffee He gets upset about the smell.

That's a great idea.I just bought a essential oil kit .I have not tried any oils yet on him .Even in the morning when I make my coffee He gets upset about the smell.
I am very sensitive too smells too but I found I love the orange smell ( like the old Sorin ) I found some orange smells not the same but close and lavender sometimes. I do this at Disney and they lest a long time sometimes I only have to open the first bag and I can already smell whatever sent I have in it if I hold it close to my nose.

My youngest has migraines (and a whole host of other issues), and last trip, we went to the Lion King show at DAK. We had to leave early, as the bright lights and loud noises triggered a huge migraine. I had to take him to first aid so he could lie down after taking his rescue meds. So that's a show that you may want to keep in mind I guess!

PS: the first aid folks were SO kind! They gave him and me a private room to both lie down (I napped), then when we got up they gave him water and powerade to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter