special deals on hotels

Balloonman

Earning My Ears
last january as we were driving around orlando we noticed the sheraton world hotel at the bottom of i drive and decided that we would stop there next year. we normally travel with virgin but have decided this time to do diy, we can get good deals on flights and cars but last time we were there i am sure the sheraton world was advertising rooms for $39 per night (i could be wrong).
can you book these great deals in advance or do you have to take your chance when you get there, i would like to get it all booked as soon as possible so i dont have to worry about it anymore.

....... this is very interesting - in the early 90s, this was definitely the way to go off-season. Friends of ours used to book a fly-drive and then drive along looking at the rates posted outside the hotels, and even got one hotel to match the lower rate of the next door hotel!! However, it seemed to get less and less likely as the occupancy rose successively year by year, and too risky not to have accommodation at the end of a long flight.
We always booked fly-drive and I sorted out hotels etc before we went - I just could never take the chance with young children.

Since it was January and soon after the Sept 11th terrorism, I wonder if that's why you saw such a good rate for what is a very good resort hotel. Certainly I can't think you'd get this very much in advance unless you strike lucky on Priceline - I don't know much about Priceline so hopefully someone else will post. Other than that, going in a very quiet period would be the best bet for a good walk-in rate.

Hi Balloonman! :wave:

That does seem to be a very good rate. When in January was it? I guess occupancy drops off markedly after the Christmas/New Year period.

We've got good rates in the past from www.hoteldiscount.com. You should find better rates there than you can from booking direct with the hotel.

thanks for the advice, we have to go in the middle of january because of business (not many people buy balloons in january).
a lot of hotels seemed to be very good value not just the sheraton world, even the one we were staying in had some pretty good offers. when we were there park attendances were low and a lot of businesses seemed to be struggling post 9/11, so your reason for cheap hotel rooms is a valid point.

Hi Balloonman.

That certainly was a great rate. I have always fancied flying in and then sorting out a hotel but have always finished up booking first.

Regards from Englands first City !

Barry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter