• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Special Character Meals, March Weather?

Margaret64

World-Wide Disney Visitor & DVC Member
Hello Everyone: We are WDW veterans, but this will be our first visit to DLP. We are going the end of March.

I've looked at weather.com and it shows the temp range to be about 40F - 53F. I live in Doha, Qatar and Houston, Texas. To me, this is mighty cold! I expect will be want to wear long sleeved shirts and pack a lightweight jacket. Correct? I've always said I don't mind standing in queues if the weather is nice. I get my wish finally!

Does anyone swim during this time of year? Does anyone know if the pools are heated, Eg. at DL New York Hotel?

Also, I've tried to do some reading on internet. Our one and only English language bookstore doesn't have any guidebooks on DLP, LOL. I have questions about special activities and meals. I've read about the various character meals. Are there any meals that might cost a little more, but give you access to special characters like Cinderella or provide a more intimate setting rather than the routine character meal? Special Princess for a Day package, etc?

Thanks alot!

Having read about character options at WDW the DLRP options appear more standard.
Guess at Disneyland Hotel have characters available every morning. Other on-site hotel guests can book a character breakfast. Cafe Mickey and Walt's are the normal venue. Walt's is a lovely setting and comes recommended.
Cafe Mickey, Lucky Nugget Salon, Plaza Gardens are 3 offerings for character meals in the afternoons.
I've never been but buffet at Inventions, Disneyland hotel in the evening seems to have lots of character access.
Happy holidays :sunny:

Reid

Does anyone swim during this time of year? Does anyone know if the pools are heated, Eg. at DL New York Hotel?

I'm not sure whether you mean indoor or outdoor swimming here, sorry!

But yes people do swim (indoors) in March.
I think it would be very chilly for outdoor swimming then, whether the pool was heated or not. I've a feeling (and it's only that!) the outdoor pools may not open until later in the year - over the summer period.

Have lots of fun planning your trip!

Karen

As you're used to much warmer temperatures and the weather in these parts is extremely unpredictable in spring I'd suggest you take at least one really snug, thick sweater - the weather might be nice but it might well be freezing!! :cold:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter