Sparkling Water at Quick Service Restaurants?

I confirmed today that Rancho Del Zocalo does not have spakrling water on tap. Yes, you can buy a bottle of sparkling Dasani. But in my view, you're far better off going to Pizza Port and helping yourself to as much free sparkling water as you can drink :-).
Thank you for checking this out. I will definitely keep Pizza Port in mind, free does taste better after all.:D

I used to grab one of their hot cups and make tea, since I always bring my own (I buy my tea from England and it’s far better than anything I’ve had here). They no longer allow that, officially. Cups are now at the register and must be paid for, regardless.

The good news is that many CMs are cool/kind/nice. The past three times I've been to DL post-free cups, I've asked CMs at the register if I could simply have a Styrofoam/hot cup. So far, I'm at 3-for-3. Every time I've asked, they've given me one. Hopefully I can keep this at 100% in perpetuity. I only ask the ones that don't display a resting b-face. The negative interactions I've had with CMs can be counted on one hand. After about 180 visits, that's an amazing ratio!

Last edited:
@MinnieLovesMickey - Unfortunately, that was true until the recent refurb. As I posted in another thread earlier today:

They no longer have sparkling water on tap. That was the only place that did offer it, as far as I know, and it was one of my favorite treats: sparkling water with lemon, since I don’t drink soda. I’ve been off refined sugar for more than 30 years. I spoke with the manager and he told me that I could still buy it at one of the many snack kiosks…for $5. Not exactly the same thing as being able to help yourself to as little or as much as you like and add however much lemon is needed. Very disappointed. I spoke with the manager and he said that the choice had been made by Coca-Cola, which seems unlikely to me. If Disney had asked for it, I’ve no doubt CC would have accommodated the request.

I used to grab one of their hot cups and make tea, since I always bring my own (I buy my tea from England and it’s far better than anything I’ve had here). They no longer allow that, officially. Cups are now at the register and must be paid for, regardless. One of the register CMs informed me of this and her tone was less than pleasant. It bordered on an accusation. It seemed a little inappropriate since this is a brand new policy and I’ve done it for at least a few years. I don’t know what they’d charge but I suspect it would be $3… for an empty cup. I believe they’re still free at Rancho Del Zocalo.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I learned this all firsthand at the park yesterday. Very disappointing.

Thanks for the update. That is pretty disappointing that they took away the option to get sparkling water on tap.

I don't think the CM needed to get attitude or act like the soda police, like people are supposed to know about a new policy that hasn't been announced. If only they could enforce other policies in the park like that:rolleyes1:duck:

It wouldn't surprise me if they start doing that at other locations in the near future as well.

I'll probably bring some sparkling water with me into the park. I don't mind buying some in the park, but that can get pretty expensive pretty fast.

Thanks for the update. That is pretty disappointing that they took away the option to get sparkling water on tap.

I don't think the CM needed to get attitude or act like the soda police, like people are supposed to know about a new policy that hasn't been announced. If only they could enforce other policies in the park like that:rolleyes1:duck:

It wouldn't surprise me if they start doing that at other locations in the near future as well.

I agree with all of this. Yes, disappointing. There was no (good) reason to take it away. It was a nice, refreshing treat. They use CO2 water to carbonate their sodas so it's not like they'd have to add it especially for people that like it. When they did have it prior to the rehab, it was on the Sprite spout, so they didn't even need a dedicated spout.

Yes, occasionally CMs get attitude. It's never nice when it happens, especially since I'm kind and courteous to them (and nearly everyone, really). Oh well. I always remind myself that I can only control my own behavior.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter