SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this today... The Patina Group's parent company, Delaware North, has just posted a job advert for Executive Chef at Space 220. There's an article about it on the Creative Loafing Tampa website. I'd link but apparently I can't.
Interesting... I have no idea what the turnaround time would be between hiring and on-boarding an executive chef and opening the doors. I would guess the executive chef has the most say in the menu offerings, so I would assume that would need to take place once he or she is hired and up and running. Sounds like they still have a lot to do operationally at least.

I'm not sure how much say any of the chefs have in the menus. Maybe Patina group is different, but I talked to the chef at Rose and Crown and mentioned how disappointed I was in the current menu, and he just kind of shook his head and said something about how "they" wanted the restaurant to appeal a broader range of guests, and that's why most of the higher end items were removed, I think the Chef can do their own menus, but I think they have to be in line with what "management" wants.

I'm not sure how much say any of the chefs have in the menus. Maybe Patina group is different, but I talked to the chef at Rose and Crown and mentioned how disappointed I was in the current menu, and he just kind of shook his head and said something about how "they" wanted the restaurant to appeal a broader range of guests, and that's why most of the higher end items were removed, I think the Chef can do their own menus, but I think they have to be in line with what "management" wants.

I've been looking all over and can't find their menu.

Not to make this thread about Rose and Crown, but for the most part, the menu looks the same there to me? I have been going there for years and other than the 'Sunday Roast' not being there much anymore (though perhaps it still shows up as a special on 'Sunday') I still see the fish and chips, the scotch egg, the cheese platter, the bubble and squeak, the bangers and mash, Corned Beef and Cabbage, the Scottish Salmon, the Pub burger, mushy peas, Sticky Toffee Pudding, Chocolate Nougat Bar, English Trifle.

I mean, I honestly don't know what people are complaining about here? It always was a small, limited menu but they have kept their staples for like years. I mean, I have only been going there for the last 10 years, so unless people are talking about what their menu may have been like before 2010, of that I can't speak of. Or the infamous issue of the type of fish used for the fish and chips. But other than that, this menu reflects the UK really well and other than the Curry dish (which DOES reflect the true influence of and merging of cultures in the UK and is a popular dish there), and that one meatless Hot Pot dish, this menu is authentic - they also have a Shepherd’s Pie even.

So, sorry but I find the criticism to be totally unfounded and simply inaccurate on Rose and Crown's menu being watered down, if anything, this menu would be off-putting to people who didn't want to have true UK cuisine because of it's faithfulness to the region.

Not to make this thread about Rose and Crown, but for the most part, the menu looks the same there to me? I have been going there for years and other than the 'Sunday Roast' not being there much anymore (though perhaps it still shows up as a special on 'Sunday') I still see the fish and chips, the scotch egg, the cheese platter, the bubble and squeak, the bangers and mash, Corned Beef and Cabbage, the Scottish Salmon, the Pub burger, mushy peas, Sticky Toffee Pudding, Chocolate Nougat Bar, English Trifle.

I mean, I honestly don't know what people are complaining about here? It always was a small, limited menu but they have kept their staples for like years. I mean, I have only been going there for the last 10 years, so unless people are talking about what their menu may have been like before 2010, of that I can't speak of. Or the infamous issue of the type of fish used for the fish and chips. But other than that, this menu reflects the UK really well and other than the Curry dish (which DOES reflect the true influence of and merging of cultures in the UK and is a popular dish there), and that one meatless Hot Pot dish, this menu is authentic - they also have a Shepherd’s Pie even.

So, sorry but I find the criticism to be totally unfounded and simply inaccurate on Rose and Crown's menu being watered down, if anything, this menu would be off-putting to people who didn't want to have true UK cuisine because of it's faithfulness to the region.

This thread is about Space 220, which is not open yet, not a true confirmed opening date and unless I'm incorrect, no menu available to even view.

This thread is about Space 220, which is not open yet, not a true confirmed opening date and unless I'm incorrect, no menu available to even view.

Yes, I do understand that, which is why I prefaced my post with that qualification, but I didn't think it did any harm to reply to a poster who brought up Rose and Crown.

I mean, most of the 30 pages of this thread is very little that has to do about Space 220 anyway, since there is very little we know about it or news to report.

Yes, I do understand that, which is why I prefaced my post with that qualification, but I didn't think it did any harm to reply to a poster who brought up Rose and Crown.

I mean, most of the 30 pages of this thread is very little that has to do about Space 220 anyway, since there is very little we know about it or news to report.

I actually found it refreshing to read a post with actual content. :D

Now watching we arrive March 28th and this restaurant is on the top of our list...really the only restaurant on our list this trip...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!