SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone remember how we initially got an opening in December in our heads? That's sure unlikely now! lol I had been thinking that the restaurant would open by the end of 2019. Was that posted somewhere or am I remembering incorrectly? I hope it opens by the end of March now!

Does anyone remember how we initially got an opening in December in our heads? That's sure unlikely now! lol I had been thinking that the restaurant would open by the end of 2019. Was that posted somewhere or am I remembering incorrectly? I hope it opens by the end of March now!

when it was first announced they term was "by the end of the year" and "in 2019" ... and then it changed to "Winter"

Reactions: CJK
Crossing our fingers and keeping an eye out for a late April ADR. Honestly, I don't think very much opens at WDW on the exact predicted start dates. Delays and date extensions seem to be the norm.
Yep. Galaxy's Edge was supposed to open last spring and the second ride still isn't finished yet...

What’s showing on the Disney website is the announcement from D23 in August talking about all the Epcot upgrades and saying Space 220 would open “winter 2019.” In October, WDW tweeted that it would open “winter.” So, that’s the source of those two dates and how we went from “winter 2019” to just “winter.”

The job postings for executive chef and souls chef are still up and we still do not have a webpage for Space 220 in the Disney site. If they are going to open this year, they really ought to hurry.

Yep. Galaxy's Edge was supposed to open last spring and the second ride still isn't finished yet...

Galaxys Edge was supposed to open in "late fall" which turned out to be the end of August. Mickey and Minnie's runaway railway was supposed to open summer 2019, which is now spring 2020. REALLY messed with my September 2019 trip. Nothing was what I expected when we booked in January.

I've pretty much given up hope for Marathon week, but I do have some fun alternatives if any of you also miss out and want a DIY option...

1. bring a backpack with a little picnic lunch/snack...you could even box some fun stuff up from the BW Bakery or make a doggy bag from a TS or QS spot
2. buy a mixed drink of your choice in the World Showcase and add some Tang
3. Ride of your choice...but either Mission Space green or SSE (specifically the end scene where you're looking at Earth) and start eating your food and consuming your beverage.

Mission Space Orange and Space Mountain are just a bit too much to make it work 😂 although, there are some spots on the Peoplemover that could work.

I'm going the first week of December and the first week of March. Hopefully one of those will allow me to get a ADR. LOL

Saw this today... The Patina Group's parent company, Delaware North, has just posted a job advert for Executive Chef at Space 220. There's an article about it on the Creative Loafing Tampa website. I'd link but apparently I can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!