SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wish Pete hadn’t mentioned the 2 table credit service thing.....don’t want to give Disney any ideas :goodvibes
You know its going to be BIG money... it will be right up there with Cali. Grill.. Tiffins.. Narcoossees..ect...But lets keep our fingers crossed.. hoping for down to earth prices!!! :thumbsup2

I figured it would be 1 credit and sort of equivalent to the other themed restaurant in Future World, the Coral Reef. But who knows? I was hoping it would be ready in time for my December 4-13 trip, but I have become resigned to the idea it won't. I mean, I am more than super happy with all my dining reservations, including the one that if this were to open, that I would replace with it (La Hacienda de San Angel), so it's all good in the end, I'll catch it on my next Disney trip in 2020 or 2021, that's all.

I'm hoping it opens during our trip 6-15...but will not be devastated if it doesn't. I think my excitement has been waning as the date of my trip gets closer and there is no news. OF COURSE...if it would open and I snagged one...I would be "over the moon" 😉 *pun intended...lol
Feeling the same - excited OUT OF MY MIND when news first broke, planned Dec. trip with the res. in mind. Then had to make all me res. since no news. Made sure I had a few I could cancel and replace if need be, but ones I would still keep if it didn't open. Now I'm like, oh well. Maybe next time...... Although that has not kept me from coming here and watching diligently in case. I seriously doubt this will be 2 credits, and I think it's a little too soon to say it's going to be so popular you won't be able to get in for a year. It might end up as a one and done for whatever reason. But I am still looking forward to trying it!!

Same here. The longer they wait to announce its opening, the less excited I get. Right now our plan for that evening is to eat our way around the Holiday booths in World Showcase which is something easily dropped IF they do happen to open and if we ARE able to get an ADR. This is a Star Wars heavy trip and eating at Space would be great. Why, oh why won’t they just give us a date? Do you suppose building the “elevator” thing is the hold up?

I gave up on it for this trip, but I am looking forward to doing it in 2021!

Tim Tracker showed the construction progress a few videos back and it doesn't look close to being ready this year.

Feeling the same - excited OUT OF MY MIND when news first broke, planned Dec. trip with the res. in mind. Then had to make all me res. since no news. Made sure I had a few I could cancel and replace if need be, but ones I would still keep if it didn't open. Now I'm like, oh well. Maybe next time...... Although that has not kept me from coming here and watching diligently in case. I seriously doubt this will be 2 credits, and I think it's a little too soon to say it's going to be so popular you won't be able to get in for a year. It might end up as a one and done for whatever reason. But I am still looking forward to trying it!!

Me too. I planned a placeholder on our Epcot night with the intention of making the change as soon as ADR's were open. I htink we may just ditch the ADR and eat around the World that night.

Joining the watch. Am more interested in possibly jumping on other hard-to-get ADRs that may open up when guests book this instead.

I would expect Space 220 to open up as a 1 TS credit than depending on how great the reviews go and how popular for it to possibly be bumped up from a 1 credit to 2 credits. Just my guess. As far as the opening date at first I thought I heard by the end of 2019 and since then heard "winter". I'm guessing this won't open up until after the holidays are over. I have a trip planned in December pretty much gave up on dining during that trip but have another trip planned for late April hoping by then it will be open. Needless to say I'm very excited about this restaurant. It has a ton of promise and the concept sounds amazing!

Same here. The longer they wait to announce its opening, the less excited I get. Right now our plan for that evening is to eat our way around the Holiday booths in World Showcase which is something easily dropped IF they do happen to open and if we ARE able to get an ADR. This is a Star Wars heavy trip and eating at Space would be great. Why, oh why won’t they just give us a date? Do you suppose building the “elevator” thing is the hold up?
Take this with a grain of salt, but I read it in another Facebook group a month or two ago that they were having problems with the soundproofing. That every time a car on Test Track flew by it would make a lot of noise, and even shake the building. It disrupted the atmosphere they were going for, and it’s not an easy fix.

Last edited:
Take this with a grain of salt, because I read it in another Facebook group a month or two ago that they were having problems with the soundproofing. That every time a car on Test Track flew by, it would make a lot of noise, and even shake the building. It disrupted the atmosphere they were going for, and it’s not an easy fix.

Well, they could rename it "Skylab 220" and say that is the sound it makes when its orbit is decaying. (Anyone younger than 40 is scratching their heads...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!