SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subbing to the thread - hoping for a December opening as our trip is 12/18-12/24. Fingers crossed!

Not to be too nit-pickey, but does anyone know/remember what time of day Oga's reservations launched? Just wasn't paying attention.

Trio of wishes for Jan. 4-10: Space 220 restaurant, Star Wars Dessert Party, and SWGE: both rides! I can dream, can't I? Do have a ressie @ Oga's so guaranteed entry to land in case the crowds are crazy with both rides up.
Ooo I forgot the ressie gets you in. Helpful! I picked up mine yesterday

Has a menu been posted yet? Would that typically be announced before reservations open up?

I am starting to wonder if it is actually going to open in December. I would have figured they would have opened up the ADRS by now. When you think about it...December isn't all that far away. I don't go to February and I am getting doubtful it will even be open by then. I hope I am wrong!

I am starting to wonder if it is actually going to open in December. I would have figured they would have opened up the ADRS by now. When you think about it...December isn't all that far away. I don't go to February and I am getting doubtful it will even be open by then. I hope I am wrong!
It seems like we would have seen a menu by now too.

I got worried when some of the announcements started using term of "open this winter" not "by end of year" ... Winter obviously goes into 2020

But I have also heard that the Patina group that is running it has indicated to staff, etc it is opening by end of year, and at at least one panel at D23 they still said by end of 2019, so who knows

We also go February and aren't planning many ADRs but this is the one I really want to do!

Last edited:
I'm not sure Disney follows any particular "formula" but using Takumei Tei as the most recent example of a restaurant opening, it was added to the list of "all dining" on the wdw site on June 5th (without a menu), soft-opened with walk-ups only on July 5th (menu added to the site) and reservations opened beginning 7/16. So if that's any representation of a typical timeline, it's conceivable it could open in Dec but we wouldn't hear anything until early Nov. Frustrating for any trying to make plans during a very busy time of year.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. New WDW restaurants (not the ones that are just “rethemed”) don’t always open ADRs before the restaurant opens. Often they open and run it without ADRs and then open ADRs. Recently, that’s how Takumi Tei went. But also I remember back when both Skipper’s Canteen and La Hacienda opened, they both opened without ADRs until they worked out kinks and then they opened ADRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!