SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually Oga’s was a complete disaster for me. I was in the parks that day for the dis event. Usually I would be watching the news if I were at home. So till I found out it was 3 hrs later. Spent hours in my hotel room trying to get reservations for my opening weekend trip and not being able to get through on iPad and phone. When I eventually got in there was nothing for a trip that was solely dedicated to Star Wars for any of the experiences. So then I spend more of my day rebooking the entire trip for a different weekend that had openings again waiting in very slow queues. Then the next morning some openings popped up and even more slowly popped up when people realize Disney site double booked. I wasted a days worth of my trip on that nightmare. If they would’ve done a set release time but only done say a month at a time instead of 6 months of people all trying to get in at the exact same time it would’ve gone a lot smoother.

I, too, missed the Oga's release, finding out six hours late. So I spent 12 hours thinking that we might get to go at any point of our trip. (More spots for my dates became available the next day.) That anxious experience is actually why I am Watching this thread, for fear of missing any kind of announcement.

sorry if this has been asked but does anyone know if this will be a ts credit on the dining plan?

I was hoping that we would have more information on menu offering etc yet. Hoping to dine here on our Honeymoon trip next year and obviously our dining booking window is in October.

Actually Oga’s was a complete disaster for me. I was in the parks that day for the dis event. Usually I would be watching the news if I were at home. So till I found out it was 3 hrs later. Spent hours in my hotel room trying to get reservations for my opening weekend trip and not being able to get through on iPad and phone. When I eventually got in there was nothing for a trip that was solely dedicated to Star Wars for any of the experiences. So then I spend more of my day rebooking the entire trip for a different weekend that had openings again waiting in very slow queues. Then the next morning some openings popped up and even more slowly popped up when people realize Disney site double booked. I wasted a days worth of my trip on that nightmare. If they would’ve done a set release time but only done say a month at a time instead of 6 months of people all trying to get in at the exact same time it would’ve gone a lot smoother.

You can just walk in to Oga’s. Even on opening day, the line wasn’t very long. No reservation necessary and certainly no need to rebook a trip to get one.

You can just walk in to Oga’s. Even on opening day, the line wasn’t very long. No reservation necessary and certainly no need to rebook a trip to get one.
I think it’s still hard to tell how it will work since some people canceled trips this weekend. But it wasn’t just oga it was droid and lightsaber as well. I couldn’t get a reservation to do ANYTHING.

I think it’s still hard to tell how it will work since some people canceled trips this weekend. But it wasn’t just oga it was droid and lightsaber as well. I couldn’t get a reservation to do ANYTHING.

We walked in to Savi's as well on Friday.

My adult kids are very excited for this new restaurant. We're going next June so the minute my 180 appears on my calendar I'm on the phone!

We're booked for 5/2-5/12. I know that there isn't really enough concrete information yet, but, just as an educated guess given "this winter" as the opening timeframe, what does anyone think the chances are of ADRs being available when our reservation window opens on 11/4? I get the feeling we're going to lose the advantage of our 180+10, and have to watch things like this thread, and scramble for an ADR when they open.

Agreed, we had to swing by a couple times but they let us in as walk-ins. I was actually fairly underwhelmed (the prices of the drinks compared to the size was insane) so after I cancelled the ADR I'd made for my October trip. It was fun to check out once but there are better drinks in the World.

Agreed, we had to swing by a couple times but they let us in as walk-ins. I was actually fairly underwhelmed (the prices of the drinks compared to the size was insane) so after I cancelled the ADR I'd made for my October trip. It was fun to check out once but there are better drinks in the World.

The light saber experience at Savi's is awesome. It's ridiculously expensive, but very, very well done. Much better than Olivander's.

We go at the end of January and I'm starting to lose hope that we might be able to snag a reservation. Fingers still crossed though...it looks so cool!

I, too, missed the Oga's release, finding out six hours late. So I spent 12 hours thinking that we might get to go at any point of our trip. (More spots for my dates became available the next day.) That anxious experience is actually why I am Watching this thread, for fear of missing any kind of announcement.

We’re going in Nov and I was eagerly awaiting Oga’s. Checked every day, even when I was overseas. Until I fell while overseas, broke my ankle, and ended up having emergency surgery (on my birthday). Oga’s reservations opened while I was in the hospital. Missed it completely. By the time I could check, nothing left. I was hoping for cancellations (realize it’s unlikely). Then I found out it’s standing only, which I still won’t be able to do (should be able to bear weight by then, but we’re talking a few steps) so it doesn’t seem like it could work for me this trip anyway (will be renting an ECV). Still, a disappointment (on top of a couple tough weeks full of them). Had I known the date for reservations in advance, I would’ve had another member of the party ready to help/check as well as back-up. I understand why they did it, but for us it ended up having a very negative result. We still intend to try and ride Smuggler’s run, but, certainly not going to have all of the SWGE experience we wanted. Hoping Space 2020 may go differently for us (if it’s open by our trip.)

We’re going in Nov and I was eagerly awaiting Oga’s. Checked every day, even when I was overseas. Until I fell while overseas, broke my ankle, and ended up having emergency surgery (on my birthday). Oga’s reservations opened while I was in the hospital. Missed it completely. By the time I could check, nothing left. I was hoping for cancellations (realize it’s unlikely). Then I found out it’s standing only, which I still won’t be able to do (should be able to bear weight by then, but we’re talking a few steps) so it doesn’t seem like it could work for me this trip anyway (will be renting an ECV). Still, a disappointment (on top of a couple tough weeks full of them). Had I known the date for reservations in advance, I would’ve had another member of the party ready to help/check as well as back-up. I understand why they did it, but for us it ended up having a very negative result. We still intend to try and ride Smuggler’s run, but, certainly not going to have all of the SWGE experience we wanted. Hoping Space 2020 may go differently for us (if it’s open by our trip.)
What date in November do you need? I have some I could give you

I found out it’s standing only, which I still won’t be able to do (should be able to bear weight by then, but we’re talking a few steps) so it doesn’t seem like it could work for me this trip anyway (will be renting an ECV). Still, a disappointment (on top of a couple tough weeks full of them). Had I known the date for reservations in advance, I would’ve had another member of the party ready to help/check as well as back-up. I understand why they did it, but for us it ended up having a very negative result.

There is some sitting! My understanding is that it accommodates wheelchairs, so you should be able to do it. You may have to wait longer, but it is totally doable! Keep watching for reservations.

There is some sitting! My understanding is that it accommodates wheelchairs, so you should be able to do it. You may have to wait longer, but it is totally doable! Keep watching for reservations.
I saw both wheelchairs and ECVs in Oga’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!