SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wolfgang puck restaurant/grill on West Side of DS also has “signature dining” noted in its description but is a 1 credit table service so maybe this will be the same...
While that may be the case, I’ll be shocked if it’s not 2 credits. Based on the images we’ve seen and the sheer excitement about Space 220, I can’t see it being anything but 2 credits.

Also, Wolfgang is the only restaurant of many that has ‘signature dining’ in its title that is not 2 credits, at least that I’m aware of.

While that may be the case, I’ll be shocked if it’s not 2 credits. Based on the images we’ve seen and the sheer excitement about Space 220, I can’t see it being anything but 2 credits.

Also, Wolfgang is the only restaurant of many that has ‘signature dining’ in its title that is not 2 credits, at least that I’m aware of.
I agree with you. but I sure don't know why they need to have three signature restaurants in Epcot, plus the two around crescent lake within walking distance. Three if you count the one in dolphin.

I've been out of the loop on this for a while... has an opening date been announced yet? And are ADRs available, our next trip is June, so hoping to try it out. Thanks!

I agree with you. but I sure don't know why they need to have three signature restaurants in Epcot, plus the two around crescent lake within walking distance. Three if you count the one in dolphin.

I agree, the theme looks very cool, but I tend to think they’re not putting another signature restaurant in Epcot. But I guess we’ll find out soon!

Our last day this trip is the morning of February 1, fingers crossed for a breakfast or lunch if it opens that day. We're already scheduled for Epcot and I have a reservation for a workshop at 10 - 11:15 am so it would have to fit around that.

What’s the best way to check for ADR’s for this dropping? Log in every morning at 7 am? I’ve got a trip coming up February 8-15 and I’d love to snag an ADR if it opens sometime during the trip.

It’s possible that they might just open one morning, but they’ll probably announce ahead of time when they’ll open.

What’s the best way to check for ADR’s for this dropping? Log in every morning at 7 am? I’ve got a trip coming up February 8-15 and I’d love to snag an ADR if it opens sometime during the trip.
We will be there at about the same time and would love to experience this restaurant even though all of our plans are pretty much finalized.

Same here! We have a trip Feb 8-13. Last I saw, it was supposed to open on the 13th! Our flight is at night (I think around 6:30 pm) so we could do a lunch reservation...

Might be a similar deal to toppolino / bog. 1 credit breakfast and lunch and 2 credit dinner?

possible ... I could also see it going down the BOG path where it starts at just regular dining/1 TS credit and then they realize a ton of people go and just eat a cupcake because they want to check out the setting and they change dinner (at least) to be 2 TS credits and a pre-fixe meal

Hopefully not though ... as others have mentioned, I would prefer a per-person minimum rather than a pre-fixe ... or like you have to buy a boarding ticket to get into the restaurant and then no minimums once there or something

I'm losing patience with Space 220. I can't believe they haven't released the menu yet! I'm having trouble remembering... Does Disney allow guests to make reservations before a restaurant opens? Were people allowed to make reservations for Be Our Guest (I'm putting Space 220 on the same level of hype as BOG) before its official opening date?

I'm losing patience with Space 220. I can't believe they haven't released the menu yet! I'm having trouble remembering... Does Disney allow guests to make reservations before a restaurant opens? Were people allowed to make reservations for Be Our Guest (I'm putting Space 220 on the same level of hype as BOG) before its official opening date?
Reservations opened in August 2012 for the November 2012 BOG opening.

Disney can’t win. People are upset when they feel something opened too early (Skyliner and to some extent, Rise of the Resistance). When they open with some challenges people tell them they rushed the opening.

Personally, I’d prefer Disney wait until they know they’ll be ready to open to guests before accepting reservations or announcing the menu until they know for sure what items will be offered.

Disney can’t win. People are upset when they feel something opened too early (Skyliner and to some extent, Rise of the Resistance). When they open with some challenges people tell them they rushed the opening.

Personally, I’d prefer Disney wait until they know they’ll be ready to open to guests before accepting reservations or announcing the menu until they know for sure what items will be offered.

Agreed. This restaurant suffered a major setback when the executive chef that was hired on decided to take a previous position he held in Las Vegas instead. Things happen. I'm sure it's better for the restaurant to find the perfect candidate instead of just a body fill the open position.

It looks great! I am hoping to get a July ressie once they open. Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter