SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dang. None of the job postings list a start date.
The executive chef job posting says applications must be submitted by November 12th. The Sous Chef and other postings say their deadline is November 20th. I’m not familiar with the turnaround for opening a new restaurant though - maybe someone with more insight could chime in?

Disney has it posted as Winter 2019. I stand corrected. They had it posted on a link describing what's new from Epcot's homepage last week and now it's gone :(

The rumor I heard is by April. I was really hoping Dec 2019, especially because wdw.com was giving hope for that all the way up to last week.

The description for the Executive Chef positions states:

Join Patina Restaurant Group as we search the universe for associates to launch a spaced-themed restaurant, opening later this year at Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort. The restaurant’s expansive dining room will be unlike anything in the galaxy, offering guests amazing meals and spectacular views from high above the Earth. This first-of-its-kind restaurant will feature internationally inspired cuisine, a wide selection of craft beer, out of this world cocktails and more than 1,000 bottles of the world’s finest wines. We’re looking for motivated, innovative talent to join our team!

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/...aurant-at-patina-restaurant-group-1549429403/

Join Patina Restaurant Group as we search the universe for associates to launch a spaced-themed restaurant, opening later this year at Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort. The restaurant’s expansive dining room will be unlike anything in the galaxy, offering guests amazing meals and spectacular views from high above the Earth. This first-of-its-kind restaurant will feature internationally inspired cuisine, a wide selection of craft beer, out of this world cocktails and more than 1,000 bottles of the world’s finest wines. We’re looking for motivated, innovative talent to join our team!

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/...aurant-at-patina-restaurant-group-1549429403/
Posted 1 week ago Number of applicants 28 applicants

Only 28 applicants. Does that mean I have a shot?

I'm expecting Space220 to open like the rest of new restaurants recently.
They probably won't take ADRs until they're open for a few months.

Really is that what they do? So a restaurant becomes another 2 hour standby queue to plan into the day?

Really is that what they do? So a restaurant becomes another 2 hour standby queue to plan into the day?
I don't remember the time frame but I know that Takumi Tei first opened without taking ADRs. Then shortly thereafter they started taking them. We did make an ADR there but probably didn't need one. It was a lovely experience but a 1 and done for us. It's very expensive but still a great experience.

We've planned to just hit up a QS our Epcot night in December, but if this comes available by some miracle I'll have no choice but to try to snag an ADR. The job listings are expiring Nov 20th and although I haven't worked in food service in a long time it seems unlikely to me that they would hire a restaurant manager more than a month out, right?

Well, if it doesn't open up in time for our trip, there will still be plenty that is new for us, including Happily Ever After, Toy Story Land, and SW:GE.

It's not much of an "executive" chef position if the job description already outlines the cuisine and gives the chef what seems like a month or so to develop the menu. I suspect that Patina Group's culinary management will do all the actual executive chef work, and the executive chef they hire will be more like a "managing" chef.

The job description even shows the seniority level to be "Entry Level". :D

"opening later this year" wowza. Could it be true?! I was literally going to give up today and finalize my late December trip plans, but now I cannot! Must continue to stalk this thread daily!!!!

It's not much of an "executive" chef position if the job description already outlines the cuisine and gives the chef what seems like a month or so to develop the menu. I suspect that Patina Group's culinary management will do all the actual executive chef work, and the executive chef they hire will be more like a "managing" chef.

The job description even shows the seniority level to be "Entry Level". :D

Maybe they have a general idea for what they want and are looking for someone to carry that vision to fruition? I am thinking based on the "International inspired cuisine" that they are going for what ISS is supposed to be, an International Space Station. It would be neat to see a menu that includes various dishes from different countries involved in space exploration. I have no idea if that makes running the kitchen much harder, but it would be neat.

"opening later this year" wowza. Could it be true?! I was literally going to give up today and finalize my late December trip plans, but now I cannot! Must continue to stalk this thread daily!!!!

I ave SAI booked as a place holder but I will ditch that one in a heartbeat if 220 opens. I am not late decenmebr though, but middle, so I am afraid we will end up in the Pyramid. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!