SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagerly following- hoping to find out when adrs can be booked too. Going end of Feb and this is our must-do! I wanted to be an astronaut from 5-12 grade. This looks amazing 😃

Does anyone know what the menu will look like? What kinds of food are they going to have? Is it table service or counter service? Haven't heard/read much on the details. Really looking forward to this on our 2020 trip!!

Does anyone know what the menu will look like? What kinds of food are they going to have? Is it table service or counter service? Haven't heard/read much on the details. Really looking forward to this on our 2020 trip!!
WELL, I for one will be really upset if there isn't any TANG on the menu, cause you know, "That's the kind the astronauts drink" :rotfl2:

Only thing we do know is it’s a table service. My TA friend hasn’t even gotten information yet on it.

I really hope they give a date as to when ADR booking will open. We are going the 2nd week of January and would love to eat someplace new, especially in Epcot (Takumi-Tei is far too expensive for us).

I really hope they give a date as to when ADR booking will open. We are going the 2nd week of January and would love to eat someplace new, especially in Epcot (Takumi-Tei is far too expensive for us).

I wil have two Tweens with me and at this time i have San Angel inn booked as a place holder JIC. I think they really would enjoy Space though, and am stalling this page for info for December

This is from the Parks Blog post

Our friends at Patina Restaurant Group will operate the new restaurant, and they’ve developed a menu that features internationally-inspired cuisine, more than 1,000 bottles of the world’s finest wines and a wide selection of craft beer.

Our friends at Patina Restaurant Group will operate the new restaurant, and they’ve developed a menu that features internationally-inspired cuisine, more than 1,000 bottles of the world’s finest wines and a wide selection of craft beer.

Sounds like it's going to be an expensive restaurant.

Is it just me or does the extensive wine offering seem strange to go with it's theme?

Sounds like it's going to be an expensive restaurant.
Is it just me or does the extensive wine offering seem strange to go with it's theme?
I believe it is a regular table service restaurant (i.e. not signature) but that doesn’t mean it won’t be pricey. Does seem a little strange for what I had imagined a “space restaurant” to be but I’m excited to see what they do with it!

I would imagine it to have similar prices to other popular 1 credit dining restaurants that are of similar quality/style with a unique theme, such as Coral Reef or Skipper Canteen.

I never feel any of the 1 credit sit-down restaurants I go to in Disney are "cheap" at all. Maybe something like Magic Kingdom's Plaza or Beaches and Cream or the Sci-fi Dine-in or '50s Prime-time since they are all, essentially, glorified diners, are on the lighter side price wise but most of the sit-downs are not cheap.

I believe it is a regular table service restaurant (i.e. not signature) but that doesn’t mean it won’t be pricey. Does seem a little strange for what I had imagined a “space restaurant” to be but I’m excited to see what they do with it!
I never thought it would be inexpensive. Just would not have expected the only foods they had highlighted so far at a space Restaurant would be a huge selection of wines.

Going early December! So everyday I eagerly check for any info on a definite date for it to open. Thanks for the thread!

I think they got it right when they opened ADRs for Oga's. Once word got out, i dont know if it was done at a slower pace or maybe just less interest overall, but the system didn't crash and while the waits were long people eventually got in and I think many got their ADRs. If they do a pre-announced release date, god help us all.
Actually Oga’s was a complete disaster for me. I was in the parks that day for the dis event. Usually I would be watching the news if I were at home. So till I found out it was 3 hrs later. Spent hours in my hotel room trying to get reservations for my opening weekend trip and not being able to get through on iPad and phone. When I eventually got in there was nothing for a trip that was solely dedicated to Star Wars for any of the experiences. So then I spend more of my day rebooking the entire trip for a different weekend that had openings again waiting in very slow queues. Then the next morning some openings popped up and even more slowly popped up when people realize Disney site double booked. I wasted a days worth of my trip on that nightmare. If they would’ve done a set release time but only done say a month at a time instead of 6 months of people all trying to get in at the exact same time it would’ve gone a lot smoother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!