SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember if Olgas or Savi's Workshop was on the WDW website before they announced the ADR's? Or did that information just appear when they announced the ability to book an ADR? I'm curious because I keep checking the WDW website for any Space 220 restaurant and just wondering if it will pop up the day they open reservations or if it will come online a few weeks before ADR's.

Does anyone remember if Olgas or Savi's Workshop was on the WDW website before they announced the ADR's? Or did that information just appear when they announced the ability to book an ADR? I'm curious because I keep checking the WDW website for any Space 220 restaurant and just wondering if it will pop up the day they open reservations or if it will come online a few weeks before ADR's.

Honestly, you just never know what they're going to do. Sometimes things just show up, sometimes things get announced, and sometimes you wind up in the BOG fiasco of 2012 when it was all by phone on the ADR release date.

Honestly, you just never know what they're going to do. Sometimes things just show up, sometimes things get announced, and sometimes you wind up in the BOG fiasco of 2012 when it was all by phone on the ADR release date.
OMG, that's funny. "the BOG fiasco of 2012" sounds like something you should learn about in Disney World Planning History Class. It sounds like a nightmare. I didn't go to Disney in 2012 so I don't remember what happened but I'm assuming they announced that the restaurant was going to start taking ADR's on a particular day and you could only make the ADR by phone. So the wait time ended up being insane!?

OMG, that's funny. "the BOG fiasco of 2012" sounds like something you should learn about in Disney World Planning History Class. It sounds like a nightmare. I didn't go to Disney in 2012 so I don't remember what happened but I'm assuming they announced that the restaurant was going to start taking ADR's on a particular day and you could only make the ADR by phone. So the wait time ended up being insane!?
I was there. I don't remember the fiasco but we didn't expect to get in BOG and I don't think we tried. We got an ADR for Feb. 2013 though. -Oh I remember, we were there early November and only got into new Fantasyland for a sudden soft opening. BOG was not up and running.

I think they got it right when they opened ADRs for Oga's. Once word got out, i dont know if it was done at a slower pace or maybe just less interest overall, but the system didn't crash and while the waits were long people eventually got in and I think many got their ADRs. If they do a pre-announced release date, god help us all.

I think they got it right when they opened ADRs for Oga's. Once word got out, i dont know if it was done at a slower pace or maybe just less interest overall, but the system didn't crash and while the waits were long people eventually got in and I think many got their ADRs. If they do a pre-announced release date, god help us all.
I agree. I think Oga's went pretty well. Because it wasn't announced before hand, it just sort of took off through social media and you had people logging into the website at so many different times, it didn't crash the website, although as time went by the wait got longer and longer. I think it's a toss up on what Disney decides to do in regards to Space 220. On the one hand you have so MANY people waiting anxiously for ANY word of SWGE that if they announced ADR's for Ogas, Savi's etc it would have shut down their system in a heartbeat. So, they decided to just put it out there and let people find out on their own. Who knows if they are looking for more "hype" for Space 220 and will "announce" ADR's or if they will take the softer approach of opening it up to ADR's and then making an announcement.

Pretty much. Phones opened at 7am ET and it took me close to 2,000 tries and an hour and 45 min to get through. The main dining line couldn't handle all of the calls, so people were calling pretty much any Disney number they could find to try and get patched into the dining hold queue. You name it...Disney Store, DVC, Travel Agent...anything. There were some lucky people who got through really quickly, others who sat in the hold queue for a while for an actual agent, and some who were immediately pushed to an automated dining reservation booking queue once they got through. This wound up being the best because it was faster than waiting on a person. Most of it was just an all lines are busy/call can't be completed message or fast busy signal. I wouldn't have minded waiting on hold, but it was just crazy to have to keep trying to get through. While Disney's website has a poor track record, you never think of trying to call their lines and them being so overwhelmed that they can't handle it.

I was there. I don't remember the fiasco but we didn't expect to get in BOG and I don't think we tried. We got an ADR for Feb. 2013 though. -Oh I remember, we were there early November and only got into new Fantasyland for a sudden soft opening. BOG was not up and running.

I'm scarred for life by it :rotfl2:I think Nov 19th was the first day for ADRs and I was trying for the 19th or the 20th. The spots opened up in August, so it's possible your Feb trip was a standard 180 situation so you didn't have to deal with the drama.

I had issues on the first day for Oga's, but was able to get my spots on day 2. Still, it wasn't insanity when they did open it up, so I guess we'll see what happens with Space,

Pretty much. Phones opened at 7am ET and it took me close to 2,000 tries and an hour and 45 min to get through. The main dining line couldn't handle all of the calls, so people were calling pretty much any Disney number they could find to try and get patched into the dining hold queue. You name it...Disney Store, DVC, Travel Agent...anything. There were some lucky people who got through really quickly, others who sat in the hold queue for a while for an actual agent, and some who were immediately pushed to an automated dining reservation booking queue once they got through. This wound up being the best because it was faster than waiting on a person. Most of it was just an all lines are busy/call can't be completed message or fast busy signal. I wouldn't have minded waiting on hold, but it was just crazy to have to keep trying to get through. While Disney's website has a poor track record, you never think of trying to call their lines and them being so overwhelmed that they can't handle it.
I can't imagine the cast members at the Disney Store, expecting a regular day, when all of a sudden their phones were ringing off the hook. DVC sales people probably thought it was their lucky day, with the phone ringing, only to find out someone was trying to get ahold of dining! lol that's a great story! Well I have my fingers crossed for Space 220 because if it does open when I'm there at the end of December and they mess up the reservation system...and I can't get through...I'll be sad.

This reminds me of the early days of Ticketmaster - standing outside all night in front of record stores, calling every Ticketmaster number even in States outside of the one the performer was performing in. Madness at its finest. lol

I can't imagine the cast members at the Disney Store, expecting a regular day, when all of a sudden their phones were ringing off the hook. DVC sales people probably thought it was their lucky day, with the phone ringing, only to find out someone was trying to get ahold of dining! lol that's a great story! Well I have my fingers crossed for Space 220 because if it does open when I'm there at the end of December and they mess up the reservation system...and I can't get through...I'll be sad.

Obviously, it's been several years since this happened, but I think they eventually redirected all lines into the dining center because most of these other Disney entities can't do much. In the end, it all worked out OK, and I got my ADR...and masked it as work issues so my kids didn't figure out that we were going on a surprise trip. I literally started crying when it confirmed my ADR and I was telling the kids something about I'm just happy that my files went through. I'm awful! For Space, I'm going to be there in early January and would really like this as my meal after the half marathon. My friend running the 5k with me will have flown home by this point, so I figured something new and neat while going solo would be a perfect way to cap things off. Hopefully, we'll all get the ADRs we want.

This reminds me of the early days of Ticketmaster - standing outside all night in front of record stores, calling every Ticketmaster number even in States outside of the one the performer was performing in. Madness at its finest. lol

Exactly! I recall comparing it to concert ticket sales opening up for something popular. Oh well...it's part of the memories going into that trip and it all worked out in the end :)

Bob Chapek very clearly said “this winter.” I too am disappointed because I was thinking I’d be able to schedule ADR for late January, and now I’m not sure. I think that if they were confident it would open by the end of 2019 he would have said so. Of course, December is winter, so we can still hope!
I looked up winter and it officially starts 12/21 😭😭😭

Oh my god the BOG opening. It’s been seven years and I can still remember clear as day starting the entire thing at home. Having to stop for class. And then once out spending a good bit in the school parking lot with my Mom and I playing phone tag until finally we got through and I got the reservation.

Hoping to get Space for the marathon trip. Since I’m trying to not to add to much stuff to the packed Dec trip

I remember it too! I also am still recovering from BOG breakfast opening! I was trying to get through for my dining ADR's and got caught up in that tangled mess. I have no idea how many times I called and how long I was on the phone, but I do knwo I got nothing done at work that day!

I was talking to my friend last night (she is also my TA) about some plans and changes for our January trip and asked her to keep an eye out for this to hopefully get an ADR.
So now I have two chances if they open before our trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!