SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps it will open when Disney reopens. . .no pesky guests to deal with and hopefully the glass has been reinstalled and it will be ready to go. Just a guess, but an educated one. . .;)

I was just thinking the same thing! However, I wonder if construction crews, restaurant staff, etc. will be under the closing. Will everything remained closed? Not only to public/guests, but everyone? Castle painters? Glass installers? 😳🤷🏼‍♀️

I was just thinking the same thing! However, I wonder if construction crews, restaurant staff, etc. will be under the closing. Will everything remained closed? Not only to public/guests, but everyone? Castle painters? Glass installers? 😳🤷🏼‍♀️

Not likely unless things really start to multiply. Not specifically regarding Disney, but where I'm from all College campuses are closed but staff are still working.

Curious, are there any sit down restaurants within a WDW park that do not accept the DDP?
Takumi Tei is all that comes to mind.
Takumi tei....☹ & the lounges...
In addition to Takumi-Tei and the lounges, Monsieur Paul had a hefty surcharge on *most* of its menu when it first opened, something like 2 credits + $30 per person. Depending on the cost and level that they are providing, they could take the DDP, but offer some of the menu at a surcharge.

Things were very different when this thread started. Heck, when this started, I was hoping it would be open in time for Marathon weekend 2020. At this point, I just hope it opens at some point and will be there for a future trip...whenever that might be. In the meantime, I'd like to think back on the fun speculations of the menu offerings we might see or how they might even come about. Yes, my brain is taking wild leaps and thinking to the Jetsons. I mean, wouldn't it be fun if they were successful and had a quick service spinoff offering the Foodarackacycle? (or however you spell that :D )

I was just thinking about this restaurant yesterday. I hate to be a raincloud, but I'm kind of thinking that this might be a "hey, remember when they were going to open a cool-sounding space restaurant?"

I hope I'm wrong, of course!

I was hopeful (for a tiny bit of time) that Disney would be in full blown construction mode, sans crowds. But sadly, as with the rest of the country... no go. I have no hope for the opening for a long time...

Right now, I'm just hoping the parks are open by May 24...and I used to be obsessed with the opening of this restaurant.
Same boat here-we have a trip June 19-23, and was hoping the RAT ride in France and this restaurant would both be opened, as we are staying in Boardwalk. Well, staying in Boardwalk if they are open and our conference isn't cancelled. Now, I would be thrilled just to get to go during this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter