Space Mountain question

casperthegm

Mouseketeer
Hi, I'm trying to familiarize myself with the rides at the park, so we can figure out which ones we want to prioritize. I'm confused about Space Mountain. I've seen things about Space Mountain, Hyperspace Mountain, Space Mountain 2, and Space Mountain with a Star Wars theme. Can someone clarify how many space mountains there are and what the differences are? Thank you.

There's only one Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris, but -- as you point out -- it has undergone quite a few changes since opening, which resulted in all those different names and some very understandable confusion.

A Star Wars overlay was recently added to DLP's Space Mountain: here's how the attraction currently appears on the Disneyland Paris website, under the moniker "Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain."

I'm not sure how long this overlay will last, but for now "Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain" = the one and only Space Mountain at DLP.

If you want some more detailed information on DLP's Space Mountain and its evolution, Wikipedia is way more knowledgeable than I am.

Hope this helps!

Among all those transformations, the track of the roller coaster has remained the same, only special effects, music and screens projections have been changed. While the theme is now Start Wars, the exterior of the ride is still themed to Jules Verne's view of the future.
If you're used to the Space Mountains versions in other resorts, Paris version is much more intense. It is a launched coaster with multiple inversions, similar in thrill level to Rock And Roller Coaster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!