Souvenirs - shipping??

TinkSassy

DIS Veteran
I am doing about 14 days in Japan and starting at TDLR. My concern is that I will be moving around a lot once I leave there so I need to keep my baggage light and carry on. I already have my eye on at least one popcorn bucket (lol). Suggestions on this type of thing? Storage as I am flying back out of Haneda? Ship back to US? Any guidance is appreciated!

There's a packing/shipping place at the parks, but I've no idea what they charge. We did ship our daughter a care package from the USA to Tokyo last year and it was very expensive. This past trip we took over an empty suitcase which she filled with the 'loot' she'd acquired over the past 4 months and we brought it back home for her.

I am doing about 14 days in Japan and starting at TDLR. My concern is that I will be moving around a lot once I leave there so I need to keep my baggage light and carry on. I already have my eye on at least one popcorn bucket (lol). Suggestions on this type of thing? Storage as I am flying back out of Haneda? Ship back to US? Any guidance is appreciated!

The delivery services in Japan are cheap and reliable (only about 2000 yen to ship a checked luggage from Tokyo to Osaka). You can have it sent to your last hotel or directly to HND. You'll have to check how long the hotel is willing to hold it for or if there are any extra fees for holding at HND. I believe the delivery companies can hold it too.

I like to use it to ship from hotel to hotel and bypass the short 2-3 day stops, so never had this issue with a longer holding time. We take a carry on for the short stop along with backpacks. Then when we're reunited with our large luggage, fill it with more souvenirs and swap out clothes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter