souvenier DVD of DLP ?

bluegirl

Mouseketeer
HI Can anyone reccommend a good DVD of DLP that is available to purchase? Is there such a thing? Would like something like this as a momento of my up and comming trip. :flower:

There is one for sale in the parks - quite cheap I think - ask DisneyRGB - she's got one and will be able to tell you what's on it altogether. :)

I can sort of help! I actually bought the video last April, before the DVDs came out. As far as I know the DVD is the same as the video, except they sell one DVD with different language soundtracks on, instead of 6 different videos, all in different languages. I can tell you the contents of the video - it's shows a family (very cheesy and badly dubbed!!) arriving at their hotel and going to the parks. Donald Duck is their tour guide and we see the family in both parks, on the rides, in restaurants and in shops, as well as seeing a bit of the parades. It's about 30 minutes long. As I said it's cheesy but it does show quite a bit of the parks and is nice for bringing back the memories. The video was 9 euros (about £6), I thought that was reasonable so I couldn't really leave it on the shelf! DVD may be a bit more expensive.

Hope that helps!

Rhiannon :wizard:

I bought the DVD on my last trip - it's the same as the video excapt it has an hour of extras which is a documentary about the Fantillusion Parade which includes the whole parade 'live'. Excellent DVD, even if the main feature is very cheesy and includes the family taking video footage inside rides even though DLRP request that you don't!!!

Price was €19.90

I can tell you the contents of the video - it's shows a family (very cheesy and badly dubbed!!) arriving at their hotel and going to the parks.

It doesn't sound any better than the one I bought when we went in 1993!! For all I know it might be the same - though I don't remember seeing Donald Duck.

I thought they brought out a new DVD last year, possibly still with the cheesy family bit in, but with a whole host of extras to make up for it!!!

Just found what I was looking for - Souvenir DVD

Oh no don't do it!!!!!!

The video was a complete waste of 19 Euros. Wish we had not done it! I love all the souviner videos / DVDs I've got for WDW (I've got 5 different ones) and watch them over and over. This video though was appalling and I cringe every time my DD wants to watch it (she likes the bits with Donald Duck)

The DVD sounds more promising though if it has bonus features on?

I can vouch for the DVD. Had never seen MSEP so that was a good addition.
My 3 year old watches it almost wekly.

Reid

Miffy2003 said:
Oh no don't do it!!!!!!

The video was a complete waste of 19 Euros. Wish we had not done it! I love all the souviner videos / DVDs I've got for WDW (I've got 5 different ones) and watch them over and over. This video though was appalling and I cringe every time my DD wants to watch it (she likes the bits with Donald Duck)

The DVD sounds more promising though if it has bonus features on?

Funnt isn't it. Of the 4 Disney Park DVD's I have this is my favourite. For me its the one that captures the spirit of the park best. Yes the dubbing is atrocious but it really evokes memories of all my trips to Disneyland Paris (i've only been 3 times so there aren't that many)

fccabs said:
Funnt isn't it. Of the 4 Disney Park DVD's I have this is my favourite. For me its the one that captures the spirit of the park best. Yes the dubbing is atrocious but it really evokes memories of all my trips to Disneyland Paris (i've only been 3 times so there aren't that many)

Yes I'm afraid the dubbing and the family on the DVD make me cringe, LOL

It would be a boring place if we all liked the same things wouldn't it? :cool1:

Well, if you're a Disney themepark fan, you REALLY have to buy this dvd. The main feature does suck, but behind the scenes of Main Street Electrical Parade and Fantillusion is really really cool. They even go behind the screens at WDW!!! So a really must, take it from me!

I know this thread is a bit old now, but just wanted to bump it up as I bought the DVD while I was there and I've got to say it is FANTASTIC!

Not the cheesy family bit, which was okay (they weren't QUITE as annoying as the one on one of the Universal Florida videos I got once), but for the superb "One Lightbulb to Another" documentary that is included in the extras.

It must be at least half an hour long and covers the (slightly emotional) final showing of the Main Street Electrical Parade at DLP, plus some insight into how it originally came about, the music etc. and then goes on to show the first ever Fantillusion parade plus lots of behind the scenes info about that too. This alone is well worth the cost of buying the DVD.

I bought DS a video in a local petrol station called "Singalong songs in Disneyland Paris" and its great.
It only cost £4 but now its worn out because hes watched it so much :)

I tried to get another copy from Amazon but they were out of stock :sad2:

(Although thinking about it that was about 2 months ago so I'm going to nip over to Amazon's site to see if they have any :) )

Good news is Amazon has 3 in stock :teeth:

The bad news is that they're priced from £14.95 - £18.75 and they all 2nd hand (therfore probably played to death) :rolleyes:

To think I only paid £4 for the one I bought

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter