Southwest - Wanna Getaway...Please Help

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.

I need to book my dh on a flight to FLL. The best price I see is Southwest Wanna Getaway price. I need to choose my dh seat since he is a big giy. He needs aisle. Is there anyway I could reserve a seat or pay for a boarding number with that rate?

Thank you.

There is no reserving a seat ahead of time on Southwest. The only way that would help to guarantee an aisle seat is to buy the early bird check-in. This would get him an earlier boarding number, in which case he would get on the plane somewhat early, at least early enough that hopefully an aisle seat should be available.

There is no reserving a seat ahead of time on Southwest. The only way that would help to guarantee an aisle seat is to buy the early bird check-in. This would get him an earlier boarding number, in which case he would get on the plane somewhat early, at least early enough that hopefully an aisle seat should be available.

Thank you. So if I book hhe Early Bird it says I should get A1-A15. How am I assigned which number? Would it be best for me to do ghe Early Bird and then do check in myself? Thanks soooo much. We never flew Souhwest before.

Thank you. So if I book hhe Early Bird it says I should get A1-A15. How am I assigned which number? Would it be best for me to do ghe Early Bird and then do check in myself? Thanks soooo much. We never flew Souhwest before.

Early Bird does not guarantee you an A boarding pass, and definitely not A1-15. Those are reserved for Business Select fares. If you purchase Early Bird, you'll be checked in at 36 hours before flight (ahead of everyone who has not purchased it). Your odds are increased that you'll get an aisle seat, but not guaranteed.

What you COULD do is purchased Upgrading Boarding, which is done at the gate and offers access to A1-15 (if availability exists): https://www.southwest.com/html/trav...x.html?clk=GFOOTER-PRODUCTS-UPGRADED-BOARDING

Hi.

I need to book my dh on a flight to FLL. The best price I see is Southwest Wanna Getaway price. I need to choose my dh seat since he is a big giy. He needs aisle. Is there anyway I could reserve a seat or pay for a boarding number with that rate?

Thank you.
SW uses open seating. Bulkhead seats at the front and exit row seats may provide more legroom, but all of the seats are the same width. You can add Early Bird Check In for $15. With EBCI, he will be automatically be checked in before the open check in begins 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure. Flying to FLL, that will probably get a boarding number in the A boarding group. A1 to A15 are reserved for the premium ticket categories (and may not all be used on a particular flight), but he could pay to add this at the gate if space is still available and his EBCI-assigned number is too high. I would not do this with a boarding number below A30 in any case. With a boarding number between A16 and A60, he should be able to find an aisle seat without a problem.

You won't get A1-15, that reserved for the Business/higher fares. Your number gets assigned in the order you purchased. If you were the second person to purchase, you would get something like A17. The 45th person to buy it, you would get something like A60. Agree with PP, anything in the A's and the first few in B, you should be fine in getting the aisle. When you buy early bird, you can check in anytime within 24 hours, doesn't have to be at exact 24 hour mark if you don't buy early bird.

If there are spots available in the A1-15, you can buy those spots at that gate, I believe on the $40ish range.

Thank you all so much! I will book him and add the Early Bird and hope for the best. Is that correct?

Also how is someone assigned a boarding number over someone else? Is it assigned when you booked your flight? Im looking to book him for March 3. Oh I see PP its assigned when I book.

Also, what is the deal with Spirit? Why is it so cheap? Does anyone even fly them I cannot understand why so cheap.

Sorry can't help with Spirit, as it's not at my home airport. The one thing I do know is they nickle and dime you, so depending on what your needs are (baggage, seat assignments, snacks) it may or may not be cheaper.

Thanks all so mich! Booked Southwest. It wasnt a deal breaker. Ot getting assigned seat but it would be helpful. Purchased Early Bird and will hope for the best. Thanks so much!

Ot getting assigned seat but it would be helpful.

Just making sure you understand that *no one* gets assigned seats with SW. You walk onto the plane and choose your seat.

And FWIW DH, a big guy, tends to like window seats because it curves outwards and gives him a bit more shoulder space. Getting that shoulder space in an aisle means getting slammed by beverage carts by FAs who don't call out that they are there.

Just making sure you understand that *no one* gets assigned seats with SW. You walk onto the plane and choose your seat.

And FWIW DH, a big guy, tends to like window seats because it curves outwards and gives him a bit more shoulder space. Getting that shoulder space in an aisle means getting slammed by beverage carts by FAs who don't call out that they are there.

There are no beverage carts on Southwest.

We always get early bird and usually can always grab an exit row. More than often one of the attendants will be standing in one of the exit rows as people board. Just ask them if you may sit there and they will move.

I have flown Southwest many times with Early Bird and have always gotten an isle seat. With many more available.

If your husband need leg room Spirit is not a plane to fly on. I am 5'2"and I have no leg room in those planes.
For SWA just pay the $40 at the gate and get the A 1-15 boarding position I have paid the $40 and always gotten A 1-15.
Thank you all so much! I will book him and add the Early Bird and hope for the best. Is that correct?

Also how is someone assigned a boarding number over someone else? Is it assigned when you booked your flight? Im looking to book him for March 3. Oh I see PP its assigned when I book.

Also, what is the deal with Spirit? Why is it so cheap? Does anyone even fly them I cannot understand why so cheap.

As you are new to Southwest, please note that no food is served, no matter how long the flight is. Maybe some pretzels, or nuts, but there is no food to purchase. I fly Southwest all the time, and for the long flights from California to Florida, I make sure to bring my breakfast on the first flight, and hopefully have time to grab a to-go bag at the connecting airport. There is also no entertainment. Most people bring their laptops or iPads.

If you have Early Bird do you have to check in 36 hours ahead of the flight or is it just done automatically for you and you don't need to do anything?

As you are new to Southwest, please note that no food is served, no matter how long the flight is. Maybe some pretzels, or nuts, but there is no food to purchase. I fly Southwest all the time, and for the long flights from California to Florida, I make sure to bring my breakfast on the first flight, and hopefully have time to grab a to-go bag at the connecting airport. There is also no entertainment. Most people bring their laptops or iPads.

Southwest does offer wifi and sometimes movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter