Southwest Splenors hotel change

awatt

<font color=CC66CC>My pontoon boat is like a float
just an FYI that the hotel in the Grand CAnyon is now the Thunderbird Lodge.

just an FYI that the hotel in the Grand CAnyon is now the Thunderbird Lodge.
Interesting! The Thunderbird Lodge is a Grand Canyon Lodge, in the Villiage. What I've read makes it an "OK" hotel, but the location is excellent, right in the village, right on the Rim!

The Grand Hotel was nice, but you can't beat the location of this one!

Sayhello

Very interesting, since we really didn't have any complaints about the Grand on our tour, other than that the water pressure was really poor in the showers. But being right in the park will make a difference in terms of your experience of the Canyon. Although they made it as easy for us to spend time in the park as possible, I think you can't beat staying in the village (apart from the crowds).

Yes, personally, although not "luxury", I really liked the Grand. I found their beds very comfortable; the room was large & clean & nice-looking. I don't think the Thunderbird is a "better" hotel, actually from what I've read, it's not as nice. But, as you say, actually staying by the Canyon is a much different experience. Although I wonder if that means no IMAX?

Sayhello

Thanks for the update!!
Do you know when this change will take place? We are going the end of September
End of September 2008? As far as I've seen, the change takes place with the 2009 season. But who knows? I'd call ABD and ask them.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter