Southwest flights sold out after only 1 day schedule open??

Happened to us on our return flight from San Diego. All of the cheaper fares were sold out immediately and no new ones were released. Ended up returning on American.

Check back. For about the first 36-48 house after the days opened up for flight purchases, many were automatically marked as sold out. But if you go back, they should be available now (unless by now they are actually sold out lol). I was trying to buy Oct 5th and about 25% of flights showed as sold out right off the bat. But a day later they opened the flights up. :)

We’re trying to get out to San Diego today for our cruise tomorrow’. Our flight is delayed 4 hours and we’re not the only ones. I saw at least 15 other Southwest delays at our airport.

Between the mechanic/ union issue and the Max SW has been cancelling a lot of flights or long delays. I have been stuck with the delay issues and no people on the cancelled flights.

Our flight at the end of April was selling for $111 on Friday. Now it shows as sold out in all categories as does the next flight out. Neither flights were Max planes but I am wondering if these will end up being canceled. I am going to give it a few days to see if remains sold out. If SW is going to cancel I want to be able to rebook sooner than later.

Our flight at the end of April was selling for $111 on Friday. Now it shows as sold out in all categories as does the next flight out. Neither flights were Max planes but I am wondering if these will end up being canceled. I am going to give it a few days to see if remains sold out. If SW is going to cancel I want to be able to rebook sooner than later.

it is possible that SW will divert some non max planes to previous max routes to balance out the pain. I can't book until Juneish, hoping that they have solved their issues by then because I really like flying them and they are one of two carriers who goes direct from providence, which I VASTLY prefer to Boston. Still might have to reconsider Boston this time :-/

My flight in a couple of weeks was showing as sold out right after the Max grounding, and I was sure they were going to cancel it. I’m glad to see they are selling seats again, and also the same flight went ahead as scheduled yesterday, when it had been canceled the week before. I’m just hoping for the best, since if they do cancel it it will probably only be with a few days notice. :crazy2:

My flight in a couple of weeks was showing as sold out right after the Max grounding, and I was sure they were going to cancel it. I’m glad to see they are selling seats again, and also the same flight went ahead as scheduled yesterday, when it had been canceled the week before. I’m just hoping for the best, since if they do cancel it it will probably only be with a few days notice. :crazy2:

I am glad they are selling seats again. The flight we are scheduled on is sold out for almost the entire month of April so I think it is a scheduling issue and not that it is really sold out. Between on our work schedules and trying to catch a cruise the times we can fly are limited so I would like to get on another flight if I could. The flights earlier in the day are $100 more than we paid so I don't want to switch yet but it is making me very nervous....

Tale of caution: We just returned from San Diego and cruising on the Wonder from March 15 -20th. We were scheduled to fly home non-stop on Friday, March 22nd. Apparently Southwest texted us sometime on the cruise that our flight was canceled, and I knew we were supposed to be on a 737-700 plane. We didn't receive the text and found out it was canceled when we tried to check in on Thursday while we were at the SD Zoo. Talk about craziness trying to piece together a return trip that left us with a flight to Las Vegas on Friday, overnight stay in a hotel at our cost on Friday night, and an early morning flight from Las Vegas to St. Louis on Saturday. Everything was sold out or unavailable! We needed to be home for school and work today. It was quite an adventure! We are still trying to get some Rapid Rewards points back and dispute some charges for Early Bird Confirmation during the re-booking fiasco.

The cruise was amazing though! :)

Tale of caution: We just returned from San Diego and cruising on the Wonder from March 15 -20th. We were scheduled to fly home non-stop on Friday, March 22nd. Apparently Southwest texted us sometime on the cruise that our flight was canceled, and I knew we were supposed to be on a 737-700 plane. We didn't receive the text and found out it was canceled when we tried to check in on Thursday while we were at the SD Zoo. Talk about craziness trying to piece together a return trip that left us with a flight to Las Vegas on Friday, overnight stay in a hotel at our cost on Friday night, and an early morning flight from Las Vegas to St. Louis on Saturday. Everything was sold out or unavailable! We needed to be home for school and work today. It was quite an adventure! We are still trying to get some Rapid Rewards points back and dispute some charges for Early Bird Confirmation during the re-booking fiasco.

The cruise was amazing though! :)

I am glad your cruise was great!

This is my fear. We are scheduled on the 737-700 two days before our cruise. Our first night hotel is not refundable (DVC) and we have rental cars, etc. We have travel insurance but we really need to fly the day we are scheduled if possible. It is a month away so anything can happen but I would like to be proactive if I could.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!