Southwest calendar opening hour?

jcarwash

DIS Veteran
On this coming Thursday June 22, the Southwest calendar is supposed to open through early March 2018. Can anyone remind me at what time the extension typically goes live?

Last edited:

When they open the calendar are the prices typically lower? i booked for September long after they opened up, and prices don't seem to be moving in the right direction. Need a flight for January and don't want to pay too much!

In my experience, they are cheapest on opening day right when they open, and climb quickly during that first day. Example, we had to book 6 of us for October and prices went up after booking 3 people, then again for the 5th and 6th. Now, sometimes those prices will come down during sales and such (although not as often anymore), which is why it's so great that SW will give your points back immediately or give you a credit to use.

I'll keep an eye out for Thursday then. Thanks! We are upgrading to annual pass when we go in September, so there will be at least one more trip after January. Have to get my money's worth on the pass, by spending another thousand or so on another trip. I so fall into that annual pass trap!!!

Having the same problem. The calendar makes it look like the dates are open, but then it tells me there's nothing scheduled. I have a hard time believing there is not a single flight that can go from MHT or BOS to MCO when there have always been many options per day. Yay technology?

Having the same problem. The calendar makes it look like the dates are open, but then it tells me there's nothing scheduled. I have a hard time believing there is not a single flight that can go from MHT or BOS to MCO when there have always been many options per day. Yay technology?

I'm looking for MCO to MHT and that's what it's saying as well! Super frustrating!!

The web site and mobile app navigation elements (date pickers, calendars) were live around 6:15 ET but now we're waiting for the actual schedules to load.

Same here...no flights out of PVD. I just called they said its still loading.
i'm waiting for the same. I checked BOS and nothing and then surmised they hadn't loaded yet, there's no way they're not flying out of boston!

i'm waiting for the same. I checked BOS and nothing and then surmised they hadn't loaded yet, there's no way they're not flying out of boston!

Haven't experienced SW like this. Usually when the dates update the flights are there. Its been 30 minutes since the dates loaded and still no flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter