Sorry!

RedSox10NG

Earning My Ears
Please, excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is the Disney Dining plan? How does it work? Is it worth it in your opinions? I plan on eating in the parks once or twice a day, but not all three meals. For breakfast, I'll probably eat at the McDonald's near ASMO, since that's where we're staying. Either that, or I'll indulge myself in the previously awarded 'best resort cafeteria.' Thanks for the info, guys!

-RedSox

See the very first thread on this page - The 2006 FAQ.

The first post of that thread should answer all of questions. :)

We think it's worth it.

Right after I asked and came back to the main page, I saw that thread. I just didn't see it before I asked the question. Yes, that thread did indeed answer a few questions, but not whether it is worth it or not. I'm still not sure about that. Thanks!

-RedSox

Hey my fellow Red Sox fan!! Is it worth it, in a word...YES! Best deal yet, especially if you are planning on going between August 13th and September 30th, it's FREE!

What you get is a counter service meal (CS) that includes 1 CS meal w/dessert and non alcoholic beverage (or a combo meal w/dessert), 1 Table Service Meal (TS) that includes an appetizer, entree, non alcoholic beverage and dessert or a buffet dinner (this includes character dinners) and 1 snack which can consist of an ice cream bar, popcorn scoop, bottled soda or water or a fountain drink per day for each member of your party. All taxes and gratuities are included in the plan, no out of pocket cash is needed, just your card. Any adults (or children in your party with charging priviledges) can just hand over the card when paying and the CM will deduct the appropriate credits from the card and hand you back a receipt with the balance. Not everyone has to be present, you only need one card at a time, so your party can split up and still have access to the plan. The CM's will tell you what is allowed and what is not as far as snacks and desserts for the CS meals. They let me use them for coffee and chocolate milks, hot cocoa, they were really flexible. The only restriction is that if you are dining with children (when I say children I mean Disney's version, ages 3-9), they need to order off the children's menues, except the buffets. So, if there were two of you and you were staying for 7 nights then you would get on your Magic My Way Pass w/dining card 14 each of the CS, TS & Snacks to be used anytime and anywhere you wish that participates in the dining plan until midnight of the day you check out. There are a few restaurants and dinner shows that require 2 credits, you can see the entire plan on adobe at www.disneyworld.com/dineplan there you can download it and print it out if you wish, or if you want pm me your email and I will email it to you.

So that's the jest of it, it really is easier than it seems, but it's a GREAT deal. We didn't end up using all our credits and we split meals because there really is WAY too much food for us, but I am still using it in August because well because it's free and who am I to pass that up! lol

Well, enjoy and don't forget to make your ADR's (advance dining ressies) they really come in handy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter