Sorry, but here's another trip report - December 2018

Thursday
Travel day home (son-of-a-#@%&$!!!)

DME bus to the airport is scheduled for 11:40am, so at least we don’t have to rush around too much.
I still get up early to catch the last sunrise.

See an odd display in the resort hallway outside a room door - 5 single sneakers of varied sizes, all stuffed with candy. Not sure if that’s a thing I don’t know about or just a family prank?
I resist the urge to take an Oreo, maybe if it wasn’t a strange shoe???

Find out later that it is a Saint Nicholas tradition for the morning of December 6th.

We get all packed up before 9:00 and head back to our secret back-door entrance to Epcot. It’s nice that we have time to grab just a tiny bit more Magic to take home.
Plus, I’d still like to try that French bacon-cheese-bread thing.
The beauty of staying here reveals itself again.

All of our food from the French bakery is good. Nice relaxing breakfast while sitting in the streets of “France”.

After breakfast, we stop at the little observation spot by the bridge. Trying to soak in just a bit more.
(son-of-a-#@%&$!!!)

In the distance, you can see the Guardians ride building taking shape. I’ve heard people complain about the size/shape of the building and how it won’t fit in with the Epcot landscape.
I’d say it’s not that bad. It “disappears” nicely with the paint color they used.

We get back to Yacht at 10:40, nothing left to prepare - we are packed and ready. (son-of-a-#@%&$!!!)

Some random things are left in the fridge, including some beer. I grab one!

Wife and I find rocking chairs just outside the lobby by the pool and enjoy our final view.
A beer and a baguette from France, my last vacation snack. It’s 10:30am, don’t judge because I don’t care!
Would’ve tasted better if it wasn’t check-out day.
(son-of-a-#@%&$!!!)

We get out front to the DME bus about 20 minutes early, and before we barely even sit down the bus is rolling. (son-of-a-#@%&$!!!)

I take a screenshot of my countdown app (131 days at that moment) during the ride to MCO. It helps lessen the massive depression that is setting in, not really but whatever. (son-of-a-#@%&$!!!)

Our flight is delayed 2 hours because they were bringing a new crew in.
No big deal, let’s get a drink and relax. Problem is, that was not possible.
In whichever concourse this was Frontier, there was only one sit-down restaurant with a bar and it was jam-packed.
Starbucks, and the typical food-court fare - blah!
We get crappy pizza from the most dis-interested food service staff on planet earth.
And no beer.
Disney vibe is GONE here.
(son-of-a-… OK you get the idea by now)

Our flight is fine.
Disembarking at our local small airport (2 hours late) we walk through the typical gate crowd that is waiting to get on this plane that is headed back to Orlando.
They don’t look happy, and I understand.
A delayed flight TO Disney? Uh, no thanks.

Overall, another FANTASTIC TRIP that hopefully gives memories to last a lifetime for our girls.

Thursday
Travel day home (son-of-a-#@%&$!!!)

DME bus to the airport is scheduled for 11:40am, so at least we don’t have to rush around too much.
I still get up early to catch the last sunrise.

See an odd display in the resort hallway outside a room door - 5 single sneakers of varied sizes, all stuffed with candy. Not sure if that’s a thing I don’t know about or just a family prank?
I resist the urge to take an Oreo, maybe if it wasn’t a strange shoe???

Find out later that it is a Saint Nicholas tradition for the morning of December 6th.

We get all packed up before 9:00 and head back to our secret back-door entrance to Epcot. It’s nice that we have time to grab just a tiny bit more Magic to take home.
Plus, I’d still like to try that French bacon-cheese-bread thing.
The beauty of staying here reveals itself again.

All of our food from the French bakery is good. Nice relaxing breakfast while sitting in the streets of “France”.

After breakfast, we stop at the little observation spot by the bridge. Trying to soak in just a bit more.
(son-of-a-#@%&$!!!)

In the distance, you can see the Guardians ride building taking shape. I’ve heard people complain about the size/shape of the building and how it won’t fit in with the Epcot landscape.
I’d say it’s not that bad. It “disappears” nicely with the paint color they used.

We get back to Yacht at 10:40, nothing left to prepare - we are packed and ready. (son-of-a-#@%&$!!!)

Some random things are left in the fridge, including some beer. I grab one!

Wife and I find rocking chairs just outside the lobby by the pool and enjoy our final view.
A beer and a baguette from France, my last vacation snack. It’s 10:30am, don’t judge because I don’t care!
Would’ve tasted better if it wasn’t check-out day.
(son-of-a-#@%&$!!!)

We get out front to the DME bus about 20 minutes early, and before we barely even sit down the bus is rolling. (son-of-a-#@%&$!!!)

I take a screenshot of my countdown app (131 days at that moment) during the ride to MCO. It helps lessen the massive depression that is setting in, not really but whatever. (son-of-a-#@%&$!!!)

Our flight is delayed 2 hours because they were bringing a new crew in.
No big deal, let’s get a drink and relax. Problem is, that was not possible.
In whichever concourse this was Frontier, there was only one sit-down restaurant with a bar and it was jam-packed.
Starbucks, and the typical food-court fare - blah!
We get crappy pizza from the most dis-interested food service staff on planet earth.
And no beer.
Disney vibe is GONE here.
(son-of-a-… OK you get the idea by now)

Our flight is fine.
Disembarking at our local small airport (2 hours late) we walk through the typical gate crowd that is waiting to get on this plane that is headed back to Orlando.
They don’t look happy, and I understand.
A delayed flight TO Disney? Uh, no thanks.

Overall, another FANTASTIC TRIP that hopefully gives memories to last a lifetime for our girls.

Great finale! Loved it. Sums up the crappy feeling when leaving. We are driving in April so I get to have that crappy feeling the entire 15 hour two day drive (Son of a#$^&^)

Trip report OVER!
I do like doing them though, and I very much appreciate all the nice comments.

Some random observations this trip…
The wifi at French Quarter is better than it was at Riverside our last time down. Wifi at Yacht seemed incredibly fast.

If you go this time of year, pay attention to the music everywhere. Always Xmas music but in a theme that matched where you were (jazzy, african, hawaiian, modern or old-times, etc).

Three different times I saw and recognized somebody (strangers) twice in different areas. Small world, huh?
get it, small world? c’mon that’s funny

Best parent-to-child remark that I heard… “you’re not earning trust right now”. I guess we all parent differently.

Best CM line that I heard while he was pressure washing sidewalk at Yacht…
He paused so that I could get by and said - “giving away free morning showers”

We did plenty on our previous trip 6 months ago, but still missed some things then that we wanted to do this time.
Some big ones that didn’t get done last time, but got done this trip…
MK Railroad
Space Mountain
Carousel of Progress
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Toy Story Mania
Star Wars VR at the Void
We also did a bunch of smaller cool new things this time…

Still have a big list of un-dones to get accomplished on our next trip in April.
Graduating daughter is going then with her High School band, and the 3 of us are going too.
Along with another family that are very good friends.

It’s over Easter and it will be butt-crowded, but at least we won’t have the stress of “fitting it all in”.
We’ll manage. You know, trash can beers!

That trip might be the last that we use our APs. Three separate week trips, we got the value out of them for sure.

Side note…
Wife and I might try to sneak in an adult long weekend though.
Super long-shot, but why not dream?

Thanks for sharing!

What is the fast pass drop at 301 that allowed you an extra ride on flight of passage?

How did you manage to budget for all the hotel upgrades

You hit all my favorite places!

Oh, I highly advise the quick long weekend trip. Seems my wife and I enjoy those as much as the longer whole family shindigs. Quick little hello to the world just brightens the outlook on life. I am sure you have probably taken then before, but we find them busy relaxing. You do the busy part but you aren't worried about pleasing anyone other than the two of you. We totally agree on the "as many trips as you can on the AP's" as well. We only buy one AP at any time between us as the second one is kind of a waste of money. This upcoming April trip will be my wifes 6th trip on two years of her AP. Great use and great deal. Also got OKW two bedroom villa for $460 a night with the AP rate as well as a tack on one night Lion King Suite for $240. Almost had her get her AP card out and give it a kiss when I got those deals!

Excellent trip report - made me laugh a lot. You’re a good writer. Great pictures too and very helpful ideas. Thanks for putting it together.

What is the fast pass drop at 301 that allowed you an extra ride on flight of passage?

At exactly 3:01, they have been releasing new FOP fast passes for that same day.
You can grab them if you are logged in and ready to go, they get taken very quickly.

I enjoyed this very much! Thank you for taking the time to share your family’s adventures with us!!

When I read that you are the first one up and looking for coffee at 545 I thought I found my long lost brother

The picture of your family sleeping is awesome;2017 Christmas at Disney— I woke my wife at 545 am to rope drop FOP and she lost her sh*$ with me

I see you have a budding future cast member trying to get her foot in the door. Tell her to keep smiling like that and she will ace the interview. I love that tribute to all the great cast members....a door is so much nicer and better than a window!!!! Nice update, sorry your trip is coming to an end.....

I see you have a budding future cast member trying to get her foot in the door. Tell her to keep smiling like that and she will ace the interview.
She definitely wants to try to get in the Disney college program if she can once she's in college.

Great report!
Your picture quality is great- did you use a phone or camera? Do you mind me asking what kind?

Great report!
Your picture quality is great- did you use a phone or camera? Do you mind me asking what kind?

Nothing too fancy, I used my iPhone Xs Max for all of the photos.
No filters or editing afterward, maybe just an exposure tweek during some of the dawn/nightime shots.

I really enjoyed your trip report. You have a great writing style.

I was there with my daughter and grandkids about two weeks later. First time for Christmas at Disney for all of us and it was definitely something to be seen. That tree at Grand Floridian was a thing of beauty!

Enjoyed your report! And your sense of humor...you ned longer trips so I can have longer reports to read, lol.

Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter