• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sorry, a question about DVC refillable mugs

luvdzne

Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>Will run and hide i
I know this is a very touchy subject, so let me apologize in advance.;)

We are leaving in a few days for a week at OKW and then a week at Vero. I have read threads about the new refillable mugs being good at all resorts for length of stay. At least that is how I understood it, I am easily confused. My question is, does anyone know if this is true and would I be able to purchase a mug at OKW and also use it in Vero or do I have to purchase another mug?

Thanks in advance!:)

As far as I know it is good for the length of stay when you purchased it so I would say no you can't use it at Vero.

As far as I know it is good for the length of stay when you purchased it so I would say no you can't use it at Vero.

Thanks for your reply. Are they the same mug? Also, we are doing the two weeks together. So next week we will be at OKW and then heading over to Vero for another week. Still not sure if that matters.

A refillable mug is for the length of stay. You have one stay at OKW, followed by a second stay at VB. The mug can't be used for two stays.

Thank you for the replies! My next question is are the OKW ones different than the Vero Beach ones? If I have to purchase them again at Vero I am hoping that they are at least a different design.

Thank you for the replies! My next question is are the OKW ones different than the Vero Beach ones? If I have to purchase them again at Vero I am hoping that they are at least a different design.

I would think they will be different.
The ones at Disney are the Year of a Million Dreams which is the theme park promo.

I highly doubt they would carry that theme over to VB.

Just an educated guess.

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

I would think they will be different.
The ones at Disney are the Year of a Million Dreams which is the theme park promo.

I highly doubt they would carry that theme over to VB.

Just an educated guess.

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

Lately, SSR has only had the "DVC Spring 2007" refillable mugs.
I was there May 12-19 & that is all they had.
Another poster was there in late May & they still had those mugs.

I know this won't be the most popular response, but my feeling is that if a stay at a "Disney resort on-property" is followed with a "Disney resort stay at Vero" then it's all one Disney trip and you've just changed resorts. As long as the mugs are the same being sold in both places, I'd consider them usable. I wouldn't after the 2 weeks are over, but for one long disney stay, I'd use them.

we have checked into 2 resorts with no breaks inbetwen and have been told ok to use same mug
Paulh

I would go with the expectation and intention of purchasing two sets of mugs. If, when you get to Vero, the mugs are identical to what you bought at OKW (e.g. "DVC Summer 2007"), you're all set. If they're different, oh well, you planned ahead and are not overly disappointed.

JMO, in response to post # 8: a stay at a Disney resort on-site followed immediately by a stay at a different Disney resort on-site is the same Disney trip. Following the on-site stay with one at a not-on-Disney World-grounds is NOT the same trip. It's the convenient equivalent of going to a Disney resort in another state or country.

We split our stay during the first two weeks of June, 5 days at SSR and 5 days at OKW. Purchased mug at SSR. When we arrived at OKW, we went to find the mugs and when we commented on how they were the same as the ones we had at SSR, the CM's told us we could just use them again. I told them I thought they were only good for the stay and they said they were good at all resorts?!?! Maybe it's just for this year?

We split our stay during the first two weeks of June, 5 days at SSR and 5 days at OKW. Purchased mug at SSR.

That was this year, right?

Can I ask which mugs SSR had...."DVC Spring 2007" or "YOAMD"? Thanks!

We split our stay during the first two weeks of June, 5 days at SSR and 5 days at OKW. Purchased mug at SSR. When we arrived at OKW, we went to find the mugs and when we commented on how they were the same as the ones we had at SSR, the CM's told us we could just use them again. I told them I thought they were only good for the stay and they said they were good at all resorts?!?! Maybe it's just for this year?

We did a split stay in May-3 days at VB and then 3 days at SSR and the same thing occured. We bought mugs at VB and when we got to SSR we were told by CM's that we could use them at SSR. When we checked in, DN and I still had coffee in ours from our VB breakfast and the CM at SSR told us we didn't need to buy new ones. They were the DVC Spring 2007 mugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter