Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

galnar

Mouseketeer
I am wondering if any of you have a link to a primer on this game. I have encountered people playing it over the years (waving cards in front of otherwise nondescript landmarks) and I think my kids might enjoy it. I read a wiki about it but it was more about the development and character backstories rather than 'how to play.' I'm hoping the barrier to entry is low and we can have some fun doing things that don't require waiting in line. Thanks in advance!

Really not a link for you but it's very simple to start playing. The firehouse building in MK by Townhall is where you go to get your first pack of cards and then anytime you visit MK you can get another free pack of cards ( Halloween and Christmas Parties have their own special card to collect) once you have your cards in hand they take you to an area right there to show you the basics and hand you a map. At that point it's up to you to find the areas on the map and play the game. We've had to wait behind a family maybe twice the couple times we play and it only takes a minute or two between areas to battle cards

It is easy and fun, and you should give it a try. You just have to stop by the fire station on Main Street and tell them you want to sign up, and they will walk you through the whole process. Your first stop is inside the fire station, and the cast member will help you through it. At the end, they tell you where your next stop is and give you a map. When you do that stop, it gives you the next, and so on. All of the stops are on the map, marked with symbols. The stops are in order by location so you do not have to crisscross the park.

Just to add to what the PP's said, the daily card packs at the firehouse are always free. And you get as many free packs as there are members in your party, even if only one person is playing (unless that's changed?).

When you play on the easy level (which is where everyone starts unless you request otherwise), the barrier to entry is not an issue. Any cards will work against any villains. At medium and hard levels, there is some strategy as to the type of cards to use depending on who you are trying to defeat. There are primers online that explain that strategy. There's also a great group on Facebook called Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Helpers. The folks on there are always willing to help with questions about the game and they are pretty active with card trading. They also have a lot of files on how to play the game. Next time you visit the MK, just stop by the Firehouse with everyone and they can help get you signed up and give you your first packs of cards.

Awesome, thanks so much. I worry about not micro-planning everything Disney and was afraid this would be like showing up without Fastpasses lol

Awesome, thanks so much. I worry about not micro-planning everything Disney and was afraid this would be like showing up without Fastpasses lol

I never finished the first quest on easy mode because I was off doing other things that interested me more but it really doesn't take up too much time to finish at least one or two of the overall quests.

Just to add in another option your kdis might like, there is the Pirates' Adventure

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/pirates-adventures/
It's interactive and takes about 20-30 minutes for each mission. It takes you around to different spots and you'll activate certain items when you touch the magic band to the correct spot in that area. I know there was a time when you would get a FP to Pirates of the Caribbean for doing two missions, but I'm not sure if that was ever guaranteed/holds true now. But definitely have your kids give SotMK a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter