Sony Cyber-shot DSC W5

JerseyJ

Mouseketeer
Anyone have any experience w/ this camera? Considering it for our first Digital purchase for a Disney trip.

We have the DSC-W1, which appears to be the same as the W5, just last year's model.

It's a fantastic point & shoot camera and takes VGA video. We used it in August at Typhoon Lagoon and our shots came out great (we used our DSLR for the other parts of the trip). Nice and small, fits in your pocket. Huge 2.5" LCD display. I have a 512MB Memory Stick, and it fits about 190 pics at the full 5.1MP.

If you're a point & shoot only user, I recommend it. If you like to tinker around with manual settings at all, then it's a bit restrictive, although you could probably get away with the occasional long shutter speed shot (don't forget your tripod!).

Hope this helps!

JerseyJ said:
Anyone have any experience w/ this camera? Considering it for our first Digital purchase for a Disney trip.

I just purchased a digital camera, it was a toss up between the Sony DSC- W5 and the Canon Power shot A610. My previous camera was a Sony DSC-51. I went with the Canon, I think it is a better camera then the Sony. I looked at all the reviews. Besides my Sony only lasted about 4 years. The Canon A610 is on sale at Buydig.com for around $255.00 no tax, no shipping.

Just bought the Sony you mentioned at Best Buy last night. All digital cameras are on sale at Best Buy on line right now, so I printed off the page showing the camera with that price. They honored it in the store. I wanted to stick with Sony because we have another Cyber Shot at home and can use the same memory stick for both. I challenged a few sales people with lots of Q's and the Sony seemed like the best choice in what I was looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter