Sometimes you just need to run away to your happy place ~ A March break solo trip! Complete 06/29!

Upon arriving in France, I knew I had to try the La Vie en Rose cocktail at Fleur de Lys. It is a combination of Grey Goose orange vodka, St. Germain Liquer, white and red cranberry juice. Besides, pink drinks are always the most delicious!
IMG_4066.JPG
Yum!

I stopped into MouseGears on the way out to treat myself to a new darling......
IMG_4083.JPG
I love it!

I thought it was really a delightful show, especially Miguel!
I know I will probably get a lot of hate, but I think that puppet is creepy!!!!

I stopped into MouseGears on the way out to treat myself to a new darling......
IMG_4083.JPG

I am so in love with it although colour transfer can be an issue with the light bags and you really do have to baby them.
I absolutely love this bag!!!!!

Ooh the afternoon tea at Rose and Crown sounds great! Might have to look into this for my next trip.

Yay on bumping into Eeyore who was character training.

That pink drink looks lovely and matches your outfit perfectly!

Also great purchase of the bag :thumbsup2

First and foremost HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope its an amazing day 🎂🎂🎂

First though, let's just admire the beauty of an early Epcot morning. :goodvibes
IMG_4035.JPG
Great picture. It really is pretty. I can't want to see what they do with it now that they tombs are almost out of the way.

IMG_4045.JPG

This was an utterly exquisite experience and a true Disney bargain at $30/person. I believe it is offered on Fridays and Saturdays and I cannot recommend it highly enough. I said goodbye to my lovely tablemate and ventured out to enjoy the tea gardens. A perfect ending to my fabulous morning!
What a perfect morning experience!!!! And a steal at $30.

IMG_4051.JPG

Telling Eyeore how happy I am to see him and how much I love him!
So fun when you run into characters here. I'm always looking, but we haven't come upon too many.

I had to stop for a photo with my drink as it is not everyday that your drink matches your outfit, lol!
IMG_4084.JPG
Gorgeous!!!! Hope the drink was good.

Last edited:
as I had booked the Tea Experience at the Rose and Crown.

Ooh, i'm excited to read about this!

This was an utterly exquisite experience and a true Disney bargain at $30/person. I believe it is offered on Fridays and Saturdays and I cannot recommend it highly enough. I said goodbye to my lovely tablemate and ventured out to enjoy the tea gardens. A perfect ending to my fabulous morning!

The whole experience sounded really nice! I love that you had a good tablemate, that would make all the difference. The scones and jam/cream looked delicious!!

I noticed a flash of gray to my left and was thrilled to see Eyeore out for character training.

Ahh!! Yay, Eeyore is wonderful

This is so cute!! Your outfit looks like Daisy, were you Disbounding? Or am I seeing things? LOL!

I thought it was really a delightful show, especially Miguel!
IMG_4064.JPG

I wish they would extend this beyond the festival. I was sad to miss it. I think it looks so cool

Perfect!

I was Disneybounding again today...... any guesses as to who I was???

Haha, I guess that answers my first question about disbounding!! Are you Daisy like I guessed??

This sounds like such a pleasant, wonderful morning!!

How fun to catch Eeyore for character training!

I completely agree about pink drinks: they are the tastiest color.

Color palette looks like Daisy in her classic outfit, perhaps?
Thanks! Yes, I've had good luck catching characters out for training at Epcot. And Eyeore was just the best!
Yum!

I love it!
Thank you! :)
I know I will probably get a lot of hate, but I think that puppet is creepy!!!!

I absolutely love this bag!!!!!
Marionettes can be creepy for sure but when you see the show it is not too bad. I love this bag too, I was so happy with my placement as well. I have the fab five well represented as well as several Chip and Dale butterflies and Cheshire Cat. I was really happy.
I love your Dooney, it is lovely

I’m guessing Daisy, your outfit is very cute!

I tried the slushy in France for the first time and I loved it!
Thanks Caroline! I am so obsessed with those bags. I really love the new cat one that just came out too. That slushy is awesome and not too sweet.
This photo is great! Eeyore's pose is too cute.

Ahhh, I love this! I need to make time to see it someday!

I bet everyone that is saying Daisy is correct, but for some reason my mind went to Dumbo haha! But Dumbo would be more of a grey dress
Isn't Eyeore just the best?? This seriously made my day!
Ooh the afternoon tea at Rose and Crown sounds great! Might have to look into this for my next trip.

Yay on bumping into Eeyore who was character training.

That pink drink looks lovely and matches your outfit perfectly!

Also great purchase of the bag :thumbsup2
Thank you Taz! The tea is an early morning tea but so good and totally worth it. I loved it! I admit I am bit obsessed with Disney Dooney Bags, lol!
First and foremost HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope its an amazing day 🎂🎂🎂

Great picture. It really is pretty. I can't want to see what they do with it now that they tombs are almost out of the way.

What a perfect morning experience!!!! And a steal at $30.

So fun when you run into characters here. I'm always looking, but we haven't come upon too many.

Gorgeous!!!! Hope the drink was good.
Thanks Kari! I had a great day, especially with going to see Toy Story 4, which was awesome. :) I am so excited for the new Epcot entrance, it is going to be really lovely. The R&C tea experience was so fun. I've come across Big Al and now Eyeore. I find they are either along the wall near Italy or between the UK and Canada. I did enjoy that drink as I wasn't too sweet. I think the cranberry juice makes it.
Ooh, i'm excited to read about this!

The whole experience sounded really nice! I love that you had a good tablemate, that would make all the difference. The scones and jam/cream looked delicious!!

Ahh!! Yay, Eeyore is wonderful

This is so cute!! Your outfit looks like Daisy, were you Disbounding? Or am I seeing things? LOL!

I wish they would extend this beyond the festival. I was sad to miss it. I think it looks so cool

Perfect!

Haha, I guess that answers my first question about disbounding!! Are you Daisy like I guessed??

This sounds like such a pleasant, wonderful morning!!
It was so much fun, Samantha! I was a little nervous going in as I didn't know who I would be paired with but we got along so well. That being said, I am definitely on the chatty side, lol! I didn't relaize they weren't keeping the Coco show beyond F&G. It really is sweet. :) It was a lovely morning!
Loving your solo trip, makes me want to do one someday!

You Disneybounding outfits have all been so cute!
Aww thanks, Lessa and :welcome: . It is so nice to have you joining in! I do love my solo trips, it will be different next week to have my husband in tow. But I am looking forward to celebrating our anniversary in my happiest of happy places!:goodvibes

So my intention with that dress had been Rapunzel but I guess I need more pink and maybe a floral headband and braided hair. I hadn't thought about Daisy but love that she is who came to mind for everyone. Can I now say that's what I intended all along???

Last edited:
The tea experience sounds lovely! My husband is a newfound tea lover and saw this happening when we were at Epcot. At the time, I couldn't give him many details about it, but now I will have to fill him in and let him know that it was a worthwhile experience!

Beautiful bag! I agree, light colored Dooney's take some upkeep but that one will be worth the effort.

The tea experience sounds lovely! My husband is a newfound tea lover and saw this happening when we were at Epcot. At the time, I couldn't give him many details about it, but now I will have to fill him in and let him know that it was a worthwhile experience!

Beautiful bag! I agree, light colored Dooney's take some upkeep but that one will be worth the effort.
Oh my gosh, you guys are back! How was your trip? I can't wait to hear all about it!! Yes, the tea experience is great and something I think you would both enjoy. I do love that bag so much, it's so pretty and fun!
Love the pics with Eeyore and with your frozen drink :)
Aww, thanks Alexis!
Love your outfit!

I definitely think Miguel must have not come out the day I watched, what a bummer!
Thanks Cloe! That is so weird because I was at the 1:00 show the same day you were there. It seems strange he would be out for one show but not the other. :confused3

Oh my gosh, you guys are back! How was your trip? I can't wait to hear all about it!! Yes, the tea experience is great and something I think you would both enjoy. I do love that bag so much, it's so pretty and fun!
Aww, thanks Alexis!
Thanks Cloe! That is so weird because I was at the 1:00 show the same day you were there. It seems strange he would be out for one show but not the other. :confused3

I was at the 4 o clock show! Maybe Miguel called in sick my day haha

It was time for the Coco show and I was quick to get a spot at the front. I was a little worried due to reports of crazy crowds the week before along with some very unruly behaviour. However, it all went smoothly. I thought it was really a delightful show, especially Miguel!
I don't think I even knew there was a Coco show. Looks good. I like the music in Coco, so I would probably enjoy this. I does look a bit crowded in the picture though.

I don't think I even knew there was a Coco show. Looks good. I like the music in Coco, so I would probably enjoy this. I does look a bit crowded in the picture though.
It definitely gets crowded quickly but is a super cute show. I am not sure if it will be a permanent attraction or if it was just an addition for the F&G festival.

Food totals and final thoughts

Of course, when staying offsite a Disney Dining Plan was not an option and I usually prefer to pay OOP anyways. I had a budget of $300 USD (
what the DDP would have cost for a 5day/4 night trip). Here's how it went down....

Captain Cooks ~ $9.90
Skipper's Canteen ~ $35.58
Woody's Lunchbox ~ $9.59
Flower and Garden Festival Kitchens ~ $25.45
Aloha Isle ~ $7.45
Via Napoli ~ $42.00
Storybook Treats ~ $6.38
Cosmic Ray's ~ $7.98
Eight Spoon Cafe ~ $4.79
Nomad Lounge ~ $34.62
Creature Comforts ~ $4.79
Tambu Lounge ~ $19.17
Rose and Crown tea experience ~ $30.00
Fleur de Lys ~ $10.75

Total ~ $248.85

Whether I am onsite or not, I would always choose to forgo the Disney Dining Plan as I prefer the flexibility of ordering what I want and eating at the lounges. I always come out ahead financialy too, which is a nice little bonus as well. I get the nice all inclusive, pre-paid feel by using Disney gift cards for all my food and beverages. :) As to the hotel, it was fine for a short trip but I would not choose to stay offsite again. I really am a Disney bubble girl, lol!

Soon I was heading to the airport where I had the distinct pleasure of a delayed flight, almost three hours sitting on the runway, getting stranded at LaGuardia, fighting with Delta over a hotel voucher, another delayed flight to Buffalo the next morning and finally making it home at 6 pm on Saturday. Note to self...... no connecting flights in the winter!! It was worth it though and I had an absolutely wonderful time. Thank you for reading along and commenting, it has been so fun to share my trip with all of you!
See ya real soon!

Thanks for the enjoyable report, as always!

We never do the DDP and always come out ahead! I buy GC’s and use them for everything, I save with GC’s as well, buying only at Target, BJ’s, or Sam’s for a 3-5% discount!

Have a wonderful Anniversary trip!!

Soon I was heading to the airport where I had the distinct pleasure of a delayed flight, almost three hours sitting on the runway, getting stranded at LaGuardia, fighting with Delta over a hotel voucher, another delayed flight to Buffalo the next morning and finally making it home at 6 pm on Saturday. Note to self...... no connecting flights in the winter!!

Oh my goodness! What a harsh return to the real world.

Thanks so much for sharing your trip. It's been a pleasure following along.

Sorry to hear your trip home was so difficult, but score on the food prices!!!! I need to take a page from your book. Your entire trip cost as much as some of our signature dinners 😱

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!