Sometimes you just need to run away to your happy place ~ A March break solo trip! Complete 06/29!

If you didn't take a People Mover picture, did you really ride the People Mover????
I completely forgot to take one on my trip! I was so looking forward to having a Peoplemover picture in my TR, and then I went and forgot :sad1:

Those Spring Break crowds are no joke! Seems like you still managed to get a lot done though!

Your lunch at Via Napoli looked YUM. I wish I was eating pizza from there right now!

Coming out of lurkdom to tell you how much fun your trip looks! That pizza is right up my alley. I’ve never wanted to try Via Napoli, but now...just maybe! And your Merida bounding was great! Can’t wait to read more!

Sounds like a great night at MK! Love that last shot of the castle!
Thanks Alexis! It was so much fun even if it was busy. I love that last shot too, I think I may print it out and frame it. :)

I completely forgot to take one on my trip! I was so looking forward to having a Peoplemover picture in my TR, and then I went and forgot :sad1:
This is a perfect reason for you to book a solo trip so you can get your People Mover pic!!

Those Spring Break crowds are no joke! Seems like you still managed to get a lot done though!

Your lunch at Via Napoli looked YUM. I wish I was eating pizza from there right now!
I know, it was SO crowded! I am not one to fuss over getting on all the big rides so I was able to enjoy myself in the busyness. Plus it is much easier to manouver through the crowds as one person rather than a big group. That lunch at Via Napoli was to die for!! I wish I had that pizza right now too!

Coming out of lurkdom to tell you how much fun your trip looks! That pizza is right up my alley. I’ve never wanted to try Via Napoli, but now...just maybe! And your Merida bounding was great! Can’t wait to read more!
:welcome:, thanks for joining in! It was such a fun trip, exactly what I needed! The pizza is at Via Napoli is amazing, I am so glad I tried it. I would highly recommend it. :) Thanks for the sweet compliment on my Merida bound, Disneybounding is so much fun! :)

Hey Susan, I'm back and will now try to catch up on everyone's reports!

I started with a glass of an excellent white sangria (channeling @ariane37 )
Ah yes, excellent sangria. One of the few places in Disney that does not use the basic Beso del Sol sangria. Beso del Sol is fine but I get tired of it and it's just basic tasting. I like sangria where a certain fruity flavor will stand out :goodvibes

I wanted to watch HEA from the bridge to Adventureland
Ooh never thought of this spot! Our favorite right now is the bridge by BOG/7DMT

Plus I thought it would be fun to focus solely on the fireworks rather than the projections
And this is why we watch from where we do lol, none of us are fans of the projections. I did notice just last Thursday that watching from Tomorrowland, as you approach the SM entrance is a great spot, too, but now I have to try your Adventureland bridge :thumbsup2

Hey Susan, I'm back and will now try to catch up on everyone's reports!
Glad to hear you are back home safely and can't wait to hear ALL about it!!

And this is why we watch from where we do lol, none of us are fans of the projections. I did notice just last Thursday that watching from Tomorrowland, as you approach the SM entrance is a great spot, too, but now I have to try your Adventureland bridge :thumbsup2
And I have to try that area in Tomorrowland! While I do like watching from the hub, getting out of that crowd can be a little intense.

Just catching up, love the Merida outfit. But the crazy lines that early in the morning, no thank you!

The Tinkerbell magic shot is awesome, that's the first time I've seen it.

Can't wait to try the Peter Pan Float.

Just catching up, love the Merida outfit. But the crazy lines that early in the morning, no thank you!

The Tinkerbell magic shot is awesome, that's the first time I've seen it.

Can't wait to try the Peter Pan Float.
Thank you so much! Disneybounding is so fun to do! Those lines were crazy at Magic Kingdom....I hadn't traveled during March Break for three years so I forgot how bad it can be. I loved the Tinkerbell shot too. I hope you like the Peter Pan float, I found it really refreshing! :)

Disappointing to hear Haunted Mansion didn't work out for you this evening, even during EMH, but it sounds like you didn't let it stop you from having plenty of other Magic Kingdom fun. That Peter Pan float looks delicious and something I'm hoping to try on my trip. I imagine it's very refreshing on a hot day/night.

Looks like you had a wonderful night in MK despite the crowds. I've yet to try the Peter Pan float and sadly forgot about it last weekend too. Loving your People Mover shot. Still remember meeting there for the first time :lovestruc

Disappointing to hear Haunted Mansion didn't work out for you this evening, even during EMH, but it sounds like you didn't let it stop you from having plenty of other Magic Kingdom fun. That Peter Pan float looks delicious and something I'm hoping to try on my trip. I imagine it's very refreshing on a hot day/night.
I was a little sad about HM but kept busy with other favourites and enjoyed the evening. I am just not used to spring break crowds any more! I think you will like the Peter Pan float, the lime sherbert is nice and tart and goes well with the sprite.

Looks like you had a wonderful night in MK despite the crowds. I've yet to try the Peter Pan float and sadly forgot about it last weekend too. Loving your People Mover shot. Still remember meeting there for the first time :lovestruc
It was a great night, thanks Kari! I think you were probably enjoying so many other fun beverages last weekend, the Peter Pan float just didn't make it to the top of the list. :laughing: You were my very first Dismeet!! So glad to have met you and your beautiful family twice now. One day we will get to sit down with drinks in hand and have a great chat. :drinking1 :hug:

I'm just not meant to ride Expedition Everest.

I arrived around 9:30 for a fun filled day at Animal Kingdom. One of my favourite things about having an AP is the dedicated AP entrance at many of the parks. It's such a timesaver on a busy day! Soon I was standing in front of the gorgeous Tree of Life, basking in the sunshine.
IMG_3911.JPG IMG_3912.JPG
I was hoping to see Kevin and walked towards the right of the tree, thinking I might be able to glimpse her. Sure enough, she appeared and Russel and Dug were right behind! This was just so fun to see!
IMG_3917.JPG
While I didn't have a FP for Everest, I thought I'd give the single rider line a try. I love EE and didn't get a chance to experience the full ride last summer, after it broke down when we were up by the Yeti. The line was moving along nicely at first and then stopped still. Sure enough, there was an announcement that the ride had broken down and they weren't sure when it would be back up again. Oh well, at least I wasn't stuck 17 stories up for 45 minutes this time! I exited the line and decided to head over to DinoLand and pay a visit to my beloved chipmunks. As I was waiting in line, I noticed this Hidden Mickey the CM had created. I love these little touches!
IMG_3921.JPG
Soon it was my turn to visit with the boys and it was another hilarious interaction! Could they be any cuter in their dinosaur outfits?
IMG_4236.JPG
I thought I'd pay a visit to Daisy as well and we had a very nice time admiring each other's outfits and discussing the importance of accessories, lol!
IMG_4234.JPG

Next up was a visit with Launchpad McQuack. He was quite indignant when I asked him is Donald was a better pilot than he was.
IMG_4235.JPG
I was beginning to feel a bit hungry so decided to head over to Eight Spoon cafe and try their mac'n'cheese that I had heard so much about. It was yummy although maybe not quite as creamy as I would have liked. It held me over though and was a great little snack.
IMG_3922.JPG
I had heard a lot about the Maharajah jungle trek over the years but had never made time to explore it. I decided this would be a perfect opportunity to do so and made my way over. I absolutely loved this trail, it was so peaceful and quiet. The landscaping was beautiful and lush, it just transported you to a whole different world.
IMG_3926.JPG
After thoroughly enjoying the trail, I had one more M&G on my mind before my FPs and lunch. I headed over to see my pals Russel and Dug and was the second person in line. Yay! I only waited about 20 minutes and we soon had a great chat about exploring the wilderness, making brave choices and looking after your friends. It was so fun!
IMG_3934.JPG
Next up is a fun afternoon of FPs and the most delicious lunch at Nomad Lounge!

Man, you sure do not have good luck with Everest. Its like the Yeti just doesn't want you to ride or something :-)

That Mac and Cheese looks pretty decent. I don't think I've ever seen that before. AK has such good food I certainly don't feel like I snack as much as I would like to.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the trail. I like the tiger one (can never recall the real name) much more than Gorilla falls. Its a great place to just wander and get lost for a while.

I would be so scared stuck on Everest, Andi loves that ride and I get way to anxious in it. I’m sorry you didn’t get a ride in, I’m glad you weren’t stuck on it again!

Dinoland is so much better with the new Donald party and the meet and greets!

I don’t know what it is about Kevin, Dugg, and Russell but they sure make me feel giddy and like a kid every time I see them!!

Bummer about EE but all of the character pics are great!
Thanks! EE and I are just not meant to be right now. We'll see if my luck changes this summer. I loved all my M&G!

Man, you sure do not have good luck with Everest. Its like the Yeti just doesn't want you to ride or something :-)

That Mac and Cheese looks pretty decent. I don't think I've ever seen that before. AK has such good food I certainly don't feel like I snack as much as I would like to.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the trail. I like the tiger one (can never recall the real name) much more than Gorilla falls. Its a great place to just wander and get lost for a while.
The Yeti and I are not on good terms at the moment, LOL! Maybe my luck will change in July. The Mac'n'cheese also comes with pulled pork on top or spicy shrimp. I am not a fan of shrimp and was full up on pulled pork after devouring the nachos at Captain Cooks. The tiger trail (Maharajah Jungle trek) was the one I was on. I liked it much better than the gorilla trail too. It is very peaceful back there!

I would be so scared stuck on Everest, Andi loves that ride and I get way to anxious in it. I’m sorry you didn’t get a ride in, I’m glad you weren’t stuck on it again!

Dinoland is so much better with the new Donald party and the meet and greets!

I don’t know what it is about Kevin, Dugg, and Russell but they sure make me feel giddy and like a kid every time I see them!!
I don't know if I will get Bill on it in July, he is generally not a fan of EE. I am glad I wasn't stuck on there again either! I just love the new M&G in Dinoland. Just so cute!! I feel the exact same way about Russel, Dug and Kevin. I was basically following Kevin around the park, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!