Sometimes I hate my body (pathetic whining)

Rajah

DIS Veteran
(If you don't want to hear whining, hit back now. I'm just feeling sorry for myself, don't mind me)

Looks like it's going to be either another no-choice food night, me go out to the store at 10pm, or skip dinner night.

I am so SICKSICKSICKSICKSICK of not being able to eat food without getting some sort of stomach ache or heartburn or throat ache or mouth hurting... It's not a matter of "just avoid this". There's so many things that make me sick that it's more a matter of "how do I want to not feel well tonight?" And yes, I'm seeing several different doctors for several different things and none are really helping. Which makes me wonder why I'm going to the doctors in the first place. :rolleyes:

I went to lunch today and got some Chinese food at the mall. Apparently, they used MSG -- I forgot to check, stupid me.

So I came home sick about 3:30 with bad stomach cramps because of the seasoning on the Chinese food. I still have a little of it, but it's mostly gone away.

I ask DH to pick up some chicken soup for me. Last time I asked him to do that, he got the chunky-style chicken soup. That's what I wanted. Tonight he came home with regular style, full salt. I can't eat the regular (add water) full salt because it's too salty. If he'd brought home the regular (add water) low sodium or healthy choice, I could eat it. But this stuff... I might as well open the salt shaker and pour it right on my tongue. I've *never* purchased the regular full-salt *except* when Sage was sick. I always get either the chunky style or the low-sodium.

I don't have any other options of things to eat at home because I was *going* to go by the store tonight myself and stock the pantry, but I got sick.

So now I'm looking at a dinner of crackers. Can't even have the cheese that goes with the crackers.

I really, really hate this. :( :mad: :(

Originally posted by browneyes
:( Can you eat grilled cheese sandwiches?

Nope. Lactose intolerant. Can't have the cheese except once in a while. On a good day, I can get away with 2 slices of cheese through the day. Today isn't a good day, so that's not an option. Otherwise it would be cheese and crackers tonight.

Plus, you need bread for a sandwich of any type. Bread is one of the things we're out of because neither of us eat that much of it :rolleyes:

What do you have on hand that you can eat that won't make you sick? I'm sure there's something to put in the soup to make it less salty tasting. Heck, pour out most of the broth and make it watery.

Maybe you have colitus (sp?). I have a sensitive tummy, too. Can't eat spicy/hot stuff/greasy stuff or it sets my tummy off.

I can somewhat relate. Today a few friends at work talked me into going to a pizza restaurant. This particular chain has always bothered me a lot and I should have known better. Well, I'm still up. :(

Greasy foods bother me the most even though sometimes everything seems to be irritating.

So how are you feeling this morning? I can relate... I have IBS and GERD, and I'm lactose intolerant. Makes eating just about anything FUN! Hugs for you!!!
-MrsAPalm

oooooh, I can feel your pain! :( I have had stomach "issues" all my life. Have gone through the upper & lower GI series a couple of times. Just recently my Dr. sent me in for tests and they detected reflux. I have been on Prilosec (the little purple pill) for a couple of months now. Knock on wood, but I am MUCH better!

I still have to watch what I eat....especially dairy & certain types of meat (prime rib - you know, the good stuff!) I also drink A LOT of water to...keep things moving, so to speak.

Good luck to you...hope you will feel better soon!

Jill

That's one of the doctors I'm going to, a kid. And he hasn't been successful in anything but telling me "if it gives you a stomach ache, don't eat it". Well, *duh*. but when that cuts out so many choices leaving me with very little left to eat, what choice do I have?

The best he's been able to do is put me on aciphex. :( Which helps a little, but not entirely.

MrsAPalm -- I'm doing a little better today, but still have a stomach ache (what else is new. Sigh.). Gonna have to be extra careful with what I eat today. :(

Tammi, sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you'll consider finding a new doctor as yours doesn't sound terribly helpful. I hope you feel better soon!

heya..I dont post often..and no flames pls

*not an expert speaking*

but a lot of what you listed has carbs and chemicals in it...and I know I had some stomach issues with them as well.

you *might* want to look into a low carb diet for the health benifits it might provide for your body. Dr. atkins new book has a lot of information and I am sure you can easily do a search on the atkins diet or low carb eating. I have had success and look forward to this way of life and health.

just a thought and a point in a directions and as always , consult with your doctors in anything that effects your health

Best of luck to you...tummy pain is no fun :(

*edited - this is loki's wife - sorry didnt realize he was logged in instead of me :)*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter