something weird happened to my balance last night....

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
I was looking at what I owed, etc. yesterday and I remembered the amount. This morning I had a confirmation email from DCL that was sent at about 4:30 this morning. My balance went down $52! Unless I am making payments in my sleep, I am guessing taxes or port fees went down or something? PIF is in late April. Is this a common thing?

This seems to be common or at least not uncommon. It has happened for each of our 5 cruises. The amount varies from cruise to cruise, I am guessing based on which ports are involved.

SW

Port taxes and fees dropped. Happens all the time. They would rather overestimate upfront and refund than underestimate and lose money or make people angry by raising the balance.

I am also on that unique sailing. I was wondering why my number wasn't a "round one" anymore when I went to make a payment. Thanks for the notice. I am actually here scouring for info. Forst time on Fantasy, and trying to figure how things go 3 nights vs their 7 night rotation.

I am also on that unique sailing. I was wondering why my number wasn't a "round one" anymore when I went to make a payment. Thanks for the notice. I am actually here scouring for info. Forst time on Fantasy, and trying to figure how things go 3 nights vs their 7 night rotation.

MDRs you will only get the rotational menu - no pirate night menu or anything else.

Shows...odds are they will do it like the Dream 3-night where each night is a different production show - no specialty acts.

Its the difference in port fees from Tortola to St. Maarten.

Its the difference in port fees from Tortola to St. Maarten.

Even without a change in port, there are often decreases in port fees and taxes. They overestimate early on and then refund the difference once they are finalized. It has happened on every DCL cruise I've taken. And none of them have had itinerary changes.

We aren't stopping at either of these, and still had a decrease.

See my post above. They overestimate the taxes and port fees because they would rather refund the difference than have to ask for more or eat the cost if they were higher. On pretty much ALL itineraries. It has nothing to do with a change in ports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter