Something About Nothing............ #14

Enjoy that salon time too Lynne.......and yes, Magical Dining for some places works well. I know the floor manager at Ocean Prime isn’t a fan of It. Some places really don’t need that promotion.

Starting to think about making dinner now......and tried not to nibble on too much shortbread this afternoon :rolleyes1

Way behind again! Happy Canada Day to everyone! 🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦 Sadly it’s a dull rainy one here. And different from other years of course with Covid. Everything canceled here in my province, British Columbia. And my town also has Golden Spike Days around Canada Day, celebrating when the railway came in and we were the western terminus for the railway. Canceled too. There usually is lots going on down at the inlet. Bands, boat tours, beer garden, children’s activities and fireworks Celebrating both Canada Day and Golden Spike Days. And the very popular Firemans Pancake breakfast at the firehall. We look forward to going every year. It’s so well supported by the community.

We have been invited by our friends who we get our eggs from for a lunch bbq. Small get together outside, they have a large covered deck, will be needed today. Brother-in-law coming too.

Yesterday was sad. I canceled my Aug flights To MCO. Just made it so final. Will have to think of something else local for August. Maybe drive up to Whistler for a few days. It’s only a 2 hr drive. Very scenic too.

But on an up note I booked PBH for my late Nov/Dec trip. Fingers crossed that travel opens up by then and I can go.

Will pop back tonight to try and catch up.

Last edited:
Hi Sue, sorry to hear you had to cancel your August trip. Seems the right thing to do, though. And drive sounds nice to do instead.
It will be Fall before ya know it, so woot! Late November, early December trip. Sad about no events, but understandably so. Enjoy that lunch, nice to be invited and family coming. We have had a sunny and hot day, so far, so sending some sunny warmth your way.

Long day, bright spot was bucket of KFC chicken :)

ENT put me on surgical schedule for the 20th, having a couple of different procedures at the same time, will be admitted for a night. Telling myself, it’s a good thing, smile & be thankful. By tomorrow I may just buy into it :)

He ‘might’ release me for air travel by 8/7 so keeping it on the books for now, will revisit it all a week out, considering FLs & SC’s numbers may be porchville

Robbie & Lynn - happy hair days:). That should be a thing

@keishashadow I literally just received an email for both flights to and from Orlando in September

We usually do an evening flight on the way home and we did but our arrival home was 23:15 now it’s 22:00 and we leave at 18:35 instead of 18:25

I’m good with it!!!!!

Just hope this stuff doesn’t go out of control and...........well I just don’t want to speak of it everyone knows what I’m talking about.
I got yet another one after 10PM last night for our Oct portion. Again, tried to stuff us on a connecting flight. Quickly switched it up via the email now on earlier NS in afternoon.

Lynne - sounds like you got stuffed initially on a connection fight. Hoping this is becoming the new SWA, rebook to connecting fights and by the time you do try to change them, all the other NS are booked
Keisha, did you find the info on chalupas?
This time I remembered to have them hold the sour cream on my order.
Their sour cream is not to my taste.
Don’t think i’ve Had theirs but Wendys (for chili & baked taters) has A strange, watery consistency
Filled up the tank today.
Last time I got gas was March 6.
That’s 6 days shy of 4 months I have gone on a tank of gas.
But, I have not been out of the house much
That’s funny, lucky your battery wasn’t dead
Yes, I haven`t found anything remotely like real butter shortbread in America....I can bring pre packaged, but nothing like home made for that!
It doesn’t exist. Best i’ve Found is made by Keebler elves or girl scout trefoil cookie
My description of that tea makes it sound not very nice.....but it is....I think :confused3.......it`s more smoky and citrusy and quite a light tea. There are some who descibe it as the platinum of teas. It`s nice but wouldn`t go that far. I don`t drink it every week, or even every month, but now and again. It`s quite piney in flavour but it`s a scent more than overpowering. Some say they taste paprika and whisky??? I never have.....maybe my tastes are dulled by wine.....lol.....
Sounds like a fancy wine’s description to me. I was never a fan of green tea until I tried the pod in Universal hotels. Most far too weak for me unless in a chinese restaurant
Watched Dr Fauci speak last night. Have to say he didn`t instill a lot of confidence with his words about how he thought this was going to develop. i like that guy though, he certainly seems to know what he`s talking about. I think we need to have a chat about this September trip soon.
I find him calming and definitely respect what he says as to tone & strive to follow his advice. Reminds me of an old stockbroker commercial

[
They finally changed out the power grids in our neighborhood a few months ago. My neighbor to left of us and our house share one grid (power box) not sure why and the rest of the houses in the neighborhood share a grid.
We still have that sort of set up in my neighborhood. Frustrating to see folks a block away with power when we are literally in the dark.
if they do it this year, magical eating with 35 dollar full meal at many good restaurants. I did the meal at the restaurant in SF, and it was delicious and would definitely eat there again, with a special, even better.
My only issue with the magical dining is that some of the venues cut back on regular menu last few years.
We have been invited by our friends who we get our eggs from for a lunch bbq. Small get together outside, they have a large covered deck, will be needed today. Brother-in-law coming too.

Yesterday was sad. I canceled my Aug flights To MCO. Just made it so final. Will have to think of something else local for August. Maybe drive up to Whistler for a few days. It’s only a 2 hr drive. Very scenic too.

But on an up note I booked PBH for my late Nov/Dec trip. Fingers crossed that travel opens up by then and I can go.
Aw, sorry to read. Fingers crossed your winter trip is a ‘go’! That BBQ sounds like just the think you need.

Family asked what am I doing for 4th of July. Code = what time do we come to eat?

Long day, bright spot was bucket of KFC chicken :)

ENT put me on surgical schedule for the 20th, having a couple of different procedures at the same time, will be admitted for a night. Telling myself, it’s a good thing, smile & be thankful. By tomorrow I may just buy into it :)

He ‘might’ release me for air travel by 8/7 so keeping it on the books for now, will revisit it all a week out, considering FLs & SC’s numbers may be porchville

Robbie & Lynn - happy hair days:). That should be a thing

I got yet another one after 10PM last night for our Oct portion. Again, tried to stuff us on a connecting flight. Quickly switched it up via the email now on earlier NS in afternoon.

Lynne - sounds like you got stuffed initially on a connection fight. Hoping this is becoming the new SWA, rebook to connecting fights and by the time you do try to change them, all the other NS are booked

Don’t think i’ve Had theirs but Wendys (for chili & baked taters) has A strange, watery consistency

That’s funny, lucky your battery wasn’t dead

It doesn’t exist. Best i’ve Found is made by Keebler elves or girl scout trefoil cookie

Sounds like a fancy wine’s description to me. I was never a fan of green tea until I tried the pod in Universal hotels. Most far too weak for me unless in a chinese restaurant

I find him calming and definitely respect what he says as to tone & strive to follow his advice. Reminds me of an old stockbroker commercial

[

We still have that sort of set up in my neighborhood. Frustrating to see folks a block away with power when we are literally in the dark.

My only issue with the magical dining is that some of the venues cut back on regular menu last few years.

Aw, sorry to read. Fingers crossed your winter trip is a ‘go’! That BBQ sounds like just the think you need.

Family asked what am I doing for 4th of July. Code = what time do we come to eat?

Yep, like the commercial!

He is very calming and I`d bet he`d have a lovely manner if he were your own doctor....I like him.

Absolutely, positive thinking all the way......and yes, keep the booking just in case.

We decided last year to avoid Magical Dining for the nicer restaurants. It`s just too busy certainly at Ocean Prime we felt the service suffered. There`s very few places we would opt to have the MD menu, we prefer the regular menu`s usually.

KFC! I can`t even remember the last time I had one of those......Boneless bucket for us....never had it in the States....it`s got to be better over there.....

Not a fan of green tea, but Chinese restaurants do a scented China tea we always enjoy....it doesn`t have a name as such but I wish we could buy it in stores, it really is lovely. tea, I`m not so good at describing .....wine, I could talk for hours about them....lol.....

Love the code for when do we come over......lol......

Almost bedtime here.......rewatching the Blacklist from the beginning. I used to detest watching James Spader till I saw him in this......loved him immediately. And I forget half the stories, so it`s like brand new.

Tomorrow is grocery pick up again.......so far my order is showing as complete, no omissions.

It`s still raining here....think it`s easing off slightly though. Have to say our grass has never looked greener for a long time with all the rain we`ve had this past month, and more to come next week I believe.

But.....we have a lot to be thankful for......we keep telling ourselves that......::yes::

Pizza night or other, too hot to cook dinner, Charade. Though kids want pasta with meatballs. Easy, so I am cooking. Eh. Sweet got a new Mac though. Ours is a bit old, but kids like to play online with it, as big screen.

I'm back. Nothing much to talk about today. We are thinking about starting to plan our Disney vacation for March. Hopefully we will be back to some sense of normalcy by then.

Somebody told me if u have the Taco Bell app, a $5 chalupa box was free today. Will I loose my street cred if I admit I have no idea exactly what that is?
I vaguely remember a "drop the chalupa" ad from several years ago.

Filled up the tank today.
Last time I got gas was March 6.
That’s 6 days shy of 4 months I have gone on a tank of gas.
But, I have not been out of the house much
Wow, I wish I could say that. I just filled up again last Thursday.

Oh thank goodness we don`t ever need regular pest controllers......we see maybe three or four spiders a year if we`re unlucky......usually regular size, but there`s always that one huge one that has no fear!!!! But, we don`t get the pests that you guys get over there.
Now I'm really jealous. I absolutely hate bugs. Out worst problem was ants.

The triangle shape shortbread is known as Petticoat Tails in Scotland....nice and soft, but still a bite. It is a little darker round the edges, that`s one of Tom`s favourite parts as he said it tastes almost caramel like......

Whatever it is, they really are delicious.......so soft and buttery!!!! Very buttery. I make these when we have friends over for afternoon tea too, I just make them a little daintier, more like bites.
Those look really good.

I can’t believe she actually thought she was not going to get caught. It will be a nightmare when she realizes if she gets booted that she will not be accepted by any other reputable University. So sad.
Dh heard today that she has filed an appeal. Good luck with that. She also asked him if there was anything she could do to pass the class. :rotfl2:

Have hair appointment this morning. Will be nice to get my gray streak covered.......I keep saying I’am going to just go gray.....then I change my mind.
I thought about using the quarantine to let my gray grow out, but then I chickened out.

What a bummer. I hope you are able to get your fall trip in.

Surgery is never fun, but I guess it will be a relief to get it over with.

No plans for the rest of the evening, although someone mentioned ice cream.

Evening all!

Can’t tell you how many times I have started to write a post but get sidetracked and just don’t get to finish it....then BOOM! 3 more pages are there and I can‘t keep up!

So we went to Chili’s today for our 11th anniversary with the kids. If we are dining in we go early so there are a lot less people there.

Not much new to report here. We went to our place in the Poconos this past weekend and had a great time. We went early to the beach, Hope’s first time, and the kids loved it. And everyone was really keeping their distance so that was good. I have a few pics I will try and post later...I’m having trouble with them because they are posting sideways.

On the verge of cancelling our summer trip to FL. Not surprising, but since we have the timeshare and are driving, I only have to switch the week to no big deal.

Hope everyone is well And staying safe!

Sorry......So far behind!
Mac...Sorry to read about your family member...Sincere condolences to y'all. :sad1:

Charade glad to hear the Old Man's doing better! Keep him watered and fed!

Hope y'all are doin' "OK-ish" in these wacky times! :crazy:

You doing good?
Hope so

Looks like we have the night shift here.
Well.... I’m on eastern time but you and buckeev, it’s still early for you.

Pizza night or other, too hot to cook dinner, Charade. Though kids want pasta with meatballs. Easy, so I am cooking. Eh. Sweet got a new Mac though. Ours is a bit old, but kids like to play online with it, as big screen.

We love spaghetti and meatballs......I`m always amazed more folks don`t make their own meatballs over here........so easy and so much tastier than store bought, and can`t go wrong with pizza either!!!

I'm back. Nothing much to talk about today. We are thinking about starting to plan our Disney vacation for March. Hopefully we will be back to some sense of normalcy by then.

Now I'm really jealous. I absolutely hate bugs. Out worst problem was ants.

Those look really good.

No plans for the rest of the evening, although someone mentioned ice cream.

Happy to hear you`re starting to plan your Disney trip......it`s always good to have one in the bag.......

We do have things like ants, but not the nasty ones some of you guys get over there. Thankfully we`ve never been bothered with them. Oh shortbread with whatever name is one of the nicest things to have with a cup of tea. Buttery.

Ice cream sounds good too. Hope your DH is continuing to feel better.

Evening all!

Can’t tell you how many times I have started to write a post but get sidetracked and just don’t get to finish it....then BOOM! 3 more pages are there and I can‘t keep up!

So we went to Chili’s today for our 11th anniversary with the kids. If we are dining in we go early so there are a lot less people there.

Not much new to report here. We went to our place in the Poconos this past weekend and had a great time. We went early to the beach, Hope’s first time, and the kids loved it. And everyone was really keeping their distance so that was good. I have a few pics I will try and post later...I’m having trouble with them because they are posting sideways.

On the verge of cancelling our summer trip to FL. Not surprising, but since we have the timeshare and are driving, I only have to switch the week to no big deal.

Hope everyone is well And staying safe!

Happy 11th wedding anniversary.......and glad you had a nice time at the beach, kids do love water!

Sorry......So far behind!
Mac...Sorry to read about your family member...Sincere condolences to y'all. :sad1:

Charade glad to hear the Old Man's doing better! Keep him watered and fed!

Hope y'all are doin' "OK-ish" in these wacky times! :crazy:

Good to see you too buckeev.....always nice when you pop in!!

And hope you are all doing good too....yep, wacky times indeed!!!! Now i`m thinking of Wacky Races!!!!

I cannot believe it`s still raining here.......ironinc thing is no doubt we`ll have a garden hosepipe ban later in the summer!!

Breakfast was nice......dull, but nice this morning. But, another exciting Thursday picking up groceries!!! Woohoo......got my email through and got everything on the list I ordered. Usually there`s a couple of things missing but.....not today!

Doubt we`ll be walking anywhere today, maybe this afternoon if it brightens up. Will pop in to check on my friend who lost her dog on the way home from picking up groceries, we kind of almost pass her home on the way back.

Still need to find out about my salon.....called the number yesterday and there`s now no outgoing message, so maybe they just haven`t updated it yet......being hopeful here!!!

cv2084-M.jpg

cv2086-XL.jpg

Love this one below.....I used to have a similar image in a frame in my office years ago..........😁

cv3007-X2.jpg

Have a fabulous Thursday.....................

Thank you buckeev, nice to hear from you.

How have you been?
Are you still working or has business slacked off?
We're pretty busy now but if they cancel school again, we'll likely go through all of this again. 90% of what we've done in the last two months has been masks! Very low %, but it pays (most of) the bills! :yoda:

Thankful Thursday

take a beat & reflect on something (other than that we all hold dear such as family, health, wealth)

Dig deep & share something, anything. I’ll go first:

garden tomatoes

The first Tiny little green one finally showed Up on my plant. Whole garden should start to take off, will creep into 90 degree range & last till end of next week. One day may flirt with 100, unusual for us to have that many consecutive days of extreme heat
Dh heard today that she has filed an appeal. Good luck with that. She also asked him if there was anything she could do to pass the class. :rotfl2:
Whaaaaat ?
We love spaghetti and meatballs......I`m always amazed more folks don`t make their own meatballs over here........so easy and so much tastier than store bought, and can`t go wrong with pizza either!!!
There is no comparison would just as soon just make meat sauce. Don’t do commercially prepared sauce either, nearly as quick to make it and so much tastier

Yay! Well, double yay! A Kfish post and a Buckeev post. Nice to get away to the mountains, Kfish, and happy anniversary, sweet you could enjoy a meal out with the kids. Buckeev, glad to hear you are okay, and yep, masks around here are mandatory. New normal for some time, unfortunately. But being healthy is so important.

Yes! Gloriously all blonde now, and she laughed, as my hair is the longest it’s been in some time, and she knew not to bring out the scissors. Yep, sporting a nice long pony tail, braided, by little one today. My salon was perfect in trying to be safe for all. And I felt safe enough I made my next appointment. I used hand sanitizer on way in and way out. They had a big bottle of it by the door. And it was warm enough, the door was open, so no door to open. Schumi, I hope you hear from your salon soon.

Ah, not a night owl, and I am on the US East Coast, yep, early bird. Late for me, but so happy to lounge around and be thirsty for tea this morning. Having Thursday off is so nice. Shower was long and refreshing, made eggs and home fries, as kids did some grocery shopping for me yesterday.

Yes, I always make my own meatballs. I like knowing what is in them. Sometimes they are larger than other times. Depends on my need for speed. Was delicious, and while I do make my own red sauce, I do buy, and add to, as speed in meals during the work week is appreciated. Dinner tonight? Who knows.

So, welcome to the second day of June, and

67B1CC1D-A360-4FDC-8C61-B8E1C782C4BE.jpeg

And yes!
3F406BA2-1185-45F5-8F96-5A4FE6067948.jpeg ::yes::

Ooh, the time to get moving and make more tea. Thankfully, it’s Thursday, and yes, weather lady again said hot day. Time for sun glasses 🤓.

Thankful Thursday

take a beat & reflect on something (other than that we all hold dear such as family, health, wealth)

Dig deep & share something, anything. I’ll go first:

garden tomatoes

The first Tiny little green one finally showed Up on my plant. Whole garden should start to take off, will creep into 90 degree range & last till end of next week. One day may flirt with 100, unusual for us to have that many consecutive days of extreme heat

Whaaaaat ?

There is no comparison would just as soon just make meat sauce. Don’t do commercially prepared sauce either, nearly as quick to make it and so much tastier

Yep, I make everything from scratch...mostly. Can`t make my own passatta, but most everything else is fresh. I keep a well stocked fridge and freezers are always topped up....no excuse to not cook.

Oh nice share.....love home grown tomatoes....my dad was always proud of his.

Let`s see......I am thankful for my garden in general.....love spending time in it and just chilling.

And, yes, those eight giant shrimp that I`m going to enjoy all to myself tonight......::yes:: 😁

Sun has come out......it`s a little warmer than this morning......may head outside with a cup of tea soon.

Quick lunchtime post. Not much going on here today.
Happy anniversary!!

Happy to hear you`re starting to plan your Disney trip......it`s always good to have one in the bag......
we were there for MK’s 25th anniversary, so we feel we should be there for the 50th. I wish we could go in October 2021, but that can’t happen.

Yep, I make everything from scratch...mostly. Can`t make my own passatta, but most everything else is fresh. I keep a well stocked fridge and freezers are always topped up....no excuse to not cook.
We are such opposites here. I hate to cook and will use as many shortcuts as I can. Except for desserts. I love making desserts. I just hate cooking main meals.

Now y’all have me craving spaghetti and meatballs. Tonight’s dinner will probably be ham, Mac & cheese, and some sort of green vegetable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!