Something About Nothing............ #14

I really need to remember to turn my phone ringer off when I go to sleep. One of the therapists just texted me at 12:50. I'm awake now. Wonder what is on TV at 1:00.

I‘ve seen lots of funny posts on FB lately. One said every 3 days get out of your sweats and put your jeans on to make sure you can still close them!
I just purchased 3 pair of - I guess you could call them yoga pants, except they are looser fitting. I figure if I am going to be stuck inside most of the weekend I might as well be comfortable.

7824C6BD-9064-4B1A-B0EE-1E1EFDF6AA6F.jpeg

Woot, a late start, and a day not to be working. Yep, I need that 3 day weekend.

Ooh, I like lounge pants. Comfy when I have to be home sitting for some time.

Well the rain has come, and another day we will se wet. But no matter, it’s a Friday! Yay!
928E98CB-7C0E-4DC4-8B8B-795F51B139E8.jpeg

And yes,
95EECFFE-F01E-45B4-8176-B7EC86473E05.jpeg

Stay safe and healthy homies, Welcome to Friday!

mrose….it`s lovely to get out and about in places where there is hardly anyone else around. We have huge swathes of forest behind us that you very rarely see anyone else.....we were the only ones up there this morning.

I`m so sorry about your parents car!!! Last thing they needed right now, hope it`s sorted soon!!! Yes, I love home made pizza.....but our pizza place is so good, it`s hard to not order from them!!

I never really liked hotdogs anyway, but, won`t touch them since I read what was in some of them....one place was found to have their "meat" one degree above dog food!!! No thanks.......and, yes continental sausages/cured meats are the best!!! Italian, German anywhere really....we have some gorgeous spanish chorizo hanging right now.....I can`t wait to try it along with some parma ham and so on......

We`ll be there in September too, we got delayed by two days last year with Dorian and two years before with Irma. Fingers crossed for this year!!!!

Have a great weekend.....

Charade.....thanks, hoping to see some improvement this weekend with the coughing. Yes, I can see the weight gain in folks will go through the roof......and yes, positive stories are just what`s needed right now among the doom and gloom. It was one of those life affirming moments that you felt just brought everyone together in support of our wonderful medical staff and all that work alongside. Hope you got back to sleep.

Another gorgeous day here.....woke up to a heavy frost strangely enough.....it was beautiful though.

Sun is shining although quite chilly......got a load of cleaning done this morning after our walk in the woods.....we had been hearing a lot of gunshots recently, more than usual from the farmers, turns out there is a thing where they are targeting more vermin, rabbits, hares and squirrels......we did wonder as we sometimes hear the farmers guns on the odd occasion, but this has been every day on farmland around us.

Today, we had a change of plans with food. We did plan to have steak tonight on the grill, but Tom went into the village butchers and they had fresh whole chickens in, so he bought one and I`m cooking it now for tonight. So steaks will be tomorrow night instead of take out pizza......we can get that any night. Our butcher had plenty of food, so he came back with 3kg of diced beef, pork steaks and the chicken. Also ordered a large steak pie and a chicken pie for next week.....he`ll call us when he has made them......always like to shop local where we can.

So, not much else to do today.....find something for lunch......

Have a wonderful Friday everyone........:flower3:

and yes, positive stories are just what`s needed right now among the doom and gloom.
I have a great positive story to share. A friend in Wisconsin shared this on Facebook a few days ago. The person who wrote this works at a homeless shelter in Wisconsin..
This happened at a local Walmart.

"I needed to make a run for essentials for the shelter like milk, juice, and paper products for us to use for meals not realizing they would also be limiting nonprofits to what they buy too. I was left at the checkout with a bunch of items I could only choose one of each.

Then something amazing happened. The people around me overheard me explain to the clerk that it was for the shelter and that I understood that we must limit so others can have what they need as well. BOTH lines on either side of me as well as people in my checkout line took one pack of each thing I had and purchased them for me. I waited with tears in my eyes as more and more people started taking these things off the conveyor belt, purchasing them, and putting them in my cart before they walked out the door....giving to the shelter without any hesitation.

I gained even more faith in our community today. Through all of this, moments like these keep me going! Thank you to those kind folks."

Aww, I like these feel good stories, Charade and Schumi. The bridges in my City turned blue to support the police and health workers.

Ooh, sunny out so time for grocery shopping. Seems not much meat in the house for the men.

Hope all your Friday hours are full of fun.

Kroger wasn't too bad this morning. A lot of stuff was back in stock. I was able to buy pasta, canned veggies, and hamburger among other things. Still no toilet paper. They were also out of my favorite peanut butter and laundry detergent.

Now that my time at grocery world is over I'm off to visit laundry land.

Grocery shopping was a success. Stocked up. And a funny, at the big box store I went to, they had a whole lane of the big bag of toilet paper, with large signs saying limit one, and staff all around each large skid. That was one item I was not in the need for. What I did have to do, is go to a higher end grocery store, as the big box store had absolutely no oleo, and limited boxes of butter, and I needed oleo, as some of my recipes are better with oleo than real butter.

Kids want to make a burger place run for dinner tonight. Fine with me, and the steaks and chicken pack I bought will be fine for meals starting tomorrow.

E61FE14D-682B-4050-84C8-658C90A1C7FD.gifWoot!! Friday night is getting close. May all have that happy, lazy weekend.

@Charade67 I‘m laying on the sofa in my sweats! I bought a few pairs for after my knee replacement surg a few years ago. Definitely coming in handy now!
Sadly I was up around 1ish too. I found something not very interesting so I could just close my eyes and listen. Set the TV timer so after I drifted off I wouldn’t be woke up by tv noise.
Lovely story you shared.

@schumigirl Ha! That Netflix comment is me to be sure!

@Lynne G glad you were able to find what you needed somewhere. Sounds like everyone finally has enough Tp! Here no hand sani to be found.

Another cold damp day. I ran around this morning to get some stuff then spent the day on sofa. My lower back is killing me.
I found Tylenol. Good to have on hand. I heard you aren’t supposed to take Advil if you get the Virus, so good to have the Tylenol on hand.

I got scammed today, or at least they tried. I got an email from a friend asking for a favour. He needed a Google Play card for a friend it said. So without reading any more emails cause I was doing errands I picked him up a $25 card While I was out. When I got home there were more emails- would I get $300 worth of cards in the $100 denominations! Then scratch off the CV code and take pictures and send:sad2: If I had seen that before I went i would have realized the scam! But no loss, my daughter will now have a $25 Google Play card! Friend later texted me his email was hacked.

Glad to know you did not fall for that scam, Sue. Sad your friend had his email hacked.

Burgers were good. as I think we were all starved. The place said it was overwhelmed with to go orders, so when we got home, we realized they messed up our order, and they were 1/2 late getting the order to us, as we had been waiting in our car since saying we are here at the time you said. Needless to say, I complained.

But was a nice enough day, as warm enough little one was in shorts. The rain they predicted in the morning, was not what happened, as mostly sunny day with beautiful blue skies. Tons of people out, walking, biking, and fancy cars out too. They are saying a rainy Saturday, so we will see. Since we are stocked, no need to go out tomorrow, and while I am sure I will be up early tomorrow, lazy will I be.

Just why? I can never seem to sleep late on a weekend. Here is hoping I can go back to sleep or I can see a nap later in the day, or maybe an early bedtime tonight.

Hey, welcome to a Saturday. 😊

Hope you managed to get back to sleep Lynne......it is the worst thing when you`re tired and can`t drop back off......glad the burgers were good, but shame they messed up.

Charade that is a lovely story...….there are some heartwarming ones around for sure. I still believe the vast majority of folks are decent at heart. It`s the minority that ruins it for everyone else.....

So, Saturday again.........

Woke up this morning and had no clue what day of the week it was. I blame the groggy meds I`m taking.

Did have bacon for breakfast, love bacon!

Like most folks who are following instructions, absolutely no plans for the weekend. Well, a group Skype later today and another group skype later tonight. Call to my mum who is obediently staying self isolated and maybe a couple of calls to siblings. One is nurse on the front line of all of this.

And decided to have take out pizza tonight.......weather is too cold and breezy for the grill, so takeout it is as I have little to no energy today for cooking. Lunch is chicken noodle soup I made yesterday, with some crackers...

Have a good Saturday all....….

Last edited:
Oh Schumi, sending well wishes in mummy dust. Good that you can take medicine, and sorry about it giving you some foggy thoughts. Yep, no need to cook when not feeling well. Soup is a perfect lunchtime meal, and I hope it tastes good to you. And yep, with the weather, ordering pizza sounds perfect too.

Yeah, did not go back to sleep, but wash is done for now, and had a cup of tea, with eggs and bacon. Will make more when the family gets up.

Yes, with a rainy day, we will be staying inside. Weather guy said cool and damp Saturday. Yeah, inside today, and we are already wet, as the little bit of traffic is in wet sounding roads. Sigh.

Schumi, your symptoms sound very covidish. Cough, lack of smell and taste. Glad you are starting to feel better but it does sound like the popular symptoms.

Good morning,
Dreary, wet day here. Such a contrast to yesterday when the sun was out. We brought some patio chairs out of the garage and put them on the deck and made burgers on the grill. Today is only 37 degrees right now.

The governor added our county to the "stay in place" order last night to the other counties already on it. It doesn't sound very different than the previous order to stay home, but there are some. Companies are giving out papers to their employees to show police if they get stopped. It basically says they are working for a business that needs to stay open.

My sister went to Walmart today and it was working with what seemed like a skeleton crew. One of the doors was locked so you had to use one entrance and they sent everyone through self scan. No other registers were open. The shelves were bare so she went to another store where they are no longer slicing deli meats and cheese to order. They slice in the morning, prepackage and put them out.

Hubby was working from home this week and he'll have to go in on Monday. Two of his employees went out on FLMA. We also found out they are testing people in his building, which is very scary. The results take a few days to come back. Other buildings all around his have workers that tested positive.

On a positive note, we got our refund from Undercover Tourist deposited today. They didn't charge us the restocking fee so we got all of the money from our tickets back! I really like that company and the people who work there.

I'll join you in the chicken club. I do not like tp be scared and I absolutely hate having someone jump out at me.
I'm in the chicken club too. If we wind up going in the Fall one of my kids will definitely try to get me to go to HHN!

@mckennarose I can see how frustrating that would be. The workers should be isolating when they get home from work. Today our govt made it mandatory to isolate for 2 weeks if you’re returning home from a foreign country. They can fine or jail you for noncompliance. I read a city just north? Of NYC has a high number of cases.
The workers don't care, they make too much money. There's no personal responsibility.

You would have loved the Italian shop near where my mom used to live, in N. Miami Beach years ago. They had the best ever sausages. It was one of my must do’s when I went down to visit. They made their own. So yummy.
I love Italian shops! It sounds like I would've loved it. We used to have a lot more here as I was growing up, but they've dwindled. Our area has a lot of Italian roots and when smaller shops were the norm it was easy to get specialty items. Walmart definitely does not carry them.

mrose….it`s lovely to get out and about in places where there is hardly anyone else around. We have huge swathes of forest behind us that you very rarely see anyone else.....we were the only ones up there this morning
We do like to spend a lot of time outdoors when we can. We spent a lot of time in our yard yesterday. I should've been working in it, but I just wanted to sit in the sun. There was squirrel in my apple tree that was very upset with me for being outside near HIS tree! He was making a weird screech/chatter noise at me. It was funny.

and, yes continental sausages/cured meats are the best!!! Italian, German anywhere really....we have some gorgeous spanish chorizo hanging right now.....I can`t wait to try it along with some parma ham and so on......
Yum... that makes me hungry!

I gained even more faith in our community today. Through all of this, moments like these keep me going! Thank you to those kind folks."
That was a really nice story!

I found Tylenol. Good to have on hand. I heard you aren’t supposed to take Advil if you get the Virus, so good to have the Tylenol on hand.
I've been looking for tylenol for two weeks and there's none to be found. You're lucky! I read the same thing.

Stay safe everyone!

Schumi, your symptoms sound very covidish. Cough, lack of smell and taste. Glad you are starting to feel better but it does sound like the popular symptoms.

damo......a week ago I said all I had was a seasonal cold. I was convinced of it. Cough, headache and aches, no temp. But now, since the smell and taste thing appeared on the list of symptoms, I do think maybe I have a mild version if there is such a thing. Of course I won’t get tested as I’m thankfully, not bad enough. So, yes I agree it does sound like it.

I could go out Monday, but Tom and Kyle still have another 7 days after that to wait it out. Praying they don’t get anything. Hope you and your family are doing well damo and avoiding it all!!

Lynne....thanks, unfortunately I couldn’t taste the soup!! My two said I had made it too salty this time.......oops.....I couldn’t tell if it was or not! So guess I have a way to go yet.......breakfast sounds nice for you, and yes, it’s good to get jobs out of the way early! Will still get pizza tonight, I’ll just add a million jalapeños......lol......

mrose.......sounds like our weather has gone a similar way. Cold. Yes, our stores have closed the loose meat, cheese, pizza, deli and fish counters. Everything is pre wrapped.

That is worrying about the workers in your husbands building.......it’s so close to so many. But glad you got your refund.

We have a few small family deli’s in towns near us, and they are all European based. The quality is top notch and yes, nothing the grocery store sells comes close!! I miss those little shops right now, but not enough trade to warrant them staying open as they are classed as luxury I guess. Have a good weekend.......

Just heard my nephew‘s wife who is a frontline nurse has been sent home from work this morning. They tested her for the virus before she left the hospital. She is a very healthy 27 year old. Hoping it’s negative and just regular cold or flu. She works close to my sister in the same hospital. Not sure how much they’ve seen each other before the quarantine thing came in......such a worry for everyone......

I’m sticking my head in the sand today by flicking through 80’s video channels on tv. Tom and Kyle have the biggest tv and are on the Play Station 3......very unusual to see either of them on it anymore.....it’s been ignored forever!! Think they’re enjoying not listening to me coughing constantly!

After breakfast I slept for almost 3 and a half hours. I was just so tired.......I’m blaming the drowsy medication of course.

It is nice to be in today as it really has turned nasty outside, rain is on and wind is getting up, straight from the sea, so it’s extra cold coming from the East.

Time for a hot chocolate.......

damo......a week ago I said all I had was a seasonal cold. I was convinced of it. Cough, headache and aches, no temp. But now, since the smell and taste thing appeared on the list of symptoms, I do think maybe I have a mild version if there is such a thing. Of course I won’t get tested as I’m thankfully, not bad enough. So, yes I agree it does sound like it.

I could go out Monday, but Tom and Kyle still have another 7 days after that to wait it out. Praying they don’t get anything. Hope you and your family are doing well damo and avoiding it all!!

Sure would be nice to know if you have it, so you don't have to worry about getting it, hahahahaha.

Glad you are managing with whatever you've got and you can feel yourself improving.

Yeah, agree with Damo, you may indeed have the virus. At least you are not having trouble breathing. I think they said that Prince Charles has mild but none of exactly what his symptoms are has been said, I don’t think.

Ooh, here comes the rain, and it’s loud. Good thing we got gas for our vehicles, and a stop at a very busy grocery store, to get just the few things I needed, that little one failed to say when I was out yesterday. No milk to be had though. Good thing the kids picked up some the other day.

Nice UT refunded your tickets without restocking fee, McK. Yeah, this cool and rainy weather is not appreciated, particularly on a weekend day. Oh well, snow it is not, so happy for that.

Kids had brunch. Bagel, egg whites and sausage patty for little one, and croissant, egg, cheese and sausage patty. DH, not sure what he ate. Thinking maybe a donut from the box of 6 we got from the grocery store.

@Lynne G yes, at first I really thought it was my friend emailing, since it said he was at the hospital visiting and then the last email when I knew it was a scam. He offered to refund my money but I told him I’d just give the card to youngest dd.
One time I ordered take out burgers from Wendy’s and got home opened my burger and they forgot to put the burger in it!
Hope you get some sleep. At least it’s the weekend and you can nap!

@schumigirl glad to hear you’re starting to feel better. I agree with Damo, sounds like textbook symptoms of COVID-19. Scary. Sounds like you’ll be quarantined for quite awhile. Hope you’re nephews wife is ok.
Have you heard from your NY family? I’m quite worried about mine. NY is a hot mess with the virus.

@mckennarose I love UT too. I used to buy my park tickets from them, until Disney started offering Canadian discounts. I was so impressed with them, sending hard tickets (not vouchers like some companies) and no shipping fee even to Canada. Great company.
I found the Tylenol at a drugstore, went early morning and got it while they still had some stock. They didn’t have much. I bought the arthritis formula! I was even able to get a tube of Lysol wipes. I keep it in my car so if I have to go out to grocery store I can take a wipe in for wiping down cart handle. I’ve been noticing stores that typically have wipe dispenser by grocery carts don’t anymore. Guess they’re running out.
Scary news about husbands work. Hope he stays safe.

Yes, another dreary day here. The damp just makes it feel colder.
My daughter is doing the vacuuming and mopping today since my back is killing me and I can’t.
Only thing I accomplished this morning is changing the hummingbird feeder, lol. I will bake cookies this afternoon, oatmeal with cranraisins I think. Will have for dessert along with some of the homemade icecream from the local place. So good. Since it’s not BBQ weather it’s comfort food dinner, meatloaf. Mashed potato and asparagus.

Just officially canceled my family Easter dinner sad. Only person coming over to the house is the brother-in-law. Saturday dinner is the only real meal he gets.
I‘m fairly certain the Mother’s Day weekend get away will be canceled too.

Have a safe weekend Sans

Well I had enough of being inside. Went to the local feed & seed for my vegetable garden seeds and plants. I guess I am not the only one with cabin fever. It looked like a regular Saturday considering the amount of people out and about. The only difference was that there were a lot of folks with gloves and masks on. I did not but did try to keep my 6 foot distance from everyone. Went to Food Lion. The shelves were sparse in some areas but they seemed to have a little of everything. Even saw chicken, hamburger and tp. Went to Sams and got a bulk pack of hamburger and a rotisserie chicken to make chicken salad.

The 4th case of Covid19 was diagnosed at DH's work. I am sure it will be more everyday.

The day started out cloudy but has turned out to be beautiful. Sunny and 80 degrees. I think i heard tomorrow is going to be close to 90 but it will cool off next week. Leftover baked penne pasta for dinner.

@schumigirl, feel better soon!! Hope your nephew's wife is doing well.

On a positive note, we got our refund from Undercover Tourist deposited today. They didn't charge us the restocking fee so we got all of the money from our tickets back! I really like that company and the people who work ther

They are a great company. When we are in between annual passes, I always buy our tickets through UT and upgrade at the park. Will have to do it this time since we didn't renew our APs in February. I wasn't sure if we were going to make it to UOR this year and I try to get at least two trips out of our annual passes. However, with DS being out of school until Sept and prices being so good, I am going to keep looking in hopes that this virus fades away sooner than later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!