Something About Nothing............ #14

We have almost 60F today Lynne.....but a little chilly outside of the sunshine. But incredibly pleasant.

Yes, it is nice being home with not much to do. Glad they’re doing a deep clean at work, and yes, I was lucky and had just got my hair cut and coloured a week before they closed up shop.

Wine is coming in next hour, then we may wander out for a walk as it is so beautiful........almost every window is open in rooms that we are using......very unusual in March.

Almost lunch time.......definitely seem to be snacking more......and it’s never healthy snacks......who wants to nibble on carrots or peppers..........:rolleyes1

Potato chips, dip and all things savoury for me........my two are into all the baked goods and chocolate!

We moved our May trip to November 13 - 26 HRH family suite. It will be our first time at HRH. It is my favorite time of year anyway. Seems like everyone is aiming for fall. We may all run across each other.
Our local stores shelves have been bare but I’ve found meat, eggs, maple syrup and root vegetables through our local farms leftover CSA surplus. It may be an option for others and worth it to look around.

Nice you get that family suite in the Fall, Larissa. And even better, finding food you wanted. Guess I have been lucky too, as my kids shopped for me, and came back with what we needed.

Ah, sunny day, so may do a walk for lunch, as like Schumi, enjoying this warmer, sunny day. Not enough to open our windows, though.

Good morning all. It’s almost 8am and 35F brrrr, supposed to go to 45 in the afternoon. Partly cloudy now but rains are coming. Had on of those nights, woke up at 3:30 and don’t think I dropped back off until 5ish.
Yesterday on the way to mechanic to pick up the SUV we stopped at our friends farm to pick up eggs. Big outing of the day lol.

@Schumi yes, we also save our bacon for weekends. Weekdays it’s usually oatmeal. Great peppercorn recipe! I’ve never made it from scratch, perhaps I’ll try!

@bobbie68 keep your spirits up! When all this is over you’ll get there. Right now the most important thing is to keep safe and protect your health.
We have also been requested not to bring our reusable bags from home too. It’s to prevent transmission of the virus. We don’t know what surfaces could be infected taking same bags place to place.
I hope Liv has had success speaking to her boss. It must be hard to not phone yourself when you’re watching your child suffer.
Congrats on your Universal trip. We were there last year but are chickens and didn’t go to HHN nights lol. I did enjoy a Sans meet at HR. Was fun meeting up and putting faces to peeps.
We have a trip planned to the Motherland early Aug! I hope.

@cam757 so scary about DH’s work. I’m glad my oldest isn’t working at the moment, her daycare hardly has any children right now. My youngest is working from home. She works in a small office and now only 1 person is allowed in the office at a time.

@Lynne yikes. Is your work doing anything to prevent the spread of the virus? Scary times indeed. Hope you’re able to work from home.
I wish we had Chic-FiL-A here. It’s my treat to go while in Florida. Love their chicken, waffle fries and lemonade.
edit- I just read your post about the deep clean. Yay.

@DisneyLifePapioNe ive never been to Texas Roadhouse! Hope you enjoy HHN! We don’t go! I’m a whimp and don’t like things jumping out at me!

@schumigirl I just read you’re having symptoms. Hope you’re better soon and it’s not Covid.
Sounds like our dinner last night. Sausage from the butcher grilled, seasoned potato wedges, and salad.
Funny cartoon about hair colour! I’m afraid my sparkles are showing but the good thing about blond is that it’s not that noticeable! May be a long wait here until salons reopen.

@larissawbb congrats on reschedules for trip. I can’t see the parks being open by May. I’m worried about my WDW trip early Aug! Strange times.

Nothing much on the adgenda today. Just finished watching our PM’s (Trudeau) daily address to the country. Nice, he announced people who have lost their jobs due to the virus will be able to get relief funds of $2000/mo
I think I may bake some oatmeal cookies today. And walk dogs before rain comes. I miss our great weather of the last 2 weeks. It has now turned cold, in 40s and rainy. The rain seems to make it feel colder.
yesterday I cleaned out a few hanging baskets to get them ready for planting. But that won’t be for another month. This year I want to try growing my own garlic.

Hello everyone! Recently joined the boards after reading on and off for about a decade! I'm currently in Virginia. Always love stopping by the US threads...I'm an AP for both there and WDW currently. Did HHN for the first time last year and loved it. Have a trip currently planned for Sept, assuming everything is back and running. Hope everyone is having a great day so far...

Hello everyone! Recently joined the boards after reading on and off for about a decade! I'm currently in Virginia. Always love stopping by the US threads...I'm an AP for both there and WDW currently. Did HHN for the first time last year and loved it. Have a trip currently planned for Sept, assuming everything is back and running. Hope everyone is having a great day so far...
:wave2: Welcome! Let’s hope things are back running. I have a WDW trip booked for early Aug. I’m from British Columbia.

Larissa......good news on the change of dates......I’m feeling more settled now I know we won’t travel in May.....too risky for us. I know we arrive at some point late November......off hand can’t remember!! Sounds awful but so many dates rummaging around my head right now.......but hope to be able to say hello......and yes, local places seem to have plenty of items for sale. Tom said one of our farm stores was brimming with food yesterday. If they’re open it’s well worth a visit instead of the main grocery stores. Much better quality too.

Welcome along pealala...........

So, it has turned so cold tonight!! We decided Grilling wasn’t an option.

Ended up making sausage casserole......kind of spicy, with mashed potato......very rich and warming........how can a day change so quickly....temps have dropped rapidly.

Another cosy little night in.......although, not much else to do!! I’m glad we genuinely enjoy each other’s company. Although this cough I have is driving everyone up the wall!!!

But, I do have a sleepy night time cough medicine Tom bought today.......will look forward to that later!

So, no glass of wine tonight as it’s not recommended to mix this med with alcohol........having a ginger beer with lime.....::yes::

:wave2: Welcome! Let’s hope things are back running. I have a WDW trip booked for early Aug. I’m from British Columbia.

Thank you!

I had a trip booked for Tokyo & Tokyo Disney for May that we cancelled in February...then used that money to book a cruise for May which is now going to also be cancelled. LOL Will stick to just Florida for a while once everything eases

Hi Sue and all the homies!
Still in bed and have another 6 days of isolating
I read through the forum/ threads when my headache is not overwhelming.

Hope all the homies are hanging in there and managing as best as they can.
You all sound like you are doing good.
I enjoy reading what all are up to.

Trip planning, disboards and reading sites for hhn saves me from boredom.
Lol

Add me to the September meet ups!
I’ll be at the Darkside September 26

Woot! Mac, rest and relax, and hope you are feeling better every day. Double woot! As I will be there 6 days before you, and 6 days after you arrive, at least what I think I am doing. Definitely will meet up with ya, as will be at RPR most of the time, if I keep my over a year old ressie.

Well sunny day, so did not have time to do a lunchtime walk, but doing one now, as rain predicted the next 4 days. Boo! I want more beautiful, warm and sunny Spring days.

And welcome Peala. Come back and post more. Another East Coaster is always nice to have join the SANS.

Hope all have a lush dinner. And have to say, won’t eat any sausage. Not a fan. Will tolerate a beef hotdog, and that’s it. Hate patties and links of any kind of sausage. I do cook it, as little one likes some kinds, and the men eat almost any kind.

We just had a lovely moment in all the madness in the UK.

There was a campaign for everyone in the United Kingdom, at 8pm tonight to stand outside, lean out of windows, go on balconies and clap, cheer, shout and whoop in support of our wonderful NHS staff and carers who are all working so hard for us during this crisis.

We went out to clap and cheer and could hear folks for miles from the villages around us as it is a still night......folks were setting off fireworks and yelling their support.

It was a little overwhelming to hear the support our wonderful doctors, nurses and everyone else who is at work while we stay home.

Woot! Mac, rest and relax, and hope you are feeling better every day. Double woot! As I will be there 6 days before you, and 6 days after you arrive, at least what I think I am doing. Definitely will meet up with ya, as will be at RPR most of the time, if I keep my over a year old ressie.

Well sunny day, so did not have time to do a lunchtime walk, but doing one now, as rain predicted the next 4 days. Boo! I want more beautiful, warm and sunny Spring days.

And welcome Peala. Come back and post more. Another East Coaster is always nice to have join the SANS.

Hope all have a lush dinner. And have to say, won’t eat any sausage. Not a fan. Will tolerate a beef hotdog, and that’s it. Hate patties and links of any kind of sausage. I do cook it, as little one likes some kinds, and the men eat almost any kind.

lol.....Lynne, I’m the opposite of you......I won’t touch a hotdog, but like a good quality sausage meat......

Wouldn’t eat a grocery store one though.

Now thinking of dinner tomorrow night........steaks on the grill.......now that is lush!!!

Sausages if they’re made from quality are lovely, but get a cheap one.......bleurgh...........

bobbie…..it must be hard to watch Liv feel uncomfortable speaking to her bosses. I hope they help.....and glad to see you are continually improving every day......yep, planning some garden time today too, another beautiful day here......although next week the doom and gloom weather is back apparently.....will make the most of this sunshine while we can. And yay for HHN......we arrive September 6th till Oct 1st and will certainly be attending it more than a few nights for sure!!! The kids will love it...….

Lynne....that is far too close for comfort!!! Yes, I`m glad Kyle is at home right now for two weeks as I have the dreaded couple of symptoms......no temperature thankfully...….stay well and enjoy your home comforts where at least you know everything is clean and only family around.

Scott......12 is a decent age for HHN. I`m sure your boys will love it......I forget did Mrs DLPN attend HHN too??? I know someone there last year went without their wife/mum.......

So, another not so good nights sleep...….this cough is relentless, but I don't think it`s the dreaded 19. I think it`s a regular cold, which is weird as I had a bad cough for two weeks in January too after not having a cough or cold for years. I do think I feel better today, just watching my two for any symptoms.

But, we are maintaining all the rules, Kyle is off work for 14 days and I`m contained till Monday next week, which will be 7 days for me. But, still won`t be going out unless I really have to. Kyle`s work have been really good a shave most employers I believe.

Groceries have been delivered, driver was superb and called us to say he was about a minute away, would drop the groceries at our door then knock. We then brought it in but managed a brief chat with him. He said the stores are filled with whole families shopping instead of the advisory limited amount of people.

Now just the wine delivery and I can fill a couple of those empty shelves in our store room!! It`s a big room to fill!!! :rolleyes1

Lunch is sandwich rolls with honey ham and some with shrimp in a marie rose sauce which is our shrimp cocktail sauce for lunch......dinner is butchers sausages grilled outside. Will make up sliced potato parcels......of course they have to be cooked in butter!!!! It`s a trial........::yes::

But, have a great Thirsty Thursday..........

View attachment 483434

View attachment 483435

View attachment 483436

View attachment 483437

View attachment 483438

:wave2: She did not attend either last year, it will be her first time also!!!

She is a big chicken too so it will be loads of fun!!!!!!:rotfl2:

Hi everyone, hope all are well and that our Mac is recovering!

Today was sunny, a little warmer at 60 so hubby, youngest dd and I took a walk in the woods on a Native American trail by a river. It was really nice to get out of the house for a bit. There were others out on the trail, but not many. We saw two people biking and stayed more than 6 feet away when they passed us, and some others walking that were really far away. We made homemade pizza for dinner (mine was gluten free) and we're still working on fixing up the spare bedroom.

@mckennarose it is a strange new world indeed. It’s so scary for all of you living in or near NY. ANd it’s true many don’t own cars there and rely on trains or subway system. Especially those who work in Manhattan where there is no parking. I worry for my brother and his family who live on Long Island.
We're about 2 hours, depending on traffic, about 120 miles. Close, but also not close. We've been having an issue with people coming from NYC and our city has been pleading with the bus and van companies to stop going back and forth. Finally one bigger bus company announced yesterday that they will stop tomorrow. But our local news was at the bus station last night when the NYC workers were coming home and the newscaster asked them how they felt about the buses stopping and that the governor and White House has asked that all who come from hot spots, like NYC, voluntarily quarantine for 14 days. The people interviewed said they will have to drive now, and they had no intention of quarantining. They work in the city and go back and forth. It's so frustrating.
mrose…..it`s hard to keep a distance from family, but may keep them alive is what we`re all thinking......I know my sister struggled only seeing my mum through her window last Sunday.....but got to be so careful.

Oh I know Hoboken.....lol.....made a quick visit there during one of our trips.....fabulous views of the City!!!! Hope your dad is doing ok...….
We got my mom and dad to use skype yesterday and all the kids and I got on with them. It's was a little confusing with so many on, but fun!
Unfortunately someone hit my parent's car yesterday. It was parked by their driveway and a young driver smacked it. When the insurance company called my mom today they told her they have to do more investigation because her insurance may not be valid. I feel so bad for them! We've been going to the store for them so they don't have to go out and now they have to go out to get the car fixed.
Peppercorn sauce is delicious......so easy.....cream, butter, beef stock, shallots pounded down to pulp, but that's just for me, diced finely would be good, and around 2 large tablespoons of peppercorns ground up in a pestal and mortar, again personal preference, we like ours very peppery. There are a million recipes online, some add brandy some add other ingredients like Worcestershire Sauce....we prefer ours with no alcohol (weirdly lol) I never measure, just by eye.....it is delicious!!!!
It sounds delicious! Thanks for the recipe, I LOVE to cook and I'm always looking for something new.
We are all calling her more often and making sure she has what she needs. I can`t physically shop for her as I`m 5-6 hours away anyway, but I`m sending her magazines and books from online sources......all contactless delivery. She`s well aware of the risk from cardboard delivery boxes, and will deal with that accordingly, but happy to know she is dealing well with no visitors rule.
Those are really good ideas to send your mom! I know it's hard not seeing her and I'm glad you found new ways to make her day and keep in touch.
Another case was announced at my DH's work. I think his employees are a little on edge now. The employee worked in a different building so no immediate concern but still....
Ugh, I'm sorry. I hope the person recovers quickly with no complications and no one else at work gets it.
It makes my stomach jump every time I hear of another case here.
Today we had 4 people just not show up. I managed to get one by phone and his excuse was that he didn’t understand the instructions. It is literally click on the link in the email I sent you and it takes you right into the HIPAA compliant chat room. No need to signs up for anything. I swear a lot of people have suddenly become computer illiterate. The email also said to call me with any questions.
That sounds frustrating. I hope it goes smoother for you.
It‘s quite nice just the three of us home all the time for now.....but nice. We all sat out in the garden for a while this afternoon as it was just beautiful, then we played NYC monopoly for a while before dinner.....haven’t done that in a while.....then Kyle and I payed a few games of poker......think I forgot most of what he taught me few years back!!
Only my youngest lives at home with us now, so it's been just the three of us doing everything together too. As much as I hate the situation we're all in, I'm grateful for the time together and things we're doing with each other.
Mrose Thanks and yes Brian and I keep going out for rides, (we play pokemon go) so we need to get our fix LOL!! I hope your dogs enjoyed it it's a good idea. Glad that you got to talk with your dad, and find ways to see your family even if it is for distance. I know it is so frustrating to see people not taking this seriously, it makes it hard for us who are. The quicker we all do this the quicker we can get on with our lives safely and healthy. I hope things work out with that transportation issue. That's nice about your youngest's job, target is not going that far but they are trying to find ways. I hope yours has some graduating ceremony. Charlie is sad about his senior year.
We used to play pokemon go too! We haven't in a while, and we walked a lot when we did it. We haven't been on too many walks here at home since there are more people around, but we like to go to the woods and state parks. We did that today. This time of year is when the bear come out, so we're more careful right now.
I booked a trip for September 24th to October 1st staying club level at PBH.
We’re there the 20th - 30th
Woot! I will be there that time too Bobbie!
Wow, everyone will be there around the same time! We like to go in September too and the past two years we hit the hurricanes Florence in 2018 and Dorian last year. We left Florida early because of Dorian and went back again in October for a make up trip. Florence we had to re-route around on our way down and had to go all the way into TN. I love that time of year though and I'm hoping we can reschedule our May trip that we cancelled to September or October.
Very very scary, a person in our office building tested positive. I was not there when that person left sick, but too close for comfort for me. Though when I went in for a few hours, I washed my hands more than a few times, and used paper towels to open the shared microwave, coffee maker, and frigid. It just shows ya, I am good with staying home. And yeah, another person from the township has died. Both were elderly men, but oh so scary times right now.
That's scary. Our state really jumped up in numbers today. Yesterday I heard a 49 year old woman died and it really hit home. I just kept thinking that it's my age. It's so sad to see so many suffering right now.
We have almost 60F today Lynne.....but a little chilly outside of the sunshine. But incredibly pleasant.
It's just so nice to get out in the sun, isn't it?
Seems like everyone is aiming for fall.
I've never gone in November... you'll have to let me know how it is.
Hello everyone! Recently joined the boards after reading on and off for about a decade! I'm currently in Virginia.
Hi and welcome! I'm another East Coaster too, in PA.
I’m feeling more settled now I know we won’t travel in May.....too risky for us.
I hated to cancel our May trip too, but it's just so uncertain right now. Even if they open everything I'm just not comfortable traveling so soon. I don't think it will be over by then anyway, if you look at China and how they're having another round of cases since they re-opened things. I think we need to be careful for a while.
Oh Mac ((hugs)) I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I hope you feel better soon!
Will tolerate a beef hotdog, and that’s it.
See, I like hotdogs! Only beef though, not pork or mixed. I don't usually buy them because they're so bad for you, but I do get a craving once in a while. I have a pack frozen that I may have to dig out this weekend.
We went out to clap and cheer and could hear folks for miles from the villages around us as it is a still night......folks were setting off fireworks and yelling their support.
Schumi that is so nice! What a lovely gesture!
Sausages if they’re made from quality are lovely
I'm Italian and we love our sausages! Hot, sweet, dried, cured... all of it. We have an Italian specialty shop not far from here where I like to stock up.

Hoping this weekend finds everyone healthy and doing well!

Good evening everyone. Work is still busy, but not as crazy as it was on Monday. It looks like all of our therapists want to transition to online sessions, but some of our clients are being resistant. Today one lady told me that she absolutely refused to do the telehealth sessions. I just told her okay, I will cancel your appointment. Her therapist, my main boss, was not feeling well today, so she is not coming into the office to see clients. I am so glad tomorrow is Friday even though I will be spending most of the day in laundry land.

I talked to Brian and the teens about setting up a trip for the fall just in case things don't work out right away to move down to Florida. I booked a trip for September 24th to October 1st staying club level at PBH. Brian and Charlie love the halloween stuff, so I will by them a two day halloween event ticket in addition. Liv and I don't like the scary stuff at night so we will do our own thing. This will be part of Charlie's graduation gift. I feel bad he probably will miss everything. If we get there in the fall then I will probably keep some of the days anyway. We will drive so we can do some house hunting also.
This will be a wonderful graduation gift for Charlie. It will be interesting to see what happens with the travel industry when this is all over. I think people will be very anxious to go anywhere that isn't home.

Very very scary, a person in our office building tested positive. I was not there when that person left sick, but too close for comfort for me.
That is terrifying. Prayers that you and your family stay safe.

So, another not so good nights sleep...….this cough is relentless, but I don't think it`s the dreaded 19. I think it`s a regular cold, which is weird as I had a bad cough for two weeks in January too after not having a cough or cold for years. I do think I feel better today, just watching my two for any symptoms.
So sorry you aren't feeling well. I hate having a cough. Prayers foor a speedy recovery.

Potato chips, dip and all things savoury for me........my two are into all the baked goods and chocolate!
I tend to indulge in both One of my friends posted this to facebook yesterday.
We moved our May trip to November 13 - 26 HRH family suite. It will be our first time at HRH. It is my favorite time of year anyway. Seems like everyone is aiming for fall. We may all run across each other.
I am so envious of the trips everyone is planning. My husband wants to stay at HRH the next time we go.

Had on of those nights, woke up at 3:30 and don’t think I dropped back off until 5ish.
This happens to me far too often. On the plus side, I have found some good shows on at that hour.

Congrats on your Universal trip. We were there last year but are chickens and didn’t go to HHN nights lol.
I'll join you in the chicken club. I do not like tp be scared and I absolutely hate having someone jump out at me.

Hello everyone! Recently joined the boards after reading on and off for about a decade! I'm currently in Virginia.
Hello. I forgot to say welcome to the group.

Good to see you Mac. Hope you are better soon.

We just had a lovely moment in all the madness in the UK.

There was a campaign for everyone in the United Kingdom, at 8pm tonight to stand outside, lean out of windows, go on balconies and clap, cheer, shout and whoop in support of our wonderful NHS staff and carers who are all working so hard for us during this crisis.

It was a little overwhelming to hear the support our wonderful doctors, nurses and everyone else who is at work while we stay home.
That's awesome. I love hearing positive stories in the midst of all the negativity.

Tomorrow I need to venture out to the grocery store again. I really hope they are better stocked than they were last week.

@Lynne G jealous of your sun. Its been quite dreary here. Pouring rain and sometimes I noticed a bit of slush mixed in.
I love sausage, we had nice ones from the butcher last night. Tonight stuffed pork chop. Scalloped potato.

@schumigirl We have that here at 7:00. Everyone bangs pots, air horn or whatever they have.

@mckennarose I can see how frustrating that would be. The workers should be isolating when they get home from work. Today our govt made it mandatory to isolate for 2 weeks if you’re returning home from a foreign country. They can fine or jail you for noncompliance. I read a city just north? Of NYC has a high number of cases.
You would have loved the Italian shop near where my mom used to live, in N. Miami Beach years ago. They had the best ever sausages. It was one of my must do’s when I went down to visit. They made their own. So yummy.

@Charade67 enjoy your weekend! Sounds like a well deserved one!
Last night didn’t find much on, so watched Star Trek and Andromeda lol. I’m a card carrying member of The Chicken Club! Lol. Welcome!
I‘ve seen lots of funny posts on FB lately. One said every 3 days get out of your sweats and put your jeans on to make sure you can still close them!

@macraven:flower3: hope you’re feeling better soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!