Something About Nothing............ #14

Sue
Got that suitcase packed yet?
Hope your mammogram comes out with a good normal report

Pumpkin
That sucks about no prior info from the company the store is closing
It would have been kind if the company would have informed the employees first instead of reading about it online

Lynne
No 4 day work weeks until late May?
:sad2:
That’s sad.....
Use a sick day to shorten one of your work weeks

charade
Hope you don’t get snow where it makes it dangerous to drive to work
How was the chocolate cake your husband brought home?

Mrose
It seems like you have been a part of the San for months
You still have more to meet as some of the homies drop in every so often

We always say once a person posts in the San, they are connected to us for life

I hope I have not over looked any posters
It’s just I have not read back to count noses yet

Hope all have a good night
Leaving the porch light on for the night shift here

Sue
Got that suitcase packed yet?
Hope your mammogram comes out with a good normal report

Pumpkin
That sucks about no prior info from the company the store is closing
It would have been kind if the company would have informed the employees first instead of reading about it online

Lynne
No 4 day work weeks until late May?
:sad2:
That’s sad.....
Use a sick day to shorten one of your work weeks

charade
Hope you don’t get snow where it makes it dangerous to drive to work

Mrose

We always say once a person posts in the San, they are connected to us for life

I hope I have not over looked any posters
It’s just I have not read back to count noses yet

Hope all have a good night
Leaving the porch light on for the night shift here

:wave2:

I spy!!!!

DianeyLifePapioNe, do you have a nickname we can use for you?
Or a shorten version of your disboards name?

In order for me to correct the spelling error of your name in this post, I would have to delete it and rewrite it

Using my phone on the the threads takes as long as watching paint dry
Lol
I have not figured out how to cut and paste with the iPhone
Yes, I am blonde

I spy!!!!

DianeyLifePapioNe, do you have a nickname we can use for you?
Or a shorten version of your disboards name?

In order for me to correct the spelling error of your name in this post, I would have to delete it and rewrite it

Using my phone on the the threads takes as long as watching paint dry
Lol
I have not figured out how to cut and paste with the iPhone
Yes, I am blonde

:rotfl2:

How about this, I know one person in the Sans family that knows my name, I don’t recall anyone else knowing for sure.......?

Hello everyone!!!

I’m Scott!!

Pumpkin......sorry about the job news. It’s never good to hear about job losses. Selfishly, I’m glad it doesn’t affect you much, but, such a shame for all employees. I know in the UK over the last few years we’ve lost many high street names that have been around for years.....I’m sure Pier1 will be missed.

Lynne......hope your weather gets a little warmer soon and you still get your midday walk.......wrap up warm!!

Charade, early check is such a good thing. Especially with family history. I had my first one couple of years ago, and had my second three weeks ago.......not the most pleasant thing to do, but not as bad as some folks can make it out to be. I had one lady try and “prepare“ me in the waiting area for the first one, tell me how dreadful it was for everyone.......Yep, wasn’t that bad at all. But best of all.....results were excellent!! That’s all we want to hear isn’t it. And always good to see a little baby.........

mrose......lol.......I‘ll send some over next time........they were lush!!

mac......I tend to call Scott......DLPN........just seemed easier!! Yes, autocorrect goes into overdrive with names like that......lol......

DLPN.......would that be me??? Lol.......yes, most of us that have known one another a long time, know each others real names, but tend not to use them unless we have the ok......I hadn’t asked you when we met if I could use your real name, so didn’t use it......I do like to know the real names though....i

Didn‘t make it back on here last night. Oops.

Had a lovely dinner with our Wednesday group, and food was so good. Restaurant said they’re going to open longer a little earlier this year, mid March, which is good for us. But, after dinner we left and 6 out of 8 of us went to the local pub in one of our friends villages.......and a Wednesday night is pub quiz night!

I‘m not a competitive person at all........except....:duck:.....quiz nights!!! Oh my goodness, I never realised how bad I was.....

But, we won......:cheer2: and it was because Tom and I knew the answer to a very obscure question about F1!! Not one other team knew the answer.......yes, we were a little smug!! We were called Bubbly Personalities last night......I think this group we always seem to have a wine based name......lol......

So, we got home a little later than planned.....our cab driver didn't seem to know how to press the accelerator to build up some speed!! But, we do have a lot of windy country lanes, even so they are well lit for the most part.

Grocery shopping this morning, lazy afternoon then a meal out with two friends. So, it`ll be steak tonight.......no wonder I`ll never be skinny!

Yeah, getting squished is no fun, but at least you'll have that done for the year, Sue. And nice color of nail polish. And Woot! Packing is almost done. One more sleep.

Charade, yeah, I've been known to fall asleep with TV or iPad playing in the evenings. Hope your snow is not too many inches. Yeah, around here, we all know how to drive in snow, and have all season tires, but the mention of snow, and we get on the news, grocery store aisles shown bare of bread and milk.

And so, the cold weather has arrived. Weather guy said, it will be a winter day feeling. Sigh. 32 out said the car. And with an almost happy voice, the weather guy said, and tomorrow, the temperature will be 12. Sigh. And he said, mostly cloudy day, with bits of sun. Hey, I am hoping a bit of sun comes during my lunchtime walk. Enough cold wind, and it felt chilly this morning. Hence, properly doing the thirsty Thursday. Tea has already been filling my cup twice. Highly thinking of filling it again. And yes, the heater is cranking nicely. The indoor temp, is just not warm enough for me, and I have a sweater on. Sigh.

Enjoy your Thursday, and drink up, tomorrow Sue will be enjoying that Mexican heat, Keisha is hopefully still enjoying her get away, and hope Pumpkin and those feeling this cold, warm feeling.

And yes! 475190

Totally happy Thirsty Thursday to each homie. Drink up, it's good for ya.

:laughing:

475191 :)

:woohoo:A :dogdance:post!

:rockband:

And yes Mac, no 3 or 4 day Holiday week-ends anytime soon, but you can bet, I will be making 3 day weekends before that, holiday or not. Thinking next week may be a good time to start that. We'll see.

And nice to know DisneyLife's name. Guess you know my name. Though the picture is an old one of my little one.

Last edited:

Pumpkin......sorry about the job news. It’s never good to hear about job losses. Selfishly, I’m glad it doesn’t affect you much, but, such a shame for all employees. I know in the UK over the last few years we’ve lost many high street names that have been around for years.....I’m sure Pier1 will be missed.

Lynne......hope your weather gets a little warmer soon and you still get your midday walk.......wrap up warm!!

Charade, early check is such a good thing. Especially with family history. I had my first one couple of years ago, and had my second three weeks ago.......not the most pleasant thing to do, but not as bad as some folks can make it out to be. I had one lady try and “prepare“ me in the waiting area for the first one, tell me how dreadful it was for everyone.......Yep, wasn’t that bad at all. But best of all.....results were excellent!! That’s all we want to hear isn’t it. And always good to see a little baby.........

mrose......lol.......I‘ll send some over next time........they were lush!!

mac......I tend to call Scott......DLPN........just seemed easier!! Yes, autocorrect goes into overdrive with names like that......lol......

DLPN.......would that be me??? Lol.......yes, most of us that have known one another a long time, know each others real names, but tend not to use them unless we have the ok......I hadn’t asked you when we met if I could use your real name, so didn’t use it......I do like to know the real names though....i

Didn‘t make it back on here last night. Oops.

Had a lovely dinner with our Wednesday group, and food was so good. Restaurant said they’re going to open longer a little earlier this year, mid March, which is good for us. But, after dinner we left and 6 out of 8 of us went to the local pub in one of our friends villages.......and a Wednesday night is pub quiz night!

I‘m not a competitive person at all........except....:duck:.....quiz nights!!! Oh my goodness, I never realised how bad I was.....

But, we won......:cheer2: and it was because Tom and I knew the answer to a very obscure question about F1!! Not one other team knew the answer.......yes, we were a little smug!! We were called Bubbly Personalities last night......I think this group we always seem to have a wine based name......lol......

So, we got home a little later than planned.....our cab driver didn't seem to know how to press the accelerator to build up some speed!! But, we do have a lot of windy country lanes, even so they are well lit for the most part.

Grocery shopping this morning, lazy afternoon then a meal out with two friends. So, it`ll be steak tonight.......no wonder I`ll never be skinny!

View attachment 475173

Yes that would be you!!!!!

:wave2:

Good morning and welcome to snow day. The snow is supposed to start around 1:00. I think right now the prediction is a coating to 2 inches. Eight years ago today we had 8 inches.

It was okay. It was more like a pound cake. I prefer regular cake with lots of frosting.

I think I have been getting mammograms since I was 40. Lucky me also got to start getting colonoscopies earlier than normal because my mother had colon cancer in addition to the breast cancer.

Charade, yeah, I've been known to fall asleep with TV or iPad playing in the evenings. Hope your snow is not too many inches. Yeah, around here, we all know how to drive in snow, and have all season tires, but the mention of snow, and we get on the news, grocery store aisles shown bare of bread and milk.
You would think people around here would know how to drive in it, but that isn't the case. I'm wondering if we will get many clients cancelling today.

I think Lynne is the only one here who knows my real name. I tend to stick to the screen names because it is just easier for me.

Gotta get to work soon.

Ugh! It's 21 degrees this morning!.
Sue, please, please, please let me stow away in your suitcase! I'm petite, I don't take up much room and just give me a bottle of wine and I won't make a sound on the flight. :rotfl:

Pumpkin, I'm really sorry to hear about your job loss. I had no idea Pier 1 filed bankruptcy. So far our store is not on the list.

Schumi, it sounds like you had a fun evening!

Charade, I hope you don't get much snow. Our friend who lived in TN for a while told us they don't have trucks and road treatments for snow like we do up here. He said it can get really slippery if the south gets snow because they have no way to treat or plow it. Is that the same where you live?

And with an almost happy voice, the weather guy said, and tomorrow, the temperature will be 12.
Ack! That means we'll probably have 0-5 degrees. I'm going to cry now...
But, we have hockey tickets for tomorrow night so I guess it's fitting. I like cold weather for hockey games.

Mrose
It's really nice here. I know I probably still mix up names, but I'm getting better. I just learned that DLPN's name is Scott and likes to hoard scones from Schumi... (J/K!)

Hope everyone is doing well.

Ugh! It's 21 degrees this morning!.
View attachment 475201
Sue, please, please, please let me stow away in your suitcase! I'm petite, I don't take up much room and just give me a bottle of wine and I won't make a sound on the flight. :rotfl:

Pumpkin, I'm really sorry to hear about your job loss. I had no idea Pier 1 filed bankruptcy. So far our store is not on the list.

Schumi, it sounds like you had a fun evening!

Charade, I hope you don't get much snow. Our friend who lived in TN for a while told us they don't have trucks and road treatments for snow like we do up here. He said it can get really slippery if the south gets snow because they have no way to treat or plow it. Is that the same where you live?

Ack! That means we'll probably have 0-5 degrees. I'm going to cry now...
But, we have hockey tickets for tomorrow night so I guess it's fitting. I like cold weather for hockey games.

It's really nice here. I know I probably still mix up names, but I'm getting better. I just learned that DLPN's name is Scott and likes to hoard scones from Schumi... (J/K!)

Hope everyone is doing well.

I’m expecting a shipment from Schumi anytime now......

I told Mac I had $20 for bus gas the other day..........maybe we can all meet up where it’s warm and a place we love for some of those Scones......how’s Universal Orlando sound!?!?!?!?!?

Let me go check if my package has arrived yet from across the pond.....:rolleyes1

Lynne......that is bloomin cold!!! Tea is a good winter warmer!!

mrose......Yep, brilliant evening......I’m lucky to have so many friends that are so much fun!!! We have the best laughs and giggles......hope you stay warm too!

No baking today......and heading out soon to meet our friends for a cocktail before dinner. Won‘t be a late night as they leave early hours for a flight back to America tomorrow.....but, we’ll still have a nice time.

Enjoyed not cooking last couple of nights......will plan to make something nice and homely tomorrow.......I have all day to rustle something up.......I do enjoy cooking, I just also enjoy eating out.

Sun is shining here, but still windy......

Last edited:
McK, yeah, my Dsis lives about 1 driving hours or so, North of me, and her temps are always 2 or 3 degrees lower than mine. And yay, for hockey tickets. Yep, winter sport for sure.

Enjoy your night out, Schumi. Yep, I don't mind cooking dinner, but enjoy going out too.

Almost time for lunchtime walk. Sigh, no sun to be had. Windy here too, it seems. I'll be bundled up.

Yeah, getting squished is no fun, but at least you'll have that done for the year, Sue. And nice color of nail polish. And Woot! Packing is almost done. One more sleep.

And so, the cold weather has arrived. Weather guy said, it will be a winter day feeling. Sigh. 32 out said the car. And with an almost happy voice, the weather guy said, and tomorrow, the temperature will be 12. Sigh. And he said, mostly cloudy day, with bits of sun. Hey, I am hoping a bit of sun comes during my lunchtime walk. Enough cold wind, and it felt chilly this morning. Hence, properly doing the thirsty Thursday. Tea has already been filling my cup twice. Highly thinking of filling it again. And yes, the heater is cranking nicely. The indoor temp, is just not warm enough for me, and I have a sweater on. Sigh.

Enjoy your Thursday, and drink up, tomorrow Sue will be enjoying that Mexican heat, Keisha is hopefully still enjoying her get away, and hope Pumpkin and those feeling this cold, warm feeling.
View attachment 475189

And yes! View attachment 475190

Totally happy Thirsty Thursday to each homie. Drink up, it's good for ya.

:laughing:

View attachment 475191 :)

:woohoo:A :dogdance:post!

:rockband:
DB589496-5C14-4DCF-8966-27DAEDF5E1B4.jpeg

Funny that picture kind of reminds me of our dogs!!!

I was eating a cookie when I took this pic lol!!

I could read their minds.......

Do ya wanna see a trick do ya do ya???

Drop that cookie we can make it disappear........ :rotfl2:

Oh yeah, DisneyLife, I had two Labs and Boxer. Ask my DH how the Boxer got his steak off the countertop. Cookies weren't the only food they wanted to enjoy. LOL Pretty dogs. Mine were both yellow, actually the female was golden.

No snow for me in GA but a ton of rain now
which could turn into snow flurries anytime as temps are dropping

Last night trucks were putting brine on the roads due to possible change of weather

We do not have any snow plows in my area so brine is the only thing possible to help the roads when icy or the rare chance of snow

weather here is crazy this month
Another neighbor mowed his lawn 4 days ago
No chance anyone mowing here today!
Hahahahaha

Some topics we have I don’t reply to and some hits close to home for me
I keep up with yearly mammograms as had my first surgery when I was 22
It can be a life saver.
Digital testing is not painful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!