Something About Nothing............ #14

For newbies here, buckeev was a daily regular poster some years back and now with his work schedule, he drops in briefly with a wave to us....
:fish:
...Work...and dealin' with four elderly parents-of which all 4 decided to become elderly at the same time. :charac2:

My Sweet Bride and I do have a little break scheduled for the first week of April though...headed to our 1st stay in our Copper Creek DVC. (after two years of ownership!) First time to spend my birthday in Orlando! :cake:

L8TR GTRS
(See kids...I'm techo-kool!) :badpc:

I missed pizza!!! Darn it...….🍕🍕🍕🍕

We had the wildest weather last night.....strange as the storm was supposed to have subsided........we were wakened many times with it. So, feeling quite tired today.

Checked round the property earlier, well, not me...…:blush: and no damage anywhere thankfully.

Lunch today is quite dull......scrambled egg whites and avocado.....Tom`s having french bread filled with honey ham and strong cheddar.......dinner is home made beef burgers, potato wedges and I`m making a little sweet and spicy coleslaw......

No idea what we`ll do the rest of the day now......

:wave2:

Quick good morning.

Buckeev - An Orlando birthday will be wonderful. I really enjoyed the one I had at Universal. Now I would like to spend a birthday at Disney.

Schumi - I can never sleep during a strong storm. Dh, on the other had, will get up the next morning and say, "What storm?"

Need to get to work. Not looking forward to dealing with people today.

The only thing I miss about Monday when I worked was all the cakes and homemade treats staff would bring into the break room

Many made sweets, cakes, pies, cookies, fudge to the break room for all to take

They overate at home Sunday on the sweets and wanted it out of the house

I’m thinking of the lemon meringue pie this morning

Hope all the homies have a great week!

Wondering how our Keishashadow is doing this week at the motherland

I keep meaning to send her a note to remember use the sunscreen
But it’s late night when I start to do it ....
Like near midnight so I put it off

Don’t want her phone to ring and wake her up
(already been warned....oops)

Lazy Monday sounds good Lynne........

Charade, I can sleep through some storms, but usually not. Last nights was just mainly high winds, but so loud! You’re back at work today! Glad you’re doing better.......

Vicki........:cheer2: :wave2:

mac, I’m wary of sending emails too early in the morning here in case folks on the other side of the world have their phones close with an email alert......I’ve sometimes pressed send and then thought oh heck.......but most are like me and don’t have phones or iPads beside their bed at night.......I hope!!!

DLPN.......yes, what folks on the ships have had to put up with is awful.....there’s a British couple been on a ship for four weeks and are going out of their mind being stuck in tiny cabins all day every day! And no signs of any virus!

Ended up spending the afternoon with a friend. She called and asked if I fancied a get together. I think Tom spent his time in the room with the biggest tv watching Sci fi nonsense.......he had a fabulous day! I did make up his baguette for him before I left as he was missing out on going for lunch.....I’m a good wife.......::yes::

She picked me up and we did some shopping, had some nice food and generally chatted the day away. she lives in high heels, I have no idea how she can spend all day and not be uncomfortable at all......I had comfy boots on with a sensible heel.......not quite as glamorous looking as she is though!

Now, feet up and some tv for me.......and big mug of tea......

High heels?
Just no....

I ditched all my high heels during my first pregnancy and went to flats

Now I can’t imagine wearing high heels

Girls day out is always loads of fun!
Time really flies by doesn’t it!

lol.....last time I wore proper stiletto shoes......Wham were still #1 in the charts and Elton John was married to a woman!!! Yep.....that’s a long time ago!

I have heels, but nothing like the good old days.......not sure I’d be able to walk in them let alone for any time!! I keep telling her she’s doing her back no favours......she looks at me like I’m 150 years old!!! :rotfl:

Yes, girls days out are the best! I love couple time with other couples too, but do enjoy some time with just girlfriends.......And Tom gets some peace and quiet too......::yes::

Did I miss lemon meringue pie too??? Love it.......

Robo- oh no. I missed the post but saw now you got into fire ants. How awful. I got bit I don’t know how many times years ago when my mom lived in N. Miami Beach. I was standing in line at the kiosk to get a soda, when I felt stinging on my ankle. Looked down and fire ants were all over my feet and ankle. Luckily the beach shower was close by so I ran for it to wash them off. Awful. I loaded up on Benadryl but couldn’t wear shoes at all. Flip flops for rest of trip.

buckeev- Enjoy WL! It’s one of my fav resorts. We stayed there for our last WDW stay. What a great way to spend your birthday! We really enjoyed the new Geyser Point Grill. And the re-done Boulder Ridge Pool. Now I prefer it over main pool.

Mac- excellent idea! Does the bus stop in Canada?

Schumi- Glad there was no damage. I’m always nervous during wind storms. I close the drapes/blinds and don’t look. Hate seeing the big trees swaying.

Mac- yes the treats at work were always nice. I thought I’d loose weight after I retired :rolleyes: ha!

tink- hi!

DisneyLife- what are they doing with the peeps from cruise ship? Are they getting checked out? Awful. I can’t imagine what it was like being quarantined in a tiny cabin for 2 weeks. Especially those in an inside cabin.

Keisha- lucky you weren’t renting from Budget! We usually go with Alamo.
Yay that you got there that day. I guess they didn’t have a plane to switch to? Happened to me once. They couldn’t fix plane and it took hours to find another plane and flight crew. Like late night, ugh. I didn’t think we were going to get out that night.
I didn’t know that about Mike Nesmith! Wow.
What time did you get to DHS for Rise of Resistance?

Lynne- lucky for me neither of my labs were jumpers. One was a Hudini and loved to figure out how to open things lol. Both loved to sleep in bed during cold weather.

Charade- we both have too many of those sleepless nights, ugh. Have you tried Melatonin and Magnesium? I’m finding it helpful. Can’t remember if I mentioned it before. So if I had, sorry!

MRose- sometimes spontaneous is the most fun! I do love the longer days, but hate time change. There’s been lots of talk about entire west coast going on 1 time. From British Columbia to California. But so far it’s just talk. I think the hold up is that the US states have to get federal approval, so that takes awhile.

Robo- nice you had some family time and enjoyed Portofino and Harry Potter! Happy Anniversary! :love:

Bobbie- well wishes for kitty.

Monykalyn- I wish I could say my dogs don’t wake me to go out, but ugh. They do, especially the yorkiepoo. I guess little dog, little bladder. Then he wants up in the bed under the covers. He snuggles next to my thigh. My big dogs never woke me after puppyhood. It’s been an adjustment having smaller dogs!
Are you entering a Chili in the cook off?

Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes for my Mr. We had a nice evening. I think he was shell shocked about the trip, but he’s coming around Lol.

I‘ve pretty much had a lazy morning! Time to get moving! Sort thru what I’m packing for Mexico. Figure out what’s for dinner. Last night skipped dinner. Went out for a huge Chinese lunch, and was still full at dinner time.
Outlander is back on tv! Yay. Anyone else watching?

Robo- oh no. I missed the post but saw now you got into fire ants. How awful. I got bit I don’t know how many times years ago when my mom lived in N. Miami Beach. I was standing in line at the kiosk to get a soda, when I felt stinging on my ankle. Looked down and fire ants were all over my feet and ankle. Luckily the beach shower was close by so I ran for it to wash them off. Awful. I loaded up on Benadryl but couldn’t wear shoes at all. Flip flops for rest of trip.

buckeev- Enjoy WL! It’s one of my fav resorts. We stayed there for our last WDW stay. What a great way to spend your birthday! We really enjoyed the new Geyser Point Grill. And the re-done Boulder Ridge Pool. Now I prefer it over main pool.

Mac- excellent idea! Does the bus stop in Canada?

Schumi- Glad there was no damage. I’m always nervous during wind storms. I close the drapes/blinds and don’t look. Hate seeing the big trees swaying.

Mac- yes the treats at work were always nice. I thought I’d loose weight after I retired :rolleyes: ha!

tink- hi!

DisneyLife- what are they doing with the peeps from cruise ship? Are they getting checked out? Awful. I can’t imagine what it was like being quarantined in a tiny cabin for 2 weeks. Especially those in an inside cabin.

Keisha- lucky you weren’t renting from Budget! We usually go with Alamo.
Yay that you got there that day. I guess they didn’t have a plane to switch to? Happened to me once. They couldn’t fix plane and it took hours to find another plane and flight crew. Like late night, ugh. I didn’t think we were going to get out that night.
I didn’t know that about Mike Nesmith! Wow.
What time did you get to DHS for Rise of Resistance?

Lynne- lucky for me neither of my labs were jumpers. One was a Hudini and loved to figure out how to open things lol. Both loved to sleep in bed during cold weather.

Charade- we both have too many of those sleepless nights, ugh. Have you tried Melatonin and Magnesium? I’m finding it helpful. Can’t remember if I mentioned it before. So if I had, sorry!

MRose- sometimes spontaneous is the most fun! I do love the longer days, but hate time change. There’s been lots of talk about entire west coast going on 1 time. From British Columbia to California. But so far it’s just talk. I think the hold up is that the US states have to get federal approval, so that takes awhile.

Robo- nice you had some family time and enjoyed Portofino and Harry Potter! Happy Anniversary! :love:

Bobbie- well wishes for kitty.

Monykalyn- I wish I could say my dogs don’t wake me to go out, but ugh. They do, especially the yorkiepoo. I guess little dog, little bladder. Then he wants up in the bed under the covers. He snuggles next to my thigh. My big dogs never woke me after puppyhood. It’s been an adjustment having smaller dogs!

Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes for my Mr. We had a nice evening. I think he was shell shocked about the trip, but he’s coming around Lol.

I‘ve pretty much had a lazy morning! Time to get moving! Sort thru what I’m packing for Mexico. Figure out what’s for dinner. Last night skipped dinner. Went out for a huge Chinese lunch, and was still full at dinner time.
Outlander is back on tv! Yay. Anyone else watching?

They had a plane arrive a week or so ago with 57 people going to a reserve base just outside of town about 20-30 minutes and we have a med center that is setup for this type of stuff I guess.

They go to the base for 2 week quarantine, today though I believe it was 6 people that came off and are going directly to the med center and will be quarantined there under care.

Nasty stuff going around........

Too close to home.......

I hope everyone gets taken care of though.

Quick drive by-
Nah I volunteer at it-5th year as Aisle ambassador - have 6-7 teams I shepherd through the day, collect money from the tip jars, tickets for people choice chili and generally help solve issues that come up. Our local sertoma clubs put it on every year-this is year 39. I am Chairman for our local women only club (president last year).

And DD just called to say she got accepted to her 3rd DCP! Was very quick this time, she was hoping not to hear for a couple weeks-at least until after Seattle in 2 weeks to see if it would work to defer grad school until january or march (the school is on the quarter system). But her friend she persuaded to apply also got in! She's excited for him too. She is gonna have a some hard decisions to make very very soon.

ack I need to work and stop procrastinating!!

Hellos to all the SANS peeps!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts