Something About Nothing............ #14

Is the sloe gin in the pies or in you....

You don’t have much longer before the family vacation!
It is wonderful that Kyle will be on this upcoming trip with you and Tom!
I hope it is all sunshine and no rain while you are in Orlando.

Been a rain off and on today
Did errands, doc appt, out for lunch this afternoon, and now chillin with the tv
and cats.

Noticed the other night people have Christmas decorations up
Some houses are elaborate with the zillion of lights ...

Each year home decorations start early as in a few weeks after Halloween

Hope all the homies are doing fine and have a great weekend.

lol.....I won’t waste in on sweet pies again that’s for sure! I’ve yet to find a dessert or cake with alcohol in it I do like......just not for me. Which is strange as I do like to drink it now and again.........she says holding a glass of Malbec......:rotfl:

Yes, 6 more sleeps......Kyle has a Monday to work and he’s done till Dec 16th. Excited......yes, just a little.......::yes::

Sounds a nice relaxing evening ahead for you!

We have a new weather warning for next few days.......lots and lots of rain.....no plans to go out tomorrow.....putting all our trees and indoor decorations up......bit early for us, but I’m excited to be doing that tomorrow.

-9C Sue. We don’t use F over here, but I sometimes use it on here.

We don’t use F either, but I also will convert temps here, as you do. But wasn’t sure if you were using F or C in that post. Brrrr -9 is cccold!

Patty no I don’t sent many Christmas Cards anymore with the ecard service I get it makes mailing cards redundant. I send a few, and give cards to a few friends here. That’s it.

Charade sorry about your client.

Pumpkin yay for warmer temps! And Lynne yay for a full nest!

Sorta catching up. I don’t know what to say about that skirt lol!

We got a new tv this week. An early Christmas present for us. I was all set on a Samsung 55’ at Costco. So brought DH along to help get it home. I take him into Costco to show him which one I wanted. First thing he sees is the (Samsung) 65” tv and says why don’t we get the 65”. So we’re now owners of a 65” lol. My daughter and her fiancé came that night to help get it set up, take old 50” downstairs and set up in older daughters rec room. To replace her older 50” set that the HDMI ports died on.
Had a bit of difficulty linking my sound bar but a quick call to Samsung got it all fixed.

It’s been a busy week here. Monday my friend down the lane had us neighbourhood ladies over for a lovely lunch.
Wednesday was the monthly school district retiree luncheon. And Thursday was the monthly ACW meeting. We were collecting shoeboxes filled with goodies to donate to The Mission to Seafarers. ACW stands for Anglican Church Women.

Today I had a doctor appt. nothing earth shattering, I just noticed a soft lump beside my ankle. It’s lymphedema. But he sent me in for blood work just to be sure it isn’t something else.
Then it was doggy grooming day. Sent them into the groomers. Long overdue.
picked them up and gave my groomer a lift home. She lives in my neighborhood.

Tomorrow the usual suspects for dinner. Cooking a rib roast.

Made an appt for winter maintenance for my car, including getting my snow tires on. Finally. Temps are dropping to 40s F. A nip is in the air. Almost Dec, so guess it’s time to get the snows on.

Saturday........and our very early Christmas set up begins today.......the stuff will all be brought out the attic and anywhere else stuff has been stored and this afternoon we’ll begin.......and it’s the most miserable day outside so it won’t feel too early I’m guessing.......

We have heavy rain this morning, hoping it eases off later. Last thing we need is more rain.

Bacon for lunch today.......grilling it in sandwiches with brie and cranberry.....one of our favourite‘s.

Have a great Saturday........

Hope all enjoyed the bacon.....:P Nothing like a Saturday bacon sandwich......

Quite the morning......our fridge freezer in our utility room has stopped working......it’s only 3 years old. Thankfully nothing spoiled......but we have another fridge freezer, chest freezer, small fridge and a wine fridge to fall back on.....lol.....

Have already ordered a new one, to be delivered Monday AM.....quick service....it is huge so I’m hoping the new one will be able to be fit through the doors the way this one did, they did have to take it an awkward way and the delivery guys weren’t happy.....till we tipped them well!!

One tree up......got the largest one done......12 feet and goodness knows how many lights......half way through the tree in the hall, this one takes forever for some reason......stopping for glass of sparkly and a much nicer sweet mince pie......no sloe gin in these ones.....:thumbsup2 and listening to Christmas songs........not a bad way to spend a day, rainy miserable Saturday..........

Good morning. Didn't sleep well last night, so I didn't want to get up this morning.

B is home for the week. She has mentioned a new friend several times this semester. Dh met the friend when he picked her up yesterday, Yep, a boy, I asked dh if he thought he was a boyfriend or just a friend. He says right now they appear to be just friends, but who knows what may happen. He did give her a copy of Avengers Endgame on 4K. I was able to get a first name out of her and also that he is currently from Miami, FL, but is originally from Guatemala.

It looks like in addition to pies I will also be providing mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving. My friends who are hosting have also invited another friend of theirs and her children. She has them all on a very strict diet. I think they are dairy, gluten, egg, and nut free. She will bring side items that they can eat, which means bland, boring food. I offered to bring a side dish since my friends are going to be providing most of the main meal. They suggested potatoes. I have never made mashed potatoes from scratch before, so I hope they turn out okay. I found a recipe to make them in the crock pot. It looked pretty good. I warned dh that they will not be weight watcher friendly. I now need to purchase a potato masher.

Sue - Your dh sounds like mine. We have a 60" or 65", but he would buy even bigger if I let him. (We just don't have the room for something bigger.) Is yours a 4K?

Schumi - Darn, I missed the bacon. We might start decorating today. I just hope the cat will leave the tree alone.

Guess I should get up and start being productive. I've got a couple more loads of laundry to do and also another gift to wrap.

Charade.....Thankfully we don‘t have any animals to destroy any of our trees or decorations......must be a lot of work to to keep them away......we have a friend, a very good friend who has a vegan for a sister.....she visits periodically from Germany....I won’t cater for her. Sounds mean, but she had been seen in our local cafe with a bacon sandwich....but if she ever does visit she brings her own food......bland and tasteless about describes it perfectly.....You‘ve never made mashed potatoes?? Simple.....boil until tender, around 15 minutes, drain and mash or rice with loads of butter and a little hot milk......buy a ricer and use that, so much smoother......

Still procrastinating about moving to finish second of four trees.......think it’ll be tomorrow now......shouldn’t have had the sparkly......:rolleyes1

Half the fun of decorating for the holiday is having the sparkly while you work ....

Everything looks great when you have plenty of sips of sparkly

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Gotta love some sparkly........

I think we’ve given up for today........second tree done and it’s pitch black outside.........time to enjoy them.

Although after tonight we‘re not putting any of the lights on trees on until we come home......but, plan to watch our first Christmas movie of the year......Trading Places.......then no more till we come home.

We had takeout last night, but now not in the mood to cook, so guys will go for Chinese tonight......all four of us like that, easy choice.

It is feeling very Christmassy now........:santa:

Thankfully we don‘t have any animals to destroy any of our trees or decorations......must be a lot of work to to keep them away
Last year he was pretty good about not bothering the tree, so I am hoping he will be the same this year. If necessary we have something called scat mats we can put around the tree. We did have one sweet moment last year.
You‘ve never made mashed potatoes??
Only from a box. I know, pathetic. The recipe I found has the potatoes being cooked in chicken broth and adds lots of butter and cream cheese.

Last year he was pretty good about not bothering the tree, so I am hoping he will be the same this year. If necessary we have something called scat mats we can put around the tree. We did have one sweet moment last year.
View attachment 454281

Only from a box. I know, pathetic. The recipe I found has the potatoes being cooked in chicken broth and adds lots of butter and cream cheese.

Even as a non cat person (is that even a thing) that is a cute picture......sounds like a good recipe too....never put cream cheese in mash before. Butter is definitely a must have......takes no time at all to make them, you‘ll be fine.......

Now I want mash........doesn’t quite go with hot and spicy Szechuan chicken and shrimp.........

Lol Schumi I recall you mentioning the vegan before! Rainy grey day here, but we have the misty rain. On & off. I managed to dash out to the back to clip some red berries off the shrubs and a small evergreen limb for my dining table for tonight’s dinner. The usual suspects plus a friend out visiting from St. John’s, Nfld.
Tonights menu is standing rib roast, mashed potatoes (lol) carrots with maple, and a salad DH is making.

Charade the kitty under the tree is so sweet. We had a cat who loved to curl up under the tree too. Never bothered it. Just loved to sleep underneath.
You'll be fine with the potato’s. I never cooked them in chicken broth, but after draining I’ve added the broth instead of milk, then added butter and cream cheese (sometimes Boursin) or sour cream.

Yes, tv is 4K. Funny how soon you adjust to larger tv. At Costco today we passed the tv Dept and DH was looking at a LG 55”. I said how funny that now 55” looks so small, he said he thought it was a 40”

Last edited:
I could have sworn I smelled bacon cooking when I got up to feed the cats a few minutes ago

Must have been Schumi cooking this morning

Hope all the homies have a great Sunday!

Mid season ending for Walking Dead tonight

Sunday it is. Kids are asleep, DH is out the door, and oh so quiet house. Tea, not sparkly, oh well. Enjoying tea on this rainy cool Sunday.

Baby shower yesterday, came home with a bottle of white wine and a cute wine glass. Raffle winner. Lots of cute stuff for the new little one coming in January.

I do both make my own mashed and do it from a box. While I do like cream cheese, I am not fond of it in my mashed. Ricer is nice, if I am in a hurry or not in mood, we have more chunky mashed, as I use a fork to smash. I do loaded one sometimes too, when little one is not home, or I save some plain for her. Bacon, cheese and sour cream. Yum, plain or loaded. Hmm, burgers to night. Will have to get some taters, as I have none. That or I will just bake them, cut in half and butter and salt them. Ha, nothing like planning dinner before breakfast has not even been eaten.

Cute cat with tree, Charade.

Later homes. Serene Sunfay

Yes mac....bacon was enjoyed again today......and Tom cooked it this morning, he likes it crispier than me, so yes, the aroma wafted far and wide...….have a great Sunday....

Lynne......potato in a box???? Never heard of that one before......not sure I`d like that.....fresh for us every time. I must google that......glad you had a nice baby shower...…

Miserable Sunday weather wise......grey and foggy......perfect day to be inside again.

After breakfast, we made a start on the other christmas trees and decorations.....almost done. Just a few little odds and ends to finish off, will do that over next few days.

Steaks for dinner tonight......simple and easy.......

Have a great Sunday.......

Good morning. I woke up at 4 this morning and didn’t get back to sleep until around 7. Dh woke me up a few minutes ago to tell me he was going to get a shower and get ready for church. Don’t know why he couldn’t wait until after his shower to wake me.

No plans for this afternoon. I ordered a couple of pair of pants that arrived yesterday. I might go to the mall and see if I can find shirts to go with them. I need to do that before Friday.

I’ve never had cream cheese in potatoes before, but want to give it a try. I think I need to pick up a second potato peeler so I can recruit someone to help me on Thursday.

I could have sworn I smelled bacon cooking when I got up to feed the cats a few minutes ago

Must have been Schumi cooking this morning

Hope all the homies have a great Sunday!

Mid season ending for Walking Dead tonight
yikes, seems like the season just started. Wonder if Sadiq is really Dead? Now time to brush up on Fear I guess. Can’t remember where it left off.

Sunday it is. Kids are asleep, DH is out the door, and oh so quiet house. Tea, not sparkly, oh well. Enjoying tea on this rainy cool Sunday.

Baby shower yesterday, came home with a bottle of white wine and a cute wine glass. Raffle winner. Lots of cute stuff for the new little one coming in January.

I do both make my own mashed and do it from a box. While I do like cream cheese, I am not fond of it in my mashed. Ricer is nice, if I am in a hurry or not in mood, we have more chunky mashed, as I use a fork to smash. I do loaded one sometimes too, when little one is not home, or I save some plain for her. Bacon, cheese and sour cream. Yum, plain or loaded. Hmm, burgers to night. Will have to get some taters, as I have none. That or I will just bake them, cut in half and butter and salt them. Ha, nothing like planning dinner before breakfast has not even been eaten.

Cute cat with tree, Charade.

Later homes. Serene Sunfay
I did mine last night with sour cream. Used potato masher. I used the thin skin yellow potatoes and leave the skin on. congrats on winning! I never win anything!

Yes mac....bacon was enjoyed again today......and Tom cooked it this morning, he likes it crispier than me, so yes, the aroma wafted far and wide...….have a great Sunday....

Lynne......potato in a box???? Never heard of that one before......not sure I`d like that.....fresh for us every time. I must google that......glad you had a nice baby shower...…

Miserable Sunday weather wise......grey and foggy......perfect day to be inside again.

After breakfast, we made a start on the other christmas trees and decorations.....almost done. Just a few little odds and ends to finish off, will do that over next few days.

Steaks for dinner tonight......simple and easy.......

Have a great Sunday.......
I like my bacon crispy too. And DH not so much lol! We’re the opposite of you and Tom! Breakfast sausage for us this morning!
Good morning. I woke up at 4 this morning and didn’t get back to sleep until around 7. Dh woke me up a few minutes ago to tell me he was going to get a shower and get ready for church. Don’t know why he couldn’t wait until after his shower to wake me.

No plans for this afternoon. I ordered a couple of pair of pants that arrived yesterday. I might go to the mall and see if I can find shirts to go with them. I need to do that before Friday.

I’ve never had cream cheese in potatoes before, but want to give it a try. I think I need to pick up a second potato peeler so I can recruit someone to help me on Thursday.
I should have logged in. We could’ve kept each other company. I woke up at 4:30 ugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!