Something About Nothing............ #14

@macraven Hope the little one is eventually okay. At least the work will be done eventually. Golden Corral maybe good in your area if it's almost packed to the gills. I've added a few Christmas photos to the picture of the day post I'd add them on here, but I do not know if that is considered a "spoiler", or not, but if anyone is interested they're there.

Good luck with the new system, Mac. Hope kitties come out to play soon after the work is done. Yeah, we had to replace our heater and AC, in the last 6 months. Not my idea of fun.

Yum, that dessert sounds lovely, Schumi, even if from frozen.

Almost time for lunch. Weather guy said will be a cool, breezy day. Guess my lunchtime walk will be quick. Or at least I will walk faster. And going out tonight, so getting those gloves ready.

Great pictures, Dix.

I can't do anything too elaborate anyway for my parents.

Yes- same here. My parents wouldn't accept gifts from us for many years now. Just being together is what they really wanted. My dad passed away 2 1/2 years ago(miss him!!) so yes, being together is truly the greatest gift of all!

I’m hoping work will be done by 3:30 today
so the cat will come out of hiding

I get it! I try to lure all of mine away when workers are coming. They get offended at being "put" somewhere!

Made an apple and blackberry crumble....well, the lady farmer next to us made it with some of our apples, and I`ve defrosted it......same thing really......lol......

Sounds scrumptious!! I had a snack of apples with peanut butter but that dessert sounds so much better!!

Bored at work again. Just waiting for lunchtime.

Schumi - I am impressed that you have so much Christmas stuff done already. I have only purchased a few gifts so far. I have no idea what to get B. She hasn’t given me any suggestions yet.
I think she and dh will start working on the Christmas decorations next week.

Lynne - Have fun setting up the new office.

Patty - Do you have Thanksgiving dinner plans in Orlando?

Disxuni - I have given up trying to buy gifts for my mom. She gets a Walmart gift card each year. There’s not much shopping available where she lives.

Mac - I would love to replace the hvac system in my house. The one we have is a bit archaic, but still works well. I’m with you. Any excuse not to cook.

My next door neighbors have already decorated the front of their house. They have large tree in their yard and have wrapped it in clear lights. They apologized to us for how bright it is. I love it. Our neighborhood is too dark, so I welcome the lights.

Charade, our hvac is 12 yo and the original units
Can’t buy Freon where we are once it is Jan 1
Our downstairs unit is close to being out of Freon so we have no choice but to replace entire system and heat pump

Our second floor still has sufficient Freon so we will wait until next fall or the year after before we replace that hvac system

hey all, break time for me from my busy day :)

Have ‘hunk’ of pork in crockpot & chuck roast in the oven. BBQ sauce i made is cooling down, will shred the pork & add nom. Haven’t made pulled pork in ages! Mr won’t touch pork other than ham & bacon, ergo the other roasts.

Will put my bread cubes in oven later to make stuffing croutons. Like a bigger size than the packaged stuff and not found of the extra preservatives, etc.

Sent up a pickup truck load of stuff to DS house. Cooking his Friendsgiving on Saturday, seems like a good third of my kitchen is gone lol. So thankful he’s good with me hosting thanksgiving there, love that long open floor plan he has with room for all :)

Ordered from local Pizza Hut and goodness what a lousy meal ....
Never had a good pizza there, period. My little town of a square mile has at least 5 pizza shops, within 3 miles probably 10 times that. My favorite it all depends on who is making the pizza, the little old grandma in the closest joint is the best!
Keisha, it’s strange, as a young child I remember our tv weather being in Fahrenheit......but all I really remember using is C. Simplest way is if the temp is 5c, double it and add 30, that gives us the F temp. It’s not exact as I’m sure someone will correct me.....but close enough.
Ah, nice method. Thank God for the converters on the internet. This time of year lots of good sales on BluRays at the UK amazon site, they took off the automatic pounds/$ conversion. One more shopping hoop

Yeah Mac, we have yet to find a good local pizza place. We did have one for some time, but then they changed their red sauce, and no one liked it. So, sometimes we do order from Pizza Hut, but hit or miss as to edible enough for me. Oh well.
Most have closed here, probably due to the infux of indecent shops. No little Cesar’s, dominio, etc.
Happy Taco Tuesday for those who get those tacos! Sorry about your pizza experience, @macraven. I hope you had some chocolate at home to help you afterward.
Chocolate makes everything better. If one piece doesn’t work, rinse & repeat. If that doesn’t work...wash it down with a glass of vino, jack or beer
Lazy night ahead......lunch went on for a while. One of my friends had never seen the Dis, so flicked through a couple of threads to show her what it was like.....she reads the trip reports, but had never ventured into the regular boards.....it was an education for her!!! lol....
Poor dear, tell me you didn’t plop her down into the CB...easily scarred for life. Lol
Good evening everyone. I've gotten several days behind again. I've been dealing with some medical issues. Hopefully nothing serious, but I'm going in for a scan in a couple of weeks just to be sure.
Oh dear, hope all is well. Nothing like having something to worry about during such a busy time of year.

Believe you were thinking of a quick getaway? If not, excuse me hard to keep up here lol. Any forward movement there?
Make your Wednesday be wonderful and find all happy.
Hallmark moment, love it
Yep......managed to get a whole load of Christmas sorted today...….I don't think I`ve ever been so organised.....went out early and made it to the stores for opening and blasted through my very vague list. I do believe I am very much an impulse shopper!!
Oh fine, rub it in lol. I came home with bags full of stuff yesterday on my sojourn but barely made a dent in my list. Going to hit up amazon this weekend & get the basic stuff I buy every years.
The best part of Wednesday is the hump day camel pics!!:goodvibes
Indeed
Last year I tried to get a nice room for Christmas / Anniversary for them (since I could finally afford something like that on my own) since it's the day after Christmas and so they can have a little getaway. My mother refused to accept it so I had to cancel it. It's the thought that counts I suppose. I also got them a nice gift card for their anniversary for Cheesecake Factory before that and that did not go well either (they accepted, but it's a long story on how it went wrong).

So, learned my lesson to just be there for them and give a lot of little things for those special moments. They always stress that it's the thought that counts and that they're grateful I turned out alright ( :laughing: ) and I'm around to help.
I don’t expect my kiddos to buy big for us. I’ve made it clear that we have or buy everything we want or need & to not gift us ‘things’ other than token items.

They finally started to take to heart that GC to any of the MCO parks, SWA, movie theaters or restaurants are most appreciated at this stage of the game.
We have two hvac systems in our two story house

Replacing first floor system (heat and ac)
Next year we will replace the second floor system
.....reminds me of the days when we paid college tuition
Lol
I feel your pain. Hope the kitties calm down once the servicemen leave
I can use any excuse not to cook
Think I should go to Golden Corral for early dinner
Their parking lot is always close to full so assume that means the food is decent
GC is def a hit or miss proposition of the quantity over quality ilk. Used to take my ‘eating machines’ i.e. DSs there to put a dent in the buffet.
No one wants to wear coats, hats and gloves at the darkside
Even when it’s in the low 80s into the 70’s in the parks, even though i’m Usually in shorts or capris from earlier in the day, I always take a stretchy pair of gloves & a hoodie with me into the parks. With all the bodies of water there, it tends to get a decided damp chill.
Fish for dinner tonight, cod loin with shrimps in a white wine and cream sauce......not sure what you guys would call cod loin......much chunkier than a fillet, skinless and boneless too, little baby potatoes too.
A hunk of fish:)? Hehehe no idea, but that does sound pretty fancy. Can’t say i’ve Ever had seafood in a cream sauce now that I think of it.
I've added a few Christmas photos to the picture of the day post I'd add them on here, but I do not know if that is considered a "spoiler", or not, but if anyone is interested they're there.
Made me look lol
Yes- same here. My parents wouldn't accept gifts from us for many years now. Just being together is what they really wanted. My dad passed away 2 1/2 years ago(miss him!!) so yes, being together is truly the greatest gift of all!
Aw, hope you are now able to think of him during this time with less heartache. Mine has been gone for over 32 years end of January. Not a day I don’t miss and think of him but it’s with a smile in my heart now.

He never saw my youngest DS, middle DS was barely 7 months old when he passed. He was off work sick for some time & lived nearby, so I took to making the time to visit him most days after work with my kids. That quiet, gruff man admitted shortly before he did pass that the time he got to spend with them, especially ‘the baby’ were among the happiest in his life. :)

Thanks, @Lynne G! I only got a few pics. However, there is more Christmas to come and...

giphy.gif

@pattyw Sorry about that passing, but I'm glad that you all value the idea of togetherness and being there for each other. Sometimes you just can't help to want to give back.

@Charade67 It's always a plus at least when your mother let's you know what she wants, or you already know ahead of time. For me, I always know at the minimum to give her a gift card for her favorite scrapbooking store down the street. Little "mom and pop" kind of place.

@keishashadow Yep, made you look. Haha. Wine does sound good. Carbs are more my weakness than chocolate. However, if I have dessert I do love me some chocolate. My mother likes the fun of unwrapping and is sentimental, so she likes something tangible. If I had it my way I'd just have them buy me something like a trip. I prefer the experience then the items, but she won't accept that and makes sure my dad won't go too crazy. But oh well, I have to buy all my APs and trips for myself. ;)

Lol.....Keisha......no, didn’t show her the CB......ain’t nobody ready for that!!! Never wander over there......the sauce is very light, more buttery I guess, but delicious.....goes well with fish. Good job on the Amazon goodies.....might look myself, could do with a new blu ray player for the sitting room tv.......

We’ll have hoodies and warmer clothes with us just in case......we hate being cold. What a lovely memory to have of your dad’s thoughts. Nice you got to spend the time with him.

I swear it’s got colder as the night has gone on.....it’s almost 0c now.....but, it’s not frosty.

Almost bedtime here......watched The Apprentice, then an old episode of Mike and Molly......funny show.......

Looks lovely Lynne......that tree looks beautiful.......and I’m a sucker for fake snow!!!

It’s Thursday..........we have one week to go!!!

Today is some grocery shopping and we need to go pick up some Christmas cushions to scatter around the various sofas around the house......ordered them weeks ago and they’re here.....just in time for the trees this weekend.

Feels cold, but not too bad today, least it’s above freezing!

Have a great Thursday.........

Ooh, Schumi is in the countdown mode for both her her holiday trip and for the holidays.

Cool and very dark out. But a quick commute, and still getting used to the new building. Learning where all are located again, and dining what my perfect parking spot is. Since they removed quite a bit of available parking, seems more are being that early bird I am.

Happy Thursday. It is a thirsty one, so drink up to the thought that tomorrow is a Friday. And I have decided, a Friday off is just so appropriate.

So ready for tea. May you enjoy a drink 🥃 or two, and smile as many times as you sip away today.

Patty - Do you have Thanksgiving dinner plans in Orlando?

Yes- we're having Thanksgiving dinner at The Kitchen at the Hard Rock. They have a buffet, Universal characters, balloon maker, and a magician! Sounds delicious and fun! Then- some park time! :goodvibes

Aw, hope you are now able to think of him during this time with less heartache. Mine has been gone for over 32 years end of January. Not a day I don’t miss and think of him but it’s with a smile in my heart now.

Yes- the memories make me smile now! :) It's still hard for my mom.

Sometimes you just can't help to want to give back.

Yes- I agree. They did so much for us- :)

Lights at the Zoo:

Nice pics!

Feels cold, but not too bad today, least it’s above freezing!

That's great! Same here! In the 40s today!:)

Going to try a new dining buffet for lunch

Sad that it still is morning time and my thoughts are in where to do lunch today
Lol

Not sad at all! You have to plan ahead!!:thumbsup2

Happy Thursday all! Sun and mild temps (for us) today! In the 40s! But we're getting a storm moving in later- rain and high winds! Taking my mom to her weekly salon appointment and dinner later! So Mac- I'm breezing past deciding on lunch and thinking about dinner now!:laughing:

Have a great day all!!

Going to try a new dining buffet for lunch

Sad that it still is morning time and my thoughts are in where to do lunch today
Lol

I think we`re all the same!!!

I`m planning lunch tomorrow already??? Don't even ask...….

Lynne.....we love turkey!!!! Plan to buy three when the fresh ones come out and cook and freeze two of them into portions......always good to carry turkey over into January and February...….

It looks like snow here......it`s not forecast nor predicted, but it has that look outside......grey, dark and the sky is so heavy......

Got a few more gifts this morning, and some goodies for the Christmas freezer......

Made some sloe gin sweet mince pies.....one of the supermarkets have them, so I thought I`d try to make my own again.....haven't tried them yet as they`re just out of the oven. If they`re good I`ll make a load more for the Festive season.......if not, I`ll leave them for the foxes.

Dinner is pork filet stuffed with cranberry something or other and roast potatoes......I tend to overcook pork, so hoping this time I don`t.

3pm and lamps are on...….so dark...….

74C8329E-8362-4332-A6FE-87D911E0C286.jpeg

F5196D32-AF4B-424D-AF58-E0BBECF6429C.jpeg

D3F434C1-ADC8-4D3C-A627-34ABA1834280.jpeg

Morning Sans family :wave2:. Have been busy. Read back a little and looks like everyone has been busy too. Gearing up for trips and Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Had lunch with granddaughter yesterday. She will be graduating with her MBA in 2 weeks. Always so happy to see her as I know she is busy.

Neck still not right so saw doc Tuesday. On steroids. Will see If it helps. If not then some imaging to find out what the cause is.

House decorated for Christmas. Always enjoy putting up Christmas decorations. Makes house so cheerful.

63F3463B-39E0-4395-8E13-224A0248EBFD.jpeg

C6BA06BD-23B5-4A4D-979F-87EA74437A9E.jpeg

A2CAC338-B8F9-4508-BBF0-18B1B2C7F519.jpeg

4587AEDA-4BF9-46D8-93A2-EA6AD75BC601.jpeg

B87F5691-EDE7-49F2-AE6E-C22313CD0E74.jpeg

53AAC3F3-F684-4589-9F74-AD075B014027.jpeg

I finally found a Mouse king ornament for my Nutcracker Tree. Who has a Nutcracker Tree without a Mouse King. Meeeeeeeeeeee....LOL...UNTIL NOW.

We lost last night but OMG the drama. One of the poorest displays of sportsmanship i’ve Ever seen. Make sure to watch a bit until the 2nd camera angle cuts in...have never seen a player beaten down with his own helmet. Our replacement quarterback has already been under concussion protocols this season.

I saw that on the news...........unbelievable, shocking behavior. I feel that the fine and penalty should be so severe that it makes any others who think of ever behaving that way think twice. If I were the owner that guy would never walk on the football field again wearing my teams jersey.

Hello, you beautiful people! After what seems like the longest wait ever, we're down to a mere 7 days. With a bad autoimmune flare, it's been a rough summer and bumpy entry into fall. I took a big step back from social media and just put myself into the bubble of my family and my health. Things are well under control and I'm looking towards Butterbeer, Hogwarts, Hulk and Dr. Doom!

Poohlshome Great to hear you are doing better.....lots of mummy dust being sprinkled over you. Have lots of fun on your vacation.

New tv is wow my games look even clearer, see that shine on the player’s helmet. Sigh.

Lynne what a sweet gift for your son.

Good evening everyone. I've gotten several days behind again. I've been dealing with some medical issues. Hopefully nothing serious, but I'm going in for a scan in a couple of weeks just to be su

Charade sending good thoughts your way that all turns out well with your test.

We leave for Orlando next Tuesday! :sunny:

Yeah, to your upcoming trip to the sunshine state.

Lights at the Zoo:

Pretty pics Lynne

It’s Thursday..........we have one week to go!!!

:dogdance:....yeah.....Schumi it will be here before your know it. Sounds like you have your Christmas shopping in the bag. Always nice to be on top of things for the holidays for sure.

Janet, Patty, Mac and all the other Sans family who will be celebrating the holidays this season without parents....sending lots of :grouphug: your way. Our memories of them are the best gift ever.

My sister who lives in Orlando went to parade at Universal yesterday. Then they went to Disney Springs for the Tree Trail. Trees were beautiful.

My sister gave me a new roast beef recipe to try in crockpot. Will do that this weekend as son and family coming over for dinner Sunday.

Have pedicure appointment today. Then having late lunch with niece and baby great-nephew.

Have a great Thursday everyone.

Last edited:
Gearing up for trips and Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Yay!! :cheer2:

House decorated for Christmas. Always enjoy putting up Christmas decorations. Makes house so cheerful.

WOW!!! You have THE MOST BEAUTIFUL decorations!! Robo, you could charge admission!! :)

Have pedicure appointment today. Then having late lunch with niece and baby great-nephew.

Sounds like a lovely afternoon! Enjoy the pampering and the family!!:goodvibes

Quick post from work. Slow day today, so I am trying to organize one therapist’s files. They are a mess.

Lynne - Love the light pics. I need to find a place to go see lights.

Believe you were thinking of a quick getaway? If not, excuse me hard to keep up here lol. Any forward movement there?
we still haven’t decided yet. I’m leaning towards the Chinese lantern festival.

I’m already thinking about supper tomorrow.

Yes- we're having Thanksgiving dinner at The Kitchen at the Hard Rock. They have a buffet, Universal characters, balloon maker, and a magician! Sounds delicious and fun! Then- some park time! :goodvibes
sounds like a great plan.

Robo - The trees look great.

Almost lunchtime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!