Something About Nothing............ #14

I missed the official birthday, but here @cam757, pretend it’s Alex Ross and Mark James wishing you a happy birthday. 😉

In other news Happy Monday, homies! Thanks for the bacon. *nibbles on some bacon*

I think I smell bacon cooking....

what a great way to start a Monday

It is indeed!!! We don't usually have bacon on a Monday (not sure why not) and it was luverly.......

No rain today.....cold though. Feels like zero C. Lamps were on around 40 minutes ago, quite dark this afternoon.

Got my new spoogles and they are a little stronger for sure, and I can see better on the laptop and ipad for sure......

Finished TR finally!!! Will have to think on the new one now.....10 more sleeps....... :cheer2:

2 # Package of bacon opened sunday, on day 2 of it. Just may fry it up tomorrow vs freeezing it

One of my kids rooted thru one of the large storage closest in spare BR. My parting words to him were “did you put everything back in place?”

Went into room for 1st time today to find something...an hour later I managed to get most things back in place. Yes, he did hear me complain all the way at work.

My smart tv not so smart now. Ugh. I was reading on internet that if Prime app isn’t working (ref for Samsung) to do a hard reset where you hold down power button to turn off. Now nothing works :confused: Ugh.
So no amazon video? You made me look lol mine are still working, maybe certain models? Good luck. Google or maybe email samsung?
-9C Sue. We don’t use F over here, but I sometimes use it on here.
For those of us US peeps who had a week’s introduction in middle school to what the rest of the world runs upon...passed the test, then promptly forgot all about it.

Me too Keisha, forgot most of metric in school. Though I am better with liters and meters general equivalents.

Yum, all that talk of 🥓 . Decided for lunch to make a quick Wawa run. Yum, their gobbler sandwich. Makes me ready for our Thanksgiving meal.

Since older one found a ham steak in the refrigerator, thinking baked beans and either corn or green beans will round out dinner.

Was misty and light rain and feeling very cool outside. And aww, older one came home from school with a hot coffee for me.

Screen time for fun now.

Sundays is our pizza night and we tried a new place yesterday.
Ordered from local Pizza Hut and goodness what a lousy meal ....
(It was worse as leftovers tonight)

Spent the day getting rid of clutter in the house.
Trash can is halfway filled now.
For once, we may have a full trash container during garbage pick up.

Decent temps in the 60’s today but once it hits Tday, it will be coat weather.

I whine when it gets cold but do enjoy having all seasons in GA.
Winter in my area does not necessarily mean snow.

Hope all the homies are doing fine.

We have some that have been missing.
Check in when you can!

Keisha, it’s strange, as a young child I remember our tv weather being in Fahrenheit......but all I really remember using is C. Simplest way is if the temp is 5c, double it and add 30, that gives us the F temp. It’s not exact as I’m sure someone will correct me.....but close enough.

Oh I can hear that conversation!! Kyle has a room for his stargazing stuff......and it’s starting to take it over and even stretch into another room......boxes everywhere!! They‘re neatly stacked boxes.......but......I did have a :crazy: moment to get to the windows to clean the insides the other day!!!

Lynne, never had wawa food.......although I must admit, I’m ready for some turkey.....love it!!!

mac.......Pizza Hut is dreadful over here too.......not somewhere we’d ever use, our local pizza places in nearest town are much better.......least you know not to use them again, shame the meal sucked! I love having a good old clear out.......it’s good for the soul!! We’ve been doing closet clearances last two days......we all got rid of clothes we will never wear again.....including a skirt that with the best will in the world......will never, ever fit me again........not sure why I kept it lol.........

We have -4C this morning. Around 23F I believe. Everything is white around us and looks very beautiful as the sun is shining too....we didn’t plan to go out today, but since it’s a crisp cold as opposed the freezing dampness we had yesterday, that really gets into your bones......we’ll head to town for an hour or so and wander around, pick up a few gifts and admire the Christmas displays in stores. Don’t have much left to get now.......just for us and we’re not planning much this year......don’t need anything, but I’m sure we’ll come up with something.......I may see a new pair of boots today.......:rolleyes1

Making chicken mac n cheese for all of us tonight and some garlic bread.....light on the garlic.....

Have a great Tuesday........

Schumi, your dinners always sound so good to eat. Well, except I am not a curry fan.

Yeah Mac, we have yet to find a good local pizza place. We did have one for some time, but then they changed their red sauce, and no one liked it. So, sometimes we do order from Pizza Hut, but hit or miss as to edible enough for me. Oh well.

And Mac should be having a Taco Bell run, with her jacket on.

Yes, homies, a Tuesday is here. Taco 🌮 Tuesday in fact. Thus, have a 🌮 or 🌮 🌮 and make it with beef, chicken, fish, or other, like Schumi’s mac and cheese.

Nice enough day here. Saying may be seeing a high of 60 on Friday. Woot! Yeah, but most high temps of these November days are seasonal, as in the 50’s. Hey, that means more rain to come, but much better than seeing snow in the forecast.

Happy Taco Tuesday for those who get those tacos! Sorry about your pizza experience, @macraven. I hope you had some chocolate at home to help you afterward.

Good morning, homies! Hope everyone is continuing to stay warm when they go out and about and be safe. The weather is changing again. It's cool today, but tomorrow will start to warm up all the way to 80 for Sat and Sun, but today it says 81 for Sat, but 69 for Sunday now. So, thinking about going to the parks again this weekend on Sun unless my parents have other plans for me.

Last edited:
We are back to normal temps this week
60’s today and 68 - 69 on Thursday

Dix, chocolate we have...left over Halloween candy
All are chocolate bars

Of course it is Taco Bell tonight for us
Fine for me as it is another night I don’t have to cook...

Cats woke up early screaming for food
It’s gonna be a long day for me

Take care homies !
Hope all have a great day

Lynne.....have you decided what to go with for dinner yet? mac n cheese sounds good......

mac......glad weather is getting back to normal.....and still some candy left??? You`re doing good...….

Well, no dinner for us tonight as we ended up meeting our Wednesday lunch group today, last minute decision......everyone is busy tomorrow and won`t be meeting next week so, last one for a while.....food was good and the restaurant we chose had all their Christmas decorations up which was lovely......it did feel very Christmassy....especially as it was so cold today.

Lazy night ahead......lunch went on for a while. One of my friends had never seen the Dis, so flicked through a couple of threads to show her what it was like.....she reads the trip reports, but had never ventured into the regular boards.....it was an education for her!!! lol....

Time for a cuppa......darjeeling I think.......

Good evening everyone. I've gotten several days behind again. I've been dealing with some medical issues. Hopefully nothing serious, but I'm going in for a scan in a couple of weeks just to be sure.

We had a very nice tea for B's birthday. We each ordered a different type of tea and then shared. We had Earl Gray, Darjeeling, and Yorkshire Gold. (I kept wanting to say Yukon Gold, but I think that's a potato.) The Yorkshire Gold was my favorite.

Thinking about calling it an early night. I'm sleepy and dh is watching college football teams that I care nothing about.

1CA728A7-863F-44F7-9D60-40FC2F349EFC.gif
A happy Hump Day to you all.

Clear and cool, and a copy of yesterday’s sun and clouds, but with a stronger cooling wind. Seasonal, so I guess I can live with cool for now.

So, for those keeping that weekday schedule, get over this hump of a day, and yay, Friday and the weekend will be here shortly.

Make your Wednesday be wonderful and find all happy.

Ooh, almost time to check out my new office and unpack. Weee.

Good wishes to you Charade......health issues are always a concern. Yes, I believe that is a potato!!!! Glad you had a nice tea with your daughter.

Lynne......good luck in the new office!!! Hope it`s been a good move for you.....

Wonderful Wednesday!!!!

Yep......managed to get a whole load of Christmas sorted today...….I don't think I`ve ever been so organised.....went out early and made it to the stores for opening and blasted through my very vague list. I do believe I am very much an impulse shopper!!

So, when we come back I don't have much to do at all.....except food!!! And even at that, I have some stuff already in the freezer....snack items and some desserts, so, mainly fresh and some for the freezer......should give myself a pat on the back!!

Met a friend in the car park in town and gleefully told her I was almost done for Christmas shopping...….got home and this was sent to my phone by her husband......

:rotfl:

I can`t post my reply back or I`d be banned for posting adult content!!!

He`s a good friend so knew I`d see the funny side......he hates shopping!!!

Have a great Wednesday.......:wave2:

Thinking of you, @Charade67. I hope it's nothing too serious. Either way, hang in there.

I hope all the other homies have a great day. It's getting closer to the holidays and I haven't done any shopping myself. Weather seems to be turning this weekend so if that doesn't work out maybe I should start a shopping spree already for my friends and family.

Whew! Trying to catch up with all of you! Been off the DIS for a bit!

Good evening everyone. I've gotten several days behind again. I've been dealing with some medical issues. Hopefully nothing serious, but I'm going in for a scan in a couple of weeks just to be sure.

Sending healing wishes your way! :)

A happy Hump Day to you all.

The best part of Wednesday is the hump day camel pics!!:goodvibes

Ooh, almost time to check out my new office and unpack. Weee.

Yay! Enjoy your new space!!!

managed to get a whole load of Christmas sorted today...….I don't think I`ve ever been so organised..

Great news! Always a relief to be ahead of the game!:)

It's getting closer to the holidays and I haven't done any shopping myself

I'm with you! I have a few small things purchased! But I don't buy a lot of stuff anymore! We all love to travel so our trips are the main gifts we enjoy as a family.

Happy Wednesday all!! Gloomy here! But at least the snow is melting- temps will stay in the 40s. That's good for us! Can't believe Thanksgiving is next week! I'm busy trying to catch up at work before the holiday. We leave for Orlando next Tuesday! :sunny:

Have a great day all!!

@pattyw Yeah, normally, I've gotten a little something, something by now for a few friends, but I haven't bought anything yet. I can't do anything too elaborate anyway for my parents.

Last year I tried to get a nice room for Christmas / Anniversary for them (since I could finally afford something like that on my own) since it's the day after Christmas and so they can have a little getaway. My mother refused to accept it so I had to cancel it. It's the thought that counts I suppose. I also got them a nice gift card for their anniversary for Cheesecake Factory before that and that did not go well either (they accepted, but it's a long story on how it went wrong).

So, learned my lesson to just be there for them and give a lot of little things for those special moments. They always stress that it's the thought that counts and that they're grateful I turned out alright ( :laughing: ) and I'm around to help.

I got up early this morning as expecting some work done on the house

We have two hvac systems in our two story house

Replacing first floor system (heat and ac)
Next year we will replace the second floor system
.....reminds me of the days when we paid college tuition
Lol

I’m hoping work will be done by 3:30 today
so the cat will come out of hiding
She is hiding in the section of the house where work is being done
If she would move to the second floor, it would be noise free for her

I can use any excuse not to cook
Think I should go to Golden Corral for early dinner
Their parking lot is always close to full so assume that means the food is decent

Looks like we have quite a few homies going to Florida soon or by early December
Woot!
For those traveling from the north and UK, hope the weather will be lovely for your vacation!
No one wants to wear coats, hats and gloves at the darkside

Christmas decorations should be up very soon in the parks
Bet it will look lovely!

Hope all have a lovely day and check in here soon

:rotfl: Yeah, you rock, Schumi. Not even starting much of my shopping.

Office is unpacked, and stuff I need done, but hey, at least all made it over, without anything being broke.

lol.....no one`s told me I rock for a long time!!!! Glad the office move went well, and no breakages, always a relief!!!

I got up early this morning as expecting some work done on the house

We have two hvac systems in our two story house

Replacing first floor system (heat and ac)
Next year we will replace the second floor system
.....reminds me of the days when we paid college tuition
Lol

I’m hoping work will be done by 3:30 today
so the cat will come out of hiding
She is hiding in the section of the house where work is being done
If she would move to the second floor, it would be noise free for her

I can use any excuse not to cook
Think I should go to Golden Corral for early dinner
Their parking lot is always close to full so assume that means the food is decent

Looks like we have quite a few homies going to Florida soon or by early December
Woot!
For those traveling from the north and UK, hope the weather will be lovely for your vacation!
No one wants to wear coats, hats and gloves at the darkside

Christmas decorations should be up very soon in the parks
Bet it will look lovely!

Hope all have a lovely day and check in here soon

That sounds like a lot of work mac, and hopefully not much mess, and hope the cats come out of hiding.

We`re bringing some warm weather clothes this year as we had that one freezing cold day last year......it went down to 48F, and of course we had been used to mid 80`s all the other days.....no wonder we all came down with something at the end!

Hope the work goes well.......

It`s just before 4pm here and lamps are on as it`s almost dark outside.....not so cold today, but not overly warm either.

Fish for dinner tonight, cod loin with shrimps in a white wine and cream sauce......not sure what you guys would call cod loin......much chunkier than a fillet, skinless and boneless too, little baby potatoes too.

Made an apple and blackberry crumble....well, the lady farmer next to us made it with some of our apples, and I`ve defrosted it......same thing really......lol......

Plan tonight on writing the few Christmas Cards we send now......most of our friends all do the charity donation in lieu of cards to each other, but for family and a couple of other people, we still do them cards. And looking forward to the weekend where we will put our trees up the earliest we have ever done.....should be fun......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!