Something About Nothing............ #14

Schumi, you missed the bacon feast...
:grouphug:

lol.....yes, I did.....I sent her a txt asking if there was any bacon left......so far no response...…..oops!!!! She may not have a sense of humour about us missing it yet...….these things happen......

Will do bacon for us tomorrow......::yes::

Laundry started, hair in a shower cap with a deep conditioner pre color next week, and speaking sweet nothings to the strip steaks hoping they will thaw in time to toss on grill later.

Busy day yesterday, today the exact opposite. House to myself until 4 pm. I’m watching cooking shows i’ve Taped on the tube while i putz around on net looking a travel options. #1 on that to-do list is deciding what tix to buy for SW this year.

. :)
Time to do some bill paying, some picking up some buys made, and surprising older one with a bigger TV that is for sale at a price point I am willing to pay, so he can see it and we will buy it, if happy with it.
Can’t remember anyone ever buying me a tv lol. Pretty sure he’ll be thrilled as long as there are gaming inputs.
7 days.....there's light at the end of the tunnel!
always liked that quote. Never thought of Mariah Carey’s as a sage but nearly died lol when i read her adage...be careful it’s not an oncoming train.

I’m of the mind it’s imperative to stay positive and to not let adversity define you as a person. Nice to hear you are feeling well enough to travel, pace yourself & enjoy the trip!
it`s just above the knee, a winter skirt, one you wear with thick tights and boots......but not sure it`s too short......they both said it`s fine.....but we`ll see.
My general rule of thumb is as long as the butt is covered it’s all good:). Leggings/tights under long sweaters/tops that hit a few inches above my knees are my jam during the cooler months. For that matter, my uniform when traveling too.

Last edited:
Forgot to tell you all earlier this morning that SAN made the daily Dis again today

If anyone is lurking here, hope you drop in and we will roll out the welcome mat to youse!

If you came for the bacon party, you are out of luck
We already scarfed it all down ....but I’m sure tomorrow we will have more if Schumi ties a thread around her finger and cooks it...

came back to edit this post as it didn’t sound correct
Did not mean for Schumi to cook her finger but tie a thread around her finger so she will remember to cook the bacon for us

Happy Saturday everyone. Not much going on here. We have been thinking about doing a short Christmas getaway. So far the choices are 1. Williamsburg, VA 2.Natural Tunnel State Park (also in VA) or 3. The Chinese Lantern Festival in Cary, NC. We could also do a day trip to the Natural Bridge here in VA. It's just a short drive and they are having a festival of trees.

Time to do some bill paying, some picking up some buys made, and surprising older one with a bigger TV that is for sale at a price point I am willing to pay, so he can see it and we will buy it, if happy with it.
I just finished paying bills. Yuck. Hope you can find a TV you both can agree on.

Sneaks in and waves hello to everyone......
Welcome back Pooh! Hope you have an awesome vacation.

checked the calendar (yes, I do still have an on the wall calendar with space for three of us to put something in
I still keep a paper calendar on the wall too. It's nice to have it out for everyone to see appointments and stuff. We don't do a family share with our phone calendars.

Laundry started
I need to do that today too.

Yesterday I got a PM from a long time friend. Backstory - About 4.5 years ago she lost her husband to dementia. (He was only 54.) A couple of years ago she met a new guy and fell for him hard. They were planning to get married in July. This past week she discovered that he has been lying to her and cheating on her the entire time they have been together. My heart just breaks for her. Thankfully she is a very strong woman with a great support network of family and friends nearby. I wish I could be there for her right now, but I am just to far away.

Next up in my exciting day is cleaning the bathroom. Later we will meet B for afternoon tea.

Rain Rain go away! It’s been grey and damp most of the week. The drizzling misty type of rain. Supposed to be a soaker later today and I have theatre tickets for a matinee with girlfriends then dinner after. Yuck. Not fun slogging around in the rain. But looking forward to seeing the show, Waitress.

Schumi congrats on booking flights!

Pumpkin 30 car pileup yikes! I used to have rear wheel drive car eons ago. But with our hills it didn’t do well. My front wheel drive works much better.
Yes domestic flights in Canada are crazy expensive. Don’t know why.

I love our Samsung TVs too. All 55” Great pictures. Both our big screen TVs are Samsung. But the older one in the basement isn’t smart and the HDMI ports no longer work. Can’t recall how old it is, it was our first flatscreen tv so quite old! When we got a new smart tv we put that one downstairs in the rec room. Still has a great picture.
But.....A friend just called last night saying he’s selling his newish (1yr old) Sony. Because he now wants a gigantic tv. So we are going to buy it off him. Hope the pic is as good as our Samsung’s.

Lynne eek! Rats running down halls! Hopefully won’t be a problem in new building.

Cam757 I don’t know what the problem is with that Prime App on TVs. But my Chromecast works well now that Prime and Chromecast are playing well together. Seems silly to have to get a plug in just for one app. My youngest dd just told me they got a new (cheap) 55” tv. Some Chinese brand I never heard of but she says all the apps work great incl Prime. Humph.
:bday:

Charade yes those drawstring hoods are useless. I wish more had those buckles on the back that adjust so you can pull back hood enough so you can see. Or at least make the hoods for normal size heads!

Robo my massage therapist is trekking in Peru! But have an appointment for when she comes back.
I guess it’s different getting travel insurance for several months. I have an annual policy for trip lengths up to 30 days and don’t have any tests or paperwork to do. Must be different for snowbirds that stay 3-6 mos. in the US.

Keishashsdow marked safe from salt truck! Sounds like a close one.

Charade enjoy! I want to watch Mandalorian.

Poohls yay for better health and 7day countdown.

Schumi I also have a large calendar with space for 3 of us hanging up on the kitchen wall. In addition to having my iOS calendar.

Charade I’ve never been to any of those but Williamsburg sounds nice.
That's awful about your friend. But thank goodness she found out what a cad he is before she married him. Even though you are far in miles you can and I’m sure you will still offer support via texting or phone. When I lost my mom I got a lot of support from long distance friends thru texting.

Time to get in the shower and get ready to go out to the show. Still haven’t decided what to wear as it’s going to be a soaker today. Boots for sure. And umbrella.

Will send the arK for Schumi and Sue.

Double woot! Pooh is a week away from dark side fun. Hope your countdown goes quick, and enjoying that butter beer before ya know it.

Yep a happy boy today. And ooh so much nicer than our old set. All will get to enjoy it though.

Forgot to tell you all earlier this morning that SAN made the daily Dis again today

If anyone is lurking here, hope you drop in and we will roll out the welcome mat to youse!

If you came for the bacon party, you are out of luck
We already scarfed it all down ....but I’m sure tomorrow we will have more if Schumi ties a thread around her finger and cooks it...

came back to edit this post as it didn’t sound correct
Did not mean for Schumi to cook her finger but tie a thread around her finger so she will remember to cook the bacon for us

:rotfl: I knew what you meant.......

Yep, plenty of bacon tomorrow.....will have it for lunch instead of breakfast, so you’ll smell it cooking.........::yes::

Happy Saturday everyone. Not much going on here. We have been thinking about doing a short Christmas getaway. So far the choices are 1. Williamsburg, VA 2.Natural Tunnel State Park (also in VA) or 3. The Chinese Lantern Festival in Cary, NC. We could also do a day trip to the Natural Bridge here in VA. It's just a short drive and they are having a festival of trees.

I just finished paying bills. Yuck. Hope you can find a TV you both can agree on.

Welcome back Pooh! Hope you have an awesome vacation.

I still keep a paper calendar on the wall too. It's nice to have it out for everyone to see appointments and stuff. We don't do a family share with our phone calendars.

I need to do that today too.

Yesterday I got a PM from a long time friend. Backstory - About 4.5 years ago she lost her husband to dementia. (He was only 54.) A couple of years ago she met a new guy and fell for him hard. They were planning to get married in July. This past week she discovered that he has been lying to her and cheating on her the entire time they have been together. My heart just breaks for her. Thankfully she is a very strong woman with a great support network of family and friends nearby. I wish I could be there for her right now, but I am just to far away.

Next up in my exciting day is cleaning the bathroom. Later we will meet B for afternoon tea.

Yes, we have a four column calendar on the wall.....if it’s not on there, it’s not happening.......I don’t use my phone as a calendar......maybe unusual, but I have a pocket diary too........everything important goes in that.

How awful for your friend. No one deserves all that to happen.

Hope you enjoy afternoon tea.......

Will send the arK for Schumi and Sue.

Double woot! Pooh is a week away from dark side fun. Hope your countdown goes quick, and enjoying that butter beer before ya know it.

Yep a happy boy today. And ooh so much nicer than our old set. All will get to enjoy it though.

We may need that ark!! Rain has stopped for now, but more forecast.....some areas of England are completely flooded out......awful to see.

Glad your boy got a new tv, hope he enjoys it.......my guys love their TVs......we have a lot of them in the house, I’d be too embarrassed to admit how many we have considering there are only three of us living here........I’d be happy without a tv but there are some shows I’d miss I guess......not too many though.

cam.....thanks for the explanation of a Boston Butt.......I love cooking down pork butts and shoulders for pulled pork.......usually overnight in the slow cookers.......hard to beat! Hope you’re weather isn’t too bad! We‘re putting our decorations up next Saturday.......too early for us really, but want it to be done for us coming back......looking forward to it! Always have some red wine and sweet mince pies while we do it........nice!

Decided to go to local pub for dinner tonight....Kyle was out for dinner, so couldn’t decide what to eat, so eating out worked. Food was lovely and some nice company around us, it was quiet for a Saturday evening, but, I think the weather didn’t help......

Bit of grocery shopping for us tomorrow. Brazilian Grand Prix later in the day.......and that’s about it........

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday.......almost bedtime here.......

It is Sunday which means it is birthday girl cams big day

woot 42 and she still looks like a teenager

hope you have a special lovely event for today so you can celebrate your big day

it I lived closer I would fry up two pounds of bacon for you to enjoy

have a great day today! As you are special
To us, we went today be fantastic for youse !

Light on for the night owls and early morning.

Fell asleep in the evening, so woke up for some reason. Will try to get back to sleep.

Happy Birthday 🎁 to Cam today.

:bday:

Cam757......Hope you have a wonderful birthday...…..:cake:

Lynne hope you got back to sleep....I hate when I`m restless and can`t get over...….

mac...….couple of hours till bacon is cooking......all welcome...….::yes::

Popped out to a farm store that opens 7 days a week......beautiful veg, and picked up some chicken thighs for dinner tonight, and for chicken noodle soup tomorrow......

But, it`s stopped raining...…..wouldn't describe it as sunny, but it`s bright-ish…….

A friend sent us a video of the tree being lit in Universal last night......cannot wait to see it!!!

They said it`s cold there right now, Volcano Bay was closed yesterday and today again, but it`s forecast to warm up when by the time we go...I hope so....….some sunshine will be lovely.

Waiting for lunch...……...

Well you can be at 27 degrees, with a wind chill temp of 20. More clouds today. But only a 10 percent chance of snow. Rain is on top for Monday. Good thing I am in my lounge clothes again, tomorrow. And thinking of taking off Friday. Nothing like a 4 day week, then followed by a three day one.

Sweet Sunday to ya all, and ark will be picking me up tomorrow, with it still ingering around Schumi’s area. Hope the weather improved when you went shopping Schumi.

Done grocery shopping, not my idea of fun, but always nicer when you have bagger, runner, and bag carrier. Older one was a good sport, as not his idea of fun either, though picked up food he picked, and I know he and DH would eat and drink it more than me.

Send that Ark here too Lynne! Still raining. The dogs hate going out in it! I open the kitchen door and they just stand there looking out at it :sad2:

Waitress was good. There is a new restaurant Browns Social Club that just opened up next to the theatre. Since we were so early we nipped in for a cocktail before the show. Afterwards we went for dinner at a Napoli pizza restaurant. Delish.

Tonight youngest dd coming over for dinner with fiancé. Early afternoon I may go out with oldest dd to Costco for her project. She’s taking a course in Early Childhood Ed and for their project they have to make a week menu with certain specifications. She also needs a battery for her Fitbit

My smart tv not so smart now. Ugh. I was reading on internet that if Prime app isn’t working (ref for Samsung) to do a hard reset where you hold down power button to turn off. Now nothing works :confused: Ugh.

Sue, the ark is headed your way. Ugh with all the rain and TV not working right. And a hehe, when it was raining hard, my boxer would pee on our deck. She hated the rain. And we had to make a path on the snow for her, she did not like relieving herself in the snow.

Wow Lynne, that is cold........

We’ve had a little more rain today, but not much. Tomorrow night has to be our coldest night so far......-9 which isn’t bad compared to some, but for us that’s cold for this time of the year. Of course, it may not be like that at all.

Had such a quick day today despite not doing too much at all........farm shop was mobbed this morning......home and lunch sorted, bacon was so good......then laundry and trip report, then dinner, spoke to a few friends on FaceTime, ironed while we watched the Grand Prix, spoke to another friend on FaceTime and then didn’t do anything for the last two hours.......

Now, almost bedtime........

Picking up new glasses tomorrow morning.......hope they’re alright.

No idea what else we’re up to tomorrow.......the joys of very early retirement...... :wave2:

Schumi is that -9 in C or F? Regardless that’s really cold! It’s rare the temps drop to anything past -1C here unless you’re in the mountains.

-9C Sue. We don’t use F over here, but I sometimes use it on here.

Monday again........had such a good sleep last night, went to bed I guess kind of early, but so tired last night.

First thing Tom said when I woke up, what’s for dinner tonight......lol.......er, can I have breakfast first??

His request was the beef in ale I made the other day, so have it defrosting now.....will make mash and that’s an easy dinner tonight.

Opticians this morning to pick up new glasses.......not too cold looking outside, I’m hoping those cold temps won’t reach us......may be higher up than us will get the minuses....usually Scotland and the North........

Have a great Monday.........

Happy Monday indeed. Back to routine, And very happy and crossing fingers that the connectivity stays as good as was connected first thing this morning.

29 out, with some rain to be around later in the day. Dark out.

Have a marvelous Monday.

Beef for dinner sounds good, Schumi, and yep, mashed taters are always a good side dish. Not sure what dinner I am doing, let alone lunch. Older one tends to come home for lunch on a Monday, as today, he has a couple of hours between classes, so he got tired of spending hours in the library, and well, food at home is cheaper, and a tv he can control.

Time for tea. Why yes I am.

Stay happy and healthy, all, as we begin the end of this year. Oooh, Black Friday is getting closer, with Small Business Saturday to follow, then Cyber Monday, well some of it is Blue too, and that means, :santa: is getting closer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!