Something About Nothing............ #14

Turkey burgers don’t work for me either Lynne.......I have had a freshly made Bison Burger in Scotland once or twice, and they were lovely.......but usually, good quality beef is plenty good for us.........and no......never, ever these veggie alternatives!!!! Hope you got your chocolate and had a lovely evening too.......

Pumpkin.......Thanks yes, the trip will be here soon enough............yes, 15c isn’t too bad.......we may get a high of 12c today......and sunshine!!! Hope you do have a lovely day too!

Monyk.......hope you’re doing better... and tornado warnings!!! The very thought terrifies me.......hope the chickens are ok!
We like Hassleback potatoes too....bought one of the little cutter things in Williams and Sonoma while we were there......we use it all the time now, other one I had broke......I do like a gadget!

Janet......hope your evening was a good one.......curious to know which dish you went with!!

Wednesday again......and looks to be a sunny one.....

Meeting friends for lunch today......one of the restaurants along the seafront we like a lot. Always an early lunch when we go here as it is usually mobbed by midday.......although not so many visitors here now, but still.....there’s always plenty of them around all year.

Kyle‘s out for dinner tonight so no need to cook......it’ll be a snack thing, although I did make meatballs for today last night forgetting about lunch today.......I can freeze them if we don’t eat them......depends what we eat for lunch I guess!

Have a great Wednesday........

Oh MonyK, I hope you do feel better soon, and eek, that tornado chance. I hate when the wind and rain wrap around my house. Have not seen that kind of rain, since summer. Yep, tea is my go to drink, and once again, it's warm inside the office. Layers. Yep, that the clothing style. 50 out. And hope the sun returns today. We get two days of clouds and sun, then the rain returns for the end of the week.

Was a very wet and dark commute. We got a good soaking last night, and all the roads are wet, and a bit slippery still. But quiet enough, and at least not raining.

Ah, packing and shredding in earnest now. Many a drawer is bare, and I think I need another plastic box to put my more breakable things in. At least then, they'll be bouncing around in it, instead of only inside the crate.

And, yep, another Wednesday is here. Hope Schumi's seafood lunch with friends is lovely. And yep, after a big lunch, I'm not as hungry for a big dinner. And hope Kyle enjoys his night out.

So, Keisha, I hope you are on the mend, feeling less full of gunk, and see the camel is here today: 446719 oh I know, all Keisha wants to see this Wednesday reminder: 446720

Thus, 446722 So, all you homies, have a happy Hump of a Wednesday, and yes, 446723 - Thankfully.

446724 - to each and every one of us, and hope Mac, MonyK, and Charade, are all feeling better today, and have a good feeling day.

So ready for some tea. Later homies. Stay happy.

Another Wednesday is upon us! A nice day here. I think I read it is going to be sunny around 70 degrees today. I will be stuck indoors though, boo! Hope everyone has a great day.

@macraven , Your absence has definitely been noticed. Sending you well wishes for a speedy and easy recovery.

Not much interesting going on here. I could really use another vacation. We did have a nice distraction yesterday though. DH and I went to a theater downtown to watch silent movies accompanied by a live orchestra. In between films the orchestra played ragtime music. They had a ragtime arrangement of The Bee Gees Stayin’Alive that was hilarious

That sounds really fun!! What a neat idea.

And Keisha, yeah I have to remind little one, if there's something dumb to do, there is always someone who is dumb enough to do it. Why stand where she did? I would never even think of that. Stoked we have an extended balcony on our coming up cruise. And the most I will be doing out there is sitting in the seat, enjoying a sip of tea or wine, while looking at hopefully, beautiful weather scenery.

We are going on a cruise the first week of December. 39 days and counting. We booked a mini-suite with a balcony but I bid on an upgrade to a spa room with balcony on the 15th deck. So fingers crossed. I promise no balcony railing selfies for me.446771

Last edited:
Nice Cam, I hope you win that upgrade. In the 60’s for us, mid January cruise. Nice when I now ya d college kids that don’t go back to school until 3rd week in January.

Back to shredding and packing up. May hunt for lunch early as laptop says it needs to reboot. But yay, the sun is out. Woot!

Yep, Lynne, lunch was lovely thanks......restaurant kind of overlooks the beach and it was so busy today! Plenty of folks enjoying the sunshine and it was surprisingly warmish today....cold breeze in the shade though. Hope your weather dries up a little.....

cam...….good luck on the cruise upgrade.....and yes, no selfies on the balcony railings.....lol.....glad you have some nice weather too.....

8 of us got together today, all couples, and it was lovely.....we chatted, laughed and ate well and again, 3 hours passed before we knew it. We may have enjoyed a prosecco or three...…::yes::

Decided to freeze the meatballs for another day....we have some Brie, prosciutto, grapes, chutney and crackers if we get peckish later.

Enjoying a mug of tea right now......

Hey all! Slathered in Vicks vapor balm, i’m Chugging along. Have a huge roaster full of beef veggie soup simmering on the kitchen island. Can’t really smell it lol but figure the house aroma must be heavenly. Dog is just sorta sitting there with his mouth slightly ajar...ala breathing it in lol

Lots of fun last night but evening went on forever. Cut tradition in GD’s school district. Thanksgiving reading festival put on by high school kids in the reading club. Kids have to earn entrance via reading X number of books. Games, crafts, a (semi) haunted library and at least 10 classrooms full of skits to favorite halloween books. Peppa pig rules :)

Loving the new phone, easier picture editing for dummies like me. Still playing around with it. Probably should dig for a tutorial online somewhere but got some pretty interesting halloween shots. So much easier than dragging the heavy big camera/lenses around.

Yum, sounds like a fun place to eat, Keisha. Yeah, older one takes a cocktail of stuff. And why he does not take some of the pills. When he was young, I never knew if I'd get a bouncing off the bed kid. Hope your allergies are better soon. This rain is not helping.
It was great. Next time would go with a combo of wet & dry vs 2 dry flavorings mixed.

I think i need to seek out an allergist. ENT retired & they moved the practice to other side of town...easily a 3 hour ride in rush hour traffic. Family dr fills Rxs i have but pretty sure its not his strong suit.

bouncing, yes, that pretty much summed it up. Your poor son, has it gotten worse as he as aged?

Sigh. And no, I don't want pumpkin flavored coffee, or much else with pumpkin flavoring, except the real pumpkin custard that goes in the pumpkin pie.
Seriously, i’ll Join that club. Pumpkin spice, smumpkin spice, yuck

Although, i likely will make pumpkin seeds this weekend
And the tornado warning going off at 130am sunday night/monday am didn't help. Rain was lashing into windows on all sides of house so it was swirling hard. Oldest is home for fall break and wanted to go get chickens but no time and too dangerous with the winds. Kept our power and no damage but have not seen or heard wind/rain like that in a very long time.
Oh, that is so scary
Got hit with larger than anticipated tax bill-pretty sure January trip won't happen, but will wait until 100% sure to cancel. Have to be a responsible adult (at least this time LOL)
Oh crap, almost as bad as being hit with a tornado! Property/school/county real estate taxes? Our statement should pop up in a few weeks. Just can’t wait, not.
Janet......hope your evening was a good one.......curious to know which dish you went with!!
Flossin, something or other. Ranch & season salt. I’m boring. Added my own sprinkles of hot sauce. Not to be confused with the ilk they market as wing sauce.
We are going on a cruise the first week of December. 39 days and counting. We booked a mini-suite with a balcony but I bid on an upgrade to a spa room with balcony on the 15th deck. So fingers crossed. I promise no balcony railing selfies
We love that week to vacation in orlando area. It’s one of the best for cruising as to hitting price & weather sweet spots too. What line?
Yep, Lynne, lunch was lovely thanks......restaurant kind of overlooks the beach and it was so busy today! Plenty of folks enjoying the sunshine and it was surprisingly warmish today....cold breeze in the shade though. Hope your weather dries up a little.....
Gee, a beach view sounds, toss in food & well, just perfect!

Oh Keisha, what a long day, and ooh, want to have that smell in my house. Roast beef was last night. And older one was diagnosed with his allergy at age 3. They said he may outgrow it, but going on 22 shortly, same allergy induced asthma. He has just deals with it. Different combos of drugs and he seems to do well with nose sprays 4 times a day. Some days he moves slower than others. He waits for our hard frost, then gets a few weeks of clean air, until people and stores get plants and flowers inside. When he was younger, doctor wanted him medicated year round. I did not follow that advice. Though he starts taking the pills a week or so before the pollen is on the air, to get that drug in his bloodstream. Then uses the nose spray when he feels he needs it. Why I have no plants or flowers in my house, and mostly just rugs, and an ultra HEPA filter on my heater and AC. We also have a humidifier in his room to help keep moisture in the air. Why we call him Darth Vader and chipmunk kid. Poor guy. But it has not stopped him from doing outdoor stuff, though he had stayed home from school when feeling too congested, and made a teacher take home the fresh flowers she had received in the classroom.

Well, it is just me for dinner, as DH is out of town, and little one is at school, older one, still house and dog sitting. Hmm, Keisha’s meal sounds good. Too bad I am just the long enough town over, not easy for me to swing by for some chow. 😊

Keisha....if ever I was going to switch to the iPhone it would be for this one. Our friend showed us his new iPhone when we were in Orlando, very impressed with the camera possibilities.....I’d be the same as your puppy.....I love the aroma of beef in the house.....glad you enjoyed the wing place.......it does sound so good!!!

Lynne.......that sounds dreadful for your boy. Allergies are dreadful. Sounds like a quiet evening for you.......that’s nice sometimes.......

Chilly here tonight......didn’t feel like snacks tonight, so that’ll be lunch tomorrow......grocery shopping in the morning, farm store first to get some ultra fresh produce.

Watching The Apprentice........so funny!!

Rocking a Thirsty Thursday here. Dark and cool, with 44 on the car's screen. Chilly, with a wee slice of Moon, and hey Moon, not doing a very good job of lighting up the sky.

And what? So many red lights during my commute. Boo. Not much traffic, but slow mo drivers at times. Oh well. Quick enough, sweater is on. Guess no one in yet, to turn on the heat. By mid morning, sweater will be off, and short sleeved shirt will remain. Gets that warm.

And warm, means drinking lots of fluids, like tea. Yep, time for tea.

So, let's all give a , 446961 Me, Me, and hope that includes each and every homie.

Even better:
446963 and I've decided, I need a 3 day week-end, so my Friday will be a nice, late sleeping one. Yeah, maybe up early, but not moving fast, nice one.

And thinking healing thoughts to Mac, MonyK, Keisha, and any other homie, or family or friend homie, that needs some. I hope all ailing, sick, or not feeling well, get better, and happy and healthy sooner than later.

Ooh, and weather guy said, high 60's this afternoon, with wall to wall sun. (Which by the way, will not been seen for almost another hour and an a half, but you can bet, sunglasses are already sitting on my desk.) Woot!

Oh tea, yep, time for tea. :coffee:

:wave2: Later homies, and Good Morning, Good Afternoon.

Another beautiful day. Low 70's and sunny here. Have a bit of a headache today so I have been popping the Advil. Uggh! Stopped by my husband's grandmothers house yesterday to visit and ended up picking up pecans. Her pecan tree is loaded. Luckily she had this rake like tool that you just roll on the ground and pick up the pecans. Probably got a couple of gallons in about 10 minutes. Now I need to get to crackin'. At least I will have my pecans for my Thanksgiving pecan pie.

Off work tomorrow, thank goodness. Have a great weekend!

We love that week to vacation in orlando area. It’s one of the best for cruising as to hitting price & weather sweet spots too. What line?

Hope you are feeling better @keishashadow . We are cruising with Norwegian on their newest ship, the Encore. It leaves Southampton, England next week for its inaugural transatlantic voyage. We are on the 3rd sailing of the ship departing from it's home port of Miami to the Eastern Carribean. Counting the days. Can't wait.

Day off tomorrow Lynne.......how lovely! It’s nice to have a day at home.....how’s the DD now? Hope she’s doing better.

cam.......Never seen a pecan tree! It’s nice you can have some fresh ones for Thanksgiving......

it’s cold and damp here again today. We did have a bit of sunshine late afternoon.....but didn’t last long.

Plan a day at home tomorrow, been out every day this week, so will catch up on some housework and fiffle faffle the day away.......will grind some beef for burgers tomorrow night.

Made Katsu chicken curry tonight with coconut rice, it was lovely, made it hotter than the recipe called for and I’ll make it again, it was worth it. And made some coconut ice cream too. Lush! Kyle had a steak with chunky fries....he doesn’t like curry. So, nice dinner all round.

And 5 weeks today we’ll be at the overnight hotel........wooohooo!!!

Countdown is going down.........

Oh Cam, hope you headache goes away soon, if not already. Neat to harvest pecans. Hard shells they have. Do like eating that nut, though, and enjoy having pecan pie.

Schumi, she is feeling better, thank you. Think it was a bug, that she was able to get over after almost a week. Thankfully, no one sick for the wedding week-end will be nice. And yay! The countdown is getting ever so closer. And I'd be eating with Kyle, not a fan of curry either. Rice, yes. Most of my chicken cooking is Asian or BBQ style. And yep, I totally enjoy my 3 day weekends.

Absolutely beautiful sun out now. Bright and blue skies. No matter, Mr. Low Weather System is lurking, so while we will be a bit warmer as the week ends, rain will be more and more, with Sunday starting the week, as a washout. Oh well, hoping no rain on Saturday, when the wedding is taking place. Also, thankful, all is inside, as a good idea this time of year. And, weather guy said, we may even have a wet Halloween day. Yeah, not unusual for us to see wet, even snow a few times, on the day of Halloween.

Happy take out the trash day, also known as Thirsty (tea that is for me) Thursday. oldest DS got GD bug, that soup came in mighty handy. Glad to not have to freeze as many quarts of it if truth be told.

still in low 60s & sunny here. Wish we could skip winter entirely. I’m seeing Christmas advertisements, seriously? Can’t we at least get thru Halloween

And older one was diagnosed with his allergy at age 3. They said he may outgrow it, but going on 22 shortly, same allergy induced asthma. He has just deals with it. Different combos of drugs and he seems to do well with nose sprays 4 times a day. Some days he moves slower than others. He waits for our hard frost, then gets a few weeks of clean air, until people and stores get plants and flowers inside. When he was younger, doctor wanted him medicated year round. I did not follow that advice.
I heard same spiel w 2 of my DS. Felt belt putting thru that skin test. Both still have their mild to middling allergies. Same 2 get migraines, wonder if connected?

I’m told having boiler/hot water heat is supposed to be beneficial but not sure I buy into that. Did rip up most of wall to wall carpet years ago and switch to blinds & lightweight window treatments to try and lessen dust mites. Also the hypoallergenic covers on pillows & mattresses, but again IDK the efficiency of that
Her pecan tree is loaded
I’ve never seen one either. No idea what they look like in a shell. Love a good pecan pie but majority they sell here mostly sugary gelled glop with few nuts yuck

Tea, why yes. Enjoying some now. Dinner out with the boy and relaxing. He thought his game would have to be picked up at midnight, but happily for both of us, his ticket for picking it up, says 9pm. He can be a night owl, not me most of the time. Was clear and you could feel the cool as the sun set. Another dip into the 40’s overnight. I am sure I will hear my heater go in again in the wee hours.

Have a good night, 💤🌙 😴

Good evening everyone. Rough day at work today. Remember the client who has kidney cancer? Well, she is not doing very well right now. She has missed her last 2 appointments because she has been too sick and weak. I also found out that we have a client who is currently being treated for a brain tumor. This woman is only 29 and has 3 small children. Sometimes my job can be really depressing.

Just had an interesting text from B. She asked if we could meet for lunch or dinner tomorrow. She has something she wants to talk to us about. DH is immediately jumping to the worst possible scenario. This should be interesting.

What? Burger place just flashed my phone, with a turkey burger. Um, that's a no for me. Ground real beef is what I consider a burger. Sigh. And no, I don't want pumpkin flavored coffee, or much else with pumpkin flavoring, except the real pumpkin custard that goes in the pumpkin pie.
Totally agree. I have noticed a lot of fast food places are now advertising their plans based meals. I'll stick with real meat, thank you. I am also not a pumpkin spice fan.

Charade...I hope your feeling better. I do know how that feels and get that often. I hate having to work with headaches/migraines. It is not fun.
Thanks. Thankfully I don't get migraines, but do get really bad headaches sometime especially if I get too hot. I have found that the Excedrin migraine formula works wonders on my headaches.

bYeah if it's not better by next week (will be 3 weeks with this cold) then I will go in. I am on Clariten in am, Allegra in pm (both 24 hour) and dayquil as needed. need a sinus lavage! But was also thinking a shot of steroids would make me feel better too.
Yikes. Hope you are staring to feel better now.

and hope Mac, MonyK, and Charade, are all feeling better today, and have a good feeling day.
Thanks Lynne. Thankfully my headache went away and when I left work Tuesday it had gone from cold and rainy to sunny.

We are going on a cruise the first week of December. 39 days and counting. We booked a mini-suite with a balcony but I bid on an upgrade to a spa room with balcony on the 15th deck. So fingers crossed. I promise no balcony railing selfies for me.
Hope you get your upgrade.

Hey all! Slathered in Vicks vapor balm, i’m Chugging along. Have a huge roaster full of beef veggie soup simmering on the kitchen island. Can’t really smell it lol but figure the house aroma must be heavenly. Dog is just sorta sitting there with his mouth slightly ajar...ala breathing it in lol
Sending well wishes.

..if ever I was going to switch to the iPhone it would be for this one. Our friend showed us his new iPhone when we were in Orlando, very impressed with the camera possibilities....
I would love to get the new iPhone, but just got a new one back in December. I wish they wouldn't release a new version so quickly after the previous one.

Stopped by my husband's grandmothers house yesterday to visit and ended up picking up pecans. Her pecan tree is loaded. Luckily she had this rake like tool that you just roll on the ground and pick up the pecans. Probably got a couple of gallons in about 10 minutes. Now I need to get to crackin'. At least I will have my pecans for my Thanksgiving pecan pie.
I am a terrible southerner. I do not like pecans.

she is feeling better, thank you. Think it was a bug, that she was able to get over after almost a week.
Glad she is feeling better.

I need a good distraction, so dh and I are thinking about going to the Highland games in Richmond this weekend. I was debating about asking B if she wanted to go to. I guess I will wait and see what she has to say tomorrow.

Lynne......glad she is doing better, must have been hard for you as she wasn’t close to you when she’s poorly.......but you’ll all be able to enjoy the wedding.....bug free!! Weather sounds nice......

Keisha......I always thought I didn’t like pecan pie......till I tried my aunts home made one first time we went to NY to visit........it was a revelation......and I really don’t like nuts at all......well, except for flavoured spicy peanuts when snacking! But, it was beautiful.......

Yep, Christmas is here too.......cards began to appear in stores back in August......tv ads are just beginning.......restaurants have been advertising Christmas meals since before we left for Orlando!

Charade, hope DD chat turns out ok. What a worry till you hear what she has to say. Yes, the iPhone is not an essential for me.....my android does everything I need, but the camera intrigued me with the newer one. I think I’d ditch a real camera for that one....

We are forecast rain today and tomorrow I believe.......nice time to spend a couple of days not leaving the house.

Can‘t quite help but wonder where October has gone! It’s just disappeared before my eyes. And our clocks go back tomorrow night......yay....gotta love that extra hour.....

Have a great Friday........

Last edited:
Friday it is, and a quiet one too. Trash day for us. And not even sunrise until almost 1/2 later than now. Very dark out.

Errands to do today, and deciding whether to pick little one up, or tell her to take the train. Depends on where I am at lunchtime today. Need to pick up a gift I ordered for older one’s birthday, that came in the other day to the store, so since it is far away from where little one is, may try to get that done after she arrives. As, yesterday, I removed all my live plants from my office. They are still in my car, and since my Dsis said she would like them for her office, I thought I could drop those off today, and pick up the gift, as both are near each other. Both kids have only one class this morning, older one has one an hour earlier then little one’s, as her class ends at 11 am today, so since two people need to carry the plants, deciding if it would be better to have both kids, or just one, or neither, and just get my Dsis to come out and help.

Time for tea, and have a Happy Happy Friday.

Happy Friday morning. I have an exciting morning of doing laundry. I'm also counting the hours until our dinner with B. Last night I had a crazy dream that B had been seeing a boy at school, but he broke up with her because he thought she was really wealthy and he thought he wasn't good enough for her.
I am hoping she wants to talk to us about something school related and not something personal.

Last edited:
Good Friday all :). Any exciting weekend plans?

Slow start to my day, the mr working a double shift, midnight & daylight. Indulged in a bit of a mini spa day at home today. Sometimes I do relish being a just a bit of a girly girl.

Last reg season game tonight for my DSs high school football team. Underdogs, but if they do win go to playoffs. Will be there cheering them on, would be nice if the rain held off. Haven’t broke .500 in over 15 years. He took over the program last year after a 1-9 season. Barely had enough kids come to field a team. Regardless of the outcome, I’ll call it a victory :)

He thought his game would have to be picked up at midnight, but happily for both of us, his ticket for picking it up, says 9pm. He can be a night owl, not me most of the time.

COD? I’m hoping my youngest picks up Luigi’s mansion for switch when released. Loved that game
Good evening everyone. Rough day at work today. Remember the client who has kidney cancer? Well, she is not doing very well right now. She has missed her last 2 appointments because she has been too sick and weak. I also found out that we have a client who is currently being treated for a brain tumor. This woman is only 29 and has 3 small children. Sometimes my job can be really depressing.
Oh, that is a lot. Just an outside thought, but you’d think a therapist office would offer some words of encouragement to their staff on a regular basis to keep up morale. Or not. Was shocked to discovered most who work for major hospitals & health plans have pretty crappy health insurance coverage.
Keisha......I always thought I didn’t like pecan pie......till I tried my aunts home made one first time we went to NY to visit........it was a revelation.....
saved by the pie! It’s heresy, but since whole pecans are difficult to find in my neck of the woods, the rare times I do make that sort of pie use coarsely chopped, toasted walnuts. Never had any complaints :)

One pie I tend to think of southern US in original is chess pie, which I just don’t ‘get’? Surely, has it fans.
Friday it is, and a quiet one too. Trash day for us. And not even sunrise until almost 1/2 later than now. Very dark out.

I noticed the later sunrise for the today for the first time. I got to bring in the trash cans today, going to guess the darkness threw them off. How else can one account for one my cans being half way down the street? Thinking some new hires who are going through the motions.

Well, I can breathe a sigh of relief now. B's news was nothing catastrophic. She just wanted to tell us that she had spoken to one of the ministers at our church earlier this week and she is going to be baptized on November 3. She could have told us this over the phone or via text. I guess she either wanted to see us in person, or she just wanted to go to Chick-fil-A. We didn't spend too much time at dinner because she wanted to get back to school to attend a bonfire.

Oh, that is a lot. Just an outside thought, but you’d think a therapist office would offer some words of encouragement to their staff on a regular basis to keep up morale. Or not. Was shocked to discovered most who work for major hospitals & health plans have pretty crappy health insurance coverage.
You make a very good point. I really don't get any kind of morale boost from the therapists I work for. Around here the hospital and many of the medical offices fall under one medical corporation. I think they have pretty decent insurance plans. I know their mental health coverage is good.

One pie I tend to think of southern US in original is chess pie, which I just don’t ‘get’? Surely, has it fans.
I have heard of chess pie, but didn't know exactly what it was. I looked it up. Looks kind of boring to me. Give me a good chocolate, peanut butter pie any day.

I think I will be going to bed early tonight. I have to get up very early tomorrow to drive to Richmond.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts