Something About Nothing............ #14

:wave2: Doing a quick stop in tonight.

It looks like everyone who is still in Orlando is having a great time. Good weather, good times at HHN and some great good and drinks. Life doesn't get much better than that. Sounds like some are finishing up...and others are getting ready to leave. I hope that everyone travelling gets to their destinations safely.

Nothing to write home about happening here in Santa Land. That darn " S word is still in the forecast for Friday. Then another wave of indian summer to come again after that. Crossing my toes for that. They are not liking to have socks and either shoes or slippers on them. And hate cold feet or hands.

Well, I gave up trying to find new hardware to fit our dressers I refinished. I took all the hardware outside tonight and spray painted them to look a little more modern. Another coat Friday probably as I have a shift at the second job tomorrow night. I can't wait to see how it will all look complete. Now to find a new mirror...as I'm NOT using the old one that was original with the set.

Well...off to bed to watch a little Big Bang Theory before closing my eyes for the night. Have a great night everyone. I'll leave the light on with some sleepy time tea for anyone who may be having trouble sleeping tonight.

That darn " S word is still in the forecast for Friday. Then another wave of indian summer to come again after that. Crossing my toes for that.

Ick on the "s" stuff! Hopefully, we have a little more time until we see that at home in Buffalo!! Hope Indian summer sticks around a while for you! :)

Up early, early today!! We booked a room at the All Stars so that we can do EMH at the Studios!! Off to check out Star Wars land soon! :chewy: :darth:

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Yay! Patty is with the Force! Have fun in that Studios today.

And hope Pumpkin has so little snow, it's all gone by the week-end. Us, having that summer like temps today. With a ha ha, you got a sprinkle of rain.

Once again, a cool and clear morning commute. A little warmer, with 60 said the car as I drove. Almost wanted a jacket, but felt warmer than yesterday, even though only 2 degrees warmer than yesterday.

No matter, summer like temps as will see high of 85 degrees. Clouds will build as the day goes on, with that random chance of some seeing some rain showers. I'll take it, and hope I am the lucky one, no sprinkles for me, please.

And, since I have to get ready for my Monday plane ride, decided to take off tomorrow, and start my holiday early. Will be nice to get some things done, and some wash, instead of starting it on the week-end. And maybe a little one sighting tomorrow, as she said I could pick her up any time, as her Friday only class, was cancelled. Woot! Yeah, no packing will start until Sunday. Last minute packer, and with a 3am start on Monday, I will be packed up, mostly, by Sunday night. And then I get to watch the sunrise at 30,000 feet or so, as landing in (hopefully hot and nice weather) at just after 8am. Well, at least a full day to start the week day. Looking forward to seeing some homies, having some fun scares, and taking and getting pictures of all that's vacation happiness.

439030 Yes, and it sounds like Schumi's in the spirit, time to drink up, homies, it's a Thursday, and 439031 That's right, a drinking day, and those feeling the heat, drink up, stay hydrated, and those feeling that cooler weather, drink up, you have to stay warm.

With that, time for tea. Tea is good, and almost sweater indoor weather. Nice day on tap, so I'll hold my mug up for that.

Cheers homies. Have a lovely morning and hope all are getting ready for a terrific Friday. Sending hugs and get well wishes. Some of those get well wishes go to Cam's DS too. Yeah, as soon as school starts, the sharing of sick bugs start. Hope he is feeling better.

Good Morning! :wave:

Pumpkin......snow??? Already.........no. Just no. It was boiling hot with a lot of humidity last night when we set off for HHN......it did cool a little by around 8.30 with a little breeze which was lovely.......hope you don’t get snow this early......

Cam.....I missed reading your son was poorly.....hope he feels better soon.....there’s a lot of sniffles and coughs here too........and people do not cover their mouth when doing so......drives us nuts!!!! No wonder folks catch stuff.........

Lynne....nice idea to have tomorrow off.......extending a vacation is always nice........hope your last work day today is a quick one........hope we can manage a quick hello sometime.......

Trying to decide whether to have a pool morning.......or not.

Seems the repatriation flights are running a day behind at the moment.....folks supposed to be flying home last night are now going tonight, same with previous night. So we may have an extra night after all....not sure yet. I know we’ll be fine though with the hotel.......not much we can do about the flight........

Not sure if we’ll do HHN tonight.........done it so many nights now.....there are some fabulous houses, but overall it’s not the best year for us.....got bored with Killer Klowns, it’s just funny.......Ghostbusters is just funny too.....no interest in Stranger Things and US is alright.......Depths of Fear was just silly, but the layout was quite decent.........must do a review on mac’s HHN thread.........

I surprisingly enjoyed the House of 1000 Corpses....it didn’t depict anything we haven’t seen in a HHN house before.......and the scare zone is one of the best.

But, I think we’ve seen it all now.

Went to Vivo for dinner again last night.......sat at the bar which we prefer over a table in there........can highly recommend this place for food......it is so good........

Have a great Thursday........

@Charade67 I want to, but I'm still thinking about it. It doesn't take long for it to get hot (to me) so thinking about whether it's worth it, or not to stop by for only a few hours before going back home, or just wait until it actually does cool down a little more so I can actually spend more time there.

@schumigirl What did you think of Universal's Monsters? I only saw a video, but I was surprised at how many legendary monsters they got involved with that house.

Also, morning @pattyw and @Lynne G, as well as all the other homies that haven't woken up yet!

Good Morning Robbie and Dix. Sun is out, and setting a golden Autumn sky. Will be ready for my lunchtime walk.

And yes, the sweater is on. Too cool for me. And wee, the retiring co-worker that has the best cheesecake making brother, has brought in quite an assortment of cheesecakes. Why yes, that key lime one is calling my name, so perfect with the tea I am having. It is a good morning!

Ugh.
Had to get up early for tests done
I'm not the type to be somewhere at 7 am........

Then had to shuttle Mr Mac to a town 25 minutes from home to drop off his car due to a recall for a part.
Thought it would take until late afternoon but they called it was ready earlier than planned.

Another drive to drop him off to get his car.

I prefer only having to deal with one event per day, not two a day....
lol

It's hot here and still in the 90's
We need rain!
Sunday will be 95 still, so won't have an issue with hot weather in Orlando when I get there.

I hope to start my packing Saturday night.
What I forget to pack, I can always buy in florida

Hope all the homies are having a good week and everyone stays healthy!

Yay! Robbie has one more sleep! Safe travels tomorrow.

Mac, hope your tests come back that you're doing well, and passed with flying colors. And yay, for your 2 more night sleeps. Saw on the news, heat waves for all the South. Fine with me, as enjoy hot weather. At least with the high weather system over the Southern part of the country, at least until Tuesday, means no hurricane to worry about, and beautiful weather.

I'm at 4 days, and 3 sleeps. Woot!

Enjoy seeing you're having fun, Patty. Weather looks perfect.

And Schumi, yep, no need to fret, as great hotel you are staying at, and you will be home this coming week. Will be very nice if I can catch a hello to you. I'll be at SF for my first 3 nights. So, up at the bar, you like, would be very easy for me.

Will be happy to also say hi to Robbie, Robo, Patty, and Mac. Keisha, I think, too. Sweet!

Oh, and Dix, gotta get your Disney fix one of these days. Just don't tour in the heat of the day.

With that, a perfect, mostly sunny, warm lunchtime walk. Almost did not want to come in, was so nice out.

Ah, the tree is now in it's Fall color, a pretty browns and oranges. Breeze too, so gently swaying tree.

Have a joyful afternoon, homies.

And, since I have to get ready for my Monday plane ride, decided to take off tomorrow, and start my holiday early.

Yay! :cool1: Nice to have a day to pack & prepare for your vacay!

Went to Vivo for dinner again last night.......sat at the bar which we prefer over a table in there........can highly recommend this place for food......it is so good........

Where is Vivo? Sounds like a place to add to our to-do list!:thumbsup2

Yay!!! I leave tomorrow!!!!!

:cool1: NIce!!

I hope to start my packing Saturday night.
What I forget to pack, I can always buy in florida

:cheer2: Hope your tests went well- and see ya soon!!

Enjoy seeing you're having fun, Patty. Weather looks perfect.

Thanks! Galaxy Edge was awesome!!
thumbnail_IMG_7691.jpg

Oga's was fun!

thumbnail_IMG_7701.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7714.jpg

and the weather is amazing! Little hotter and more humid today, but bright, bright sunshine!!:sunny:

DS is feeling better today, which is a good thing because they miss so much of school with just being out for a day. Thanks for all of the well wishes!

Our 17th wedding anniversary is on Saturday so we will probably go out for a nice dinner, maybe a movie. No gift exchange unless your count the warm water (hot water heater) and clean floors (vacuum) purchased last weekend.:rotfl2:Actually, we are going on a Caribbean cruise 439150 with 3 other couples in December so that is our gift to each other. A week of grown-up fun!439148439149

More excitement with all the trip countdowns. Happy packing and safe travels to Lynne, Mac, Rapstar and anyone I may have missed. Have great trips!!

Dh took his car to the body shop today. The car looked like it had deep scratches. It even felt like scratches. The guy at the body shop said nope, just tar damage. He cleaned off the car and didn’t charge Dh anything. Now we know where to go if we ever actually need body work.

Glad that the scratches turned out not to be malicious. Very nice that they were able to repair it for free and now you know where to take your vehicle for body work. Win Win.

Got our May flights rebooked with Virgin Atlantic........:cheer2: tried to ignore the price.......:scared1:

That is great news. Good to get those details pinned down early. Vivo is another place we haven't tried yet. I love Italian so we will add it to our list for next trip.

Cheers homies. Have a lovely morning and hope all are getting ready for a terrific Friday. Sending hugs and get well wishes. Some of those get well wishes go to Cam's DS too. Yeah, as soon as school starts, the sharing of sick bugs start. Hope he is feeling better.

Thanks so much. Yes, the germ sharing is in full force. Luckily, he is feeling better today.

Cam.....I missed reading your son was poorly.....hope he feels better soon.....there’s a lot of sniffles and coughs here too........and people do not cover their mouth when doing so......drives us nuts!!!! No wonder folks catch stuff.........

Thanks, DS is feeling better!! Uggh, I am right there with you. If I see someone coughing in a grocery aisle, I do a quick about-face and head the other direction or hold my breath until I get far away:rotfl:

It's hot here and still in the 90's
We need rain!
Sunday will be 95 still, so won't have an issue with hot weather in Orlando when I get there.

No rain here either. Very dry and I don't think there is an end in sight. I do like the warm weather but it is time for some rain. Sounds like you are definitely on the go today. Hope things go well with your tests.

@macraven Hope your results turn out good. Also, you're a couple of days away!

@Lynne G Truth! It's just they have been doing a lot of construction at Epcot and MK in the parking lot area. So, I have a feeling walking there will be a breeze in the morning, but walking back I'm sure will feel differently, especially when it's warmer out.

@pattyw Thanks for sharing those photos. Looks amazing. Those drinks look good too.

@cam757 Glad your DS is feeling better. It's great that you got your anniversary to look forward to this weekend and a cruise in Dec!

Good Thursday evening Sans family :wave2:

584C1435-472C-4499-AC7D-3115EB7BE181.jpeg

Have Fun...any trip to those lands is great!!!!

My sister and I had a great time looking at the Batuu.....pretty incredible.

If you ride Smuggler’s Run I hope you do better on the Falcon that I did.

Decided not to do Smuggler’s Run.....will wait and enjoy that with the family....looks awesome though.

EC38CB89-725A-4D40-8BB9-0C08CD3A4C6A.jpeg

So grateful I got to meet Patty & husband, Robo, and Monyklyn! We had a wonderful evening.

Sue was so nice meeting with you all. Hope your getting settled back home and planning your next trip.

DS is home sick with a cold. Too early in the school year for colds and absences.

Cam hope your son feels better soon.

The guy at the body shop said nope, just tar damage. He cleaned off the car and didn’t charge Dh anything. Now we know where to go if we ever actually need body work.

Great to hear it was just tar and no major repair.

food at finnegans decent and beer is cold. First HHN of season for us woot

Great pic of you and your Mr in the Byers living room.

Up early, early today!! We booked a room at the All Stars so that we can do EMH at the Studios!! Off to check out Star Wars land soon! :chewy: :darth:

Great pic of you, Joe and Troy in Oga’s Cantina. My sister and I were at Batuu on Tuesday and we really in enjoyed ourselves. I built a R2 Droid and shipped it home.

F6D09C72-A57A-4B21-9AAB-6C0B066F5E02.jpeg

D81AED53-02FA-47F4-9AD1-724F9023057D.jpeg

B33EE4A0-BD8F-400D-9EF6-D9C5D0ABB284.jpeg

17E9387D-A2E3-4767-802B-26041B5B4C5D.jpeg

63F77E76-F803-460B-AA50-998A164454D4.jpeg

AF597B23-A41A-4A9A-AEC0-F6E2FD1633FC.jpeg

5C372A66-5897-4CB7-B782-FFA8017D61EE.jpeg

Seems the repatriation flights are running a day behind at the moment.....folks supposed to be flying home last night are now going tonight, same with previous night. So we may have an extra night after all....not sure yet. I know we’ll be fine though with the hotel.......not much we can do about the flight........

On the bright side....Yeah....... to one more day of vacation if needed.

I'm at 4 days, and 3 sleeps. Woot!

You will be here before you know it Lynne.....Yeah to another day off work.

Where is Vivo? Sounds like a place to add to our to-do list!:thumbsup2

It’s in CityWalk.

Hugs and prayers for Tink.

The weather has been ideal. I keep saying I can’t believe how nice it has been in the evening compared to my experiences with HHN in past.

Have done all the houses. Have enjoyed HHN every night so far.

Relaxed at pool today. Will go out and decide were to eat dinner lots of choices.

Had to get pic of my sons fav Star Wars character

3F05C3BE-CB21-4D68-9F0F-F2A72E4C8F9B.jpeg

Last edited:
Well yesterday was boiling hot in Orlando, did last ride Minions then Diagon Alley. Took Hogwarts Express which took more time than what was posted. But the thought of walking to IOA to the back of the park was ugh. So hot. Heat got dialed up for my last day. I wanted to try the Fish & Chips at Hogsmead to compare with Diagon Alley. Verdict is- not as good. I wanted to try single rider on Hagarids but line was closed. I think they were closing early.

Then my new string bag backpack from Hard Rock broke. I was zipping up outside pouch and zipper pull came off in my hand. So now one more stop on the way back to HRH. I didn’t ride Forbidden Journey for fear I wouldn’t have enough time.
I stopped at Jimmy Fallon in The Studios on the way back as it was a walk on every time we went, but not that day. The Gods were conspiring against me. So continued on to Hard Rick store in City Walk to see about exchanging bag. All went well. And I continued on my walk back to HRH.

Some last thoughts, I enjoyed HRH. Room was very comfy, and our view was great of the pool and Rip Rocket. Could even see Hogsmeade Castle in the distance.
Nice food options with 2 restaurants plus Beachclub and a quick service place downstairs.
Pool area is nice and has a great slide. And location, location, location! Steps away from the Studios.

Pattyw we ate at Vivo. Very nice.

Charade glad car wasn’t keyed!

Lynne won’t be long now. Mac too. Rapstar tomorrow! Yay.

Pumpkin snow? That’s just so wrong. Guess our rain is your snow as it moves east across the Rockies.

Good Thursday evening Sans family :wave2:

View attachment 439161

My sister and I had a great time looking at the Batuu.....pretty incredible.

Decided not to do Smuggler’s Run.....will wait and enjoy that with the family....looks awesome though.

View attachment 439169

Sue was so nice meeting with you all. Hope your getting settled back home and planning your next trip.

Cam hope your son feels better soon.

Great to hear it was just tar and no major repair.

Great pic of you and your Mr in the Byers living room.

Great pic of you, Joe and Troy in Oga’s Cantina. My sister and I were at Batuu on Tuesday and we really in enjoyed ourselves. I built a R2 Droid and shipped it home.

View attachment 439167

View attachment 439168

View attachment 439170

View attachment 439171

View attachment 439172

View attachment 439173

View attachment 439174

On the bright side....Yeah....... to one more day of vacation if needed.

You will be here before you know it Lynne.....Yeah to another day off work.

It’s in CityWalk.

Hugs and prayers for Tink.

The weather has been ideal. I keep saying I can’t believe how nice it has been in the evening compared to my experiences with HHN in past.

Have done all the houses. Have enjoyed HHN every night so far.

Relaxed at pool today. Will go out and decide were to eat dinner lots of choices.

Had to get pic of my sons fav Star Wars character

View attachment 439175
Great pics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!