Something About Nothing............ #14

And the later, early bird is here.

Sunny ☀ day, this Sunday. And waiting for little one’s train. Seems shopping is on her mind too. And with this cooler morning, temps will be close to 90, with increasing humidity. So, the rest of the wash is hung out to dry. I am thinking by early afternoon, I can bring it in dry.

9702DBFC-9DE1-46A7-B7F2-DB8B0CDF5F2C.jpeg

Morning! Last day here already. Did the UtH tour yesterday (so cool) and then went and got in line for Hagrids magical creature - wow is that amazing!! Think we are gonna try to do it again today. We were wiped out after so went to dinner (Bubba Gumps) then back to Resort. We thought we might do a late night HHN but we were absolute wiped out after our series of early mornings and late nights and 8-12 miles of walking daily. I hit pool and hot tub for a short while (ET was playing at the pool) and early to bed. Going to wake the girl child in a bit to get to parks before 10 to get some rides in before it gets too busy.
Attempting to meet up with Sue and Patty later today, invite to Robo as well (Schumi can’t make it but hope to see her and Tom later at HHN).
DD has photographed nearly every inch of our days lol. Think she has close to 1000 pics, but many are duplicates as she took 2-3 each time. Will post some after we get home.

Hope all are having a wonderful Sunday and many have upcoming trips too?

Sunday funday :). Closed up pool yesterday, today will flirt with 90 degrees & high humidity lol

I’m sure I mentioned it before but ridiculously excited that after nearly 2 decades of HHN visits the mr greenlighted things and a cancellation came thru for the 6 house tour. Wooooooooooooo!

Still haven’t activated new phones, today for sure. Will have jr here to help with backup if needed. Just don’t want to trek to ATT store. It’s the transfer of stuff via their app vs store employee just using cord process that makes me nervous

Bacon is frying, stir fry is prepped, usually make chicken wings on sunday for game but have a feeling we will be close to a shut out boohoo

Lynne - did u see the end of PITT game last night? Big upset with trick play, same one you guys used to beat Pats in SB lol

Monyk - sounds like u r having so much fun! I forget, which resort for you this trip @ u?

Sunday funday :). Closed up pool yesterday, today will flirt with 90 degrees & high humidity lol

I’m sure I mentioned it before but ridiculously excited that after nearly 2 decades of HHN visits the mr greenlighted things and a cancellation came thru for the 6 house tour. Wooooooooooooo!

Still haven’t activated new phones, today for sure. Will have jr here to help with backup if needed. Just don’t want to trek to ATT store. It’s the transfer of stuff via their app vs store employee just using cord process that makes me nervous

Bacon is frying, stir fry is prepped, usually make chicken wings on sunday for game but have a feeling we will be close to a shut out boohoo

Lynne - did u see the end of PITT game last night? Big upset with trick play, same one you guys used to beat Pats in SB lol

Monyk - sounds like u r having so much fun! I forget, which resort for you this trip @ u?
Sapphire Falls. I love this resort (first time here). And yay for the tour! also first time we did this tour. Going to be a must do every HHN now. Learned so much and so fun to see “behind the scenes”.
Yes we are having a blast. Lucky with this gorgeous weather too!!
And I didn’t even come close to passing out on Hulk this time (very close previous rides lol). Wait times aren’t bad at all. 15 minutes for Hulk this am. About 8 for Spider-Man. 10 minute wait for Mythos for lunch. Hagrids is showing 90 so may hop on line and then headband out for a rest.

At Strongwater. The teen is napping hard. So I’m letting her sleep. Ashley’s drink! She wanted to know how I heard about it -Carole you are a legend here. And it’s sooooo good.

Lol.......aww shucks......thanks.......I like the word legend.......:rotfl:We were in SW the other night and Ashley was telling us how many folks had ordered it after reading it on a trip report......lol......I’m so happy you loved it!!! Gorgeous drink........

Congrats on the tour!!!!

And I like the new iPhone......our friend had his yesterday, he came up to the lounge to see us for a chat and showed it to us........looks cool!!!

Trip is ever closer........

Sapphire Falls. I love this resort (first time here). And yay for the tour! also first time we did this tour. Going to be a must do every HHN now. Learned so much and so fun to see “behind the scenes”.
And I didn’t even come close to passing out on Hulk this time (very close previous rides lol). Wait times aren’t bad at all. 15 minutes for Hulk this am. About 8 for Spider-Man. 10 minute wait for Mythos for lunch. Hagrids is showing 90 so may hop on line and then headband out for a rest.

I’m happy you enjoyed Sapphire too........it’s so close for us between the RP and Sapphire.......and yes, isn’t the weather glorious!

Back in room for a chill down before heading up to lounge before HHN.....time to relax a little.

Been having the BEST time here.........went to Winter Park this morning, so peaceful and beautiful......ready for HHN tonight again........

Hope all are good..........

Back home after another good HHN.......

It wasn’t mobbed, but fairly busy. Houses were anywhere from 45 minutes up, and when we left Ghostbusters was 90 minutes.

Nice cool breeze tonight........finally did Depths of Fear......it sucked!

Been a funny couple of days. Our airline has gone bust :sad2: ......feel sorry for folks who work for them more than anyone else. When we chatted to our friend in the lobby the other day, Mr Beiderman came over to say hello and they assured us if we needed to extend our trip they’d make sure we had a room......good to know. We thought we might have to book flights with someone else and it might not be on the 2nd. Heyho......these things happen.......not much we could do again, so it was go with the flow again. We knew this was coming for a while, but always hoped they would be ok. (Long shot)

But, found out tonight they are repatriating everyone until Oct 6th, so we’ll get home without having to buy new flights.

Time for a shower and bed........will decide what to do tomorrow when we wake up.........

Schumi I was reading about Thomas Cooke on line and thought to myself, Carole and Tom may have a few extra days of vacation in Orlando

( and that would be awesome !)

The beginning of your trip was delayed due to weather and now you can gain that time back

I did read all passengers will be taken care of and all will have a flight back to the UK

I know the hotel will take excellent care of you and other UK guests that are in this situation

If you are there longer than you want, come to Georgia and bunk with us
That is if you like mountains and ridges
And hot weather without rain

I fly out Sunday and prepared nothing yet
But I am a last minute packer and I hustle everything night before I fly out

I planned out my room, flight and private car service last year or this September trip
(And hhn tours booked early june)
Other than that, waiting until the last minute to do the packing and shopping

Kind of like me in vacation mode now
Do everything at the last minute

Anyway, I know you won’t fret if you have to stay a few more days on Orlando

Hope you have been able to see some of the homies and had a few glasses of wine with them

On a sad note Vicki posted in Facebook her brother died yesterday
I need to get a card out to her tomorrow

Oh no.

Lots of sympathy to TInk and her family. I am so sorry to hear of her DB's passing.

Ack, Schumi, the going out of business made big news where I live. Glad to hear they will get you home, regardless, and will be able to stay a night or two more, if needed. I'm with you, with travel, you just have to deal with the changes. I too was thinking you had used them to book your travel. On a good note, I may have a better chance of saying hello, if you do stay a day or two more. :)

With that, MonyK sound like she's having a great time. Very much enjoy seeing the pictures. And glad you are enjoying SF, as I am staying there starting next week, for a few days. First time there, though I have eaten in their restaurant, and looked around, when I was staying at RPR. Though on next Thursday, I'll be moving over to RPR for the rest of my stay. Happy you got to ride the new Potter ride. It is a fun ride.

Keisha, no did not see that game, but how fun to see the Philly Special played. And hope you activated your phones without issues. Yeah, that is one of the reasons I am delaying my upgrade of my 7. While I like the looks of the new ones, it seems to take me a long time to get the screens like I want. And with little one and older one having newer phones, bought last year, I am still getting used to not having a home button, like I currently have. They, of course, had no issues at all. And both transferred their stuff quick, at home, though I think older one did it in the store, as he does not have nearly as much stuff as little one has.

And yay, Mac is getting in vacation mode. Will be nice to see ya, and you can think of me, as I will be up at 3am that following Monday morning. Nothing like an early flight to enjoy a full day. Even this early bird thinks that's early. But no matter,

I'll wave as I go past GA, to all the GA homies, and TinyD, now in FLA, though I think she's partying in HHN right now, as her birthday was the other day. Think married life looks good on her. Hope she is doing well.

Countdown is 7 days, though 6 sleeps. Getting closer. Wheee.

Now, more tea, seems with the entry of Fall at 3:50am today, we get 90 degrees, with humid air, and chance of thunderstorm. Yeah, 438157. Thankfully, more seasonable 70's will be the highs the rest of the week.

Was a warm, and very dark commute. Those clouds are not yet hogging the sky, so happy to have the moonlight and stars brighten the sky.

And we arrive at today, a Monday.

438158 Yep, the week-end went fast. And a little one sighting. Seems she forgot her cleats, and is enjoying the soccer club. As older one lamented, yeah why is SHE here. He's a good big brother though, did drive her back to school, to save her train ticket money.

So, for each and every homie:

438159. Have a very 438160

Oh, and I think MonyK is traveling home today. Safe travels, and put those feet up, lots of miles you did. Bet those chickens will be happy to see you both.

Oh that’s so sad about Vicki’s brother. Thank you for letting us know mac.....I don’t have Facebook so wouldn’t have heard.

Yes, we’ll be ok with the flights home it seems. We were prepared to pay overpriced flights to get home if need be, but looks like we’ll be repatriated same day we were due to fly home as we are flying before the 6th.........of course that could change. But as always we go with the flow........and thanks for the offer of a bed.......lol.....the hotel have been fabulous as always.

Oh yes....last minute packer here too.......I’m with you....see no need for it weeks ahead. And I do know folks who do that! Not long till Sunday.....

Thanks Lynne.......yes, roll with the punches....we don’t have any other choice.......but we should fly home on the 2nd as planned.......

Feet ache a little today.....seems we walked over 20,000 steps last night alone, not including during the day! No wonder they hurt..........still no idea what we’re doing today........going out for dinner later down to Pointe Orlando, that’s about as much as we know today.

So many folks I knew were at HHN last night......didn’t see one person we knew.

Have a great Monday all........

I'd say Happy Monday, but that is sad news about her brother.

I hope all is well with everyone else. @schumigirl hope your feet feel better soon. 20,000 steps in one night alone is incredible.

Also @Monykalyn sounds like you're having a lot of luck in the wait department and having a lot of fun which is great news.

I'm the same way when it comes to packing too @macraven. While 28 days is far from leaving Sunday in comparison, I tell myself I'm going to start thinking about what I need, or pack since this cruise thing is different for me, but then I don't. It even took me until a few days ago to get luggage when my friends have been nagging me to get it for months since we've booked.

I see @Lynne G is up this morning, so good morning! Also, good morning to all the other homies that are home, getting ready to leave, or busy enjoying their stay at their resorts!

Good Morning, Dix! Hope your teleworking is working out today.

Quiet for me, so far. And ready to put that sweater on. Overcast, but getting close to 80. Yeah, and sweater will come off when the lunchtime walk begins. Ponytail may be seen, as well.

Oooh, and I think Patty is now at the Dark Side. Hope your flight from OBX was uneventful, and are enjoying some HHN fun, and the HR room. Sorry to miss ya this year, as enjoyed meeting you and Joe.

So sad for You Vickie, hang in there. If he was anything like you bet he was a great guy with a lot of heart.
Those are great standby times! We really enjoy SF, if it offered fotl would Likely be a first choice. That’s why I was so surprised the mr asked fir
We thought we might have to book flights with someone else and it might not be on the 2nd. Heyho......these things happen.......not much we could do again, so it was go with the flow again. We knew this was coming for a while, but always hoped they would be ok. (Long shot)
I’d like to think they don’t happen lol. all working out in the wash though. Not sure I’d have rolled with the punches as well tho
Kind of like me in vacation mode now
Do everything at the last minute
Last 2 trips was up till 11pm packing due to interruptions. Yes, thought of you & how you roll lol. Don’t need that adrenaline rush this time, decided I’m shooting to ha e bulk of things stowed away today.
Keisha, no did not see that game, but how fun to see the Philly Special played. And hope you activated your phones without issues. Yeah, that is one of the reasons I am delaying my upgrade of my 7. While I like the looks of the new ones, it seems to take me a long time to get the screens like I want. And with little one and older one having newer phones, bought last year, I am still getting used to not having a home button, like I currently have.
Did the walk of shame to Att store. My phone froze and I couldn’t get it to reset Seems fine now but not exactly what to have happen when it first turns on.

Lack of Home button is odd but almost past that. It’s the camera that is throwing me for a loop on the features. I need to dig on YouTube for a dumbed down tutorial. Whatever happened to written directions being included ha?

Oh no poor Tink, how sad!
Didn’t get to see Carole and Tom this trip but Patty, and Joe, Robby, Sue and I met at Hrd rock for a drink- that lasted 4 hours! So. Much. Fun. Had a great time. DD went through a couple houses by herself waiting for me. Also gave her a chance to take pictures. Did Ghostbusters, Us, Nightingales, classic monsters (decided to skip Depth of Fear) Yeti and Graveyard games. High fived Venkman on way out of Ghostbusters. Also saw lagoon show and did Mummy. Finally tried some HHN food- the street corn and Bento box were good. Did get on Hagrids after 64 minute wait.

Boarding getting ready to start. On standby in Atlanta but looks like we will make the flight. Was hoping for travel voucher offer on way home lol.

Schumi glad your flights working out ok for home.
Lynne and Mac in countdown mode.
Morning Disxuni and Keisha!
My feet are tired. We did over 8 miles a day (some days 10-12).

Keisha, yeah, that's why I have little one. When ever I have phone issues, she's generally, here's how to do it. Faster thumbs than me, for sure. I'm a fat finger puncher. Agreed, new camera, can see the difference between my phone's and little one's, though not much, but her phone's ones are a bit more clear, and better color. May hold out until BF. May be some deals from Target, and hopefully, Apple too. Think last year, gift card from both. Anything will help, as eek, the price for new one. Almost done paying off my current one, one more payment.

I so need tea, and hope MonyK and DD got on that flight. Safe travels, ladies.

:wave2: quick stop in in early before I tackle my morning stacks of papers...I really don't like Monday mornings

Sounds like everyone is having a great time in Orlando with meet ups, HHN, the mouse house, and the wonderful weather!!! Schumi I'm glad that airline fiasco doesn't interupt your plans too much. I was secretly hoping that you would get a few extra days...since you lost a couple of days coming across. But it is still sad to hear of another business going under - and such a big one at that. Those who are employed by them. It is just plain scary at times.

It was a busy week with nothing really...would stop in and read a bit...and hope to post...and something would distract me that needed doing.

Had a wonderful weekend. I had the weekend off from the second job. So Saturday, the hubby and boys did some work in the yard moving all our toys ( RV, ATVs, boat, snowmachines ) and moved things around in our shed to move that dang snow blower to the door to be ready for when that nasty white stuff hits the ground. UGH...the weather forcast is snow Friday...which hopefully won't last. It's not unusual for us to get one early blast of winter...then it goes away and Indian summer whips back in. So I'm crossing my finger that we don't get much snow and that it goes away fast! And while they were working outside...I just got to putz and clear away some clutter, and just enjoy being at home. I do like days like those.

Yesterday was a quiet day. Headed out earlier to get the weekly grocery shopping before the masses were heading out. I probably should have been working in my project room...but we just lazed around, reading, watching a movie and just relaxing. We haven't had much time to do that...so it was a nice quiet day. I could really use another one lol OH well...I will just count our many blessings.

Well, I should probably tackle this pile of papers in front of me, my timmy's tea is almost gone...so that means I should get my butt in gear and get to work...instead of looking like I'm working :rolleyes1

Have a great day everyone...Safe travels for everyone traveling today.

Well we got home about 10PM Saturday after a week at Universal. Wanted more than to sleep in Sunday morning but we were committed to a big car show. To my complete surprise I won a trophy for Best Domestic! Later today we're going to retrieve SqurlGurl from the sitter.

70558264_10219576047822971_1746070880619855872_o.jpg

Oooh, and I think Patty is now at the Dark Side. Hope your flight from OBX was uneventful, and are enjoying some HHN fun, and the HR room. Sorry to miss ya this year, as enjoyed meeting you and Joe.

Yes- we're Here!!! Great flight from OBX- nice when the weather is calm and no delays!! I'm still holding out that we can do a quick cup of coffee on the morning of the 30th after you check in and before we leave!

Patty, and Joe, Robby, Sue and I met at Hrd rock for a drink- that lasted 4 hours! So. Much. Fun. Had a great time

Had a blast with all of you!!! 4 hours seemed like just a few minutes! The time flew!! Thank you to Monyk for planning this meet; glad we were able to get together!!

thumbnail_IMG_7544.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yes, Patty, would be happy to have a cup of coffee with you and Joe, before you leave. Should be landing around 8:15am, so hoping I'll be on the road, before 9am, and in SF around 1/2 later, if traffic not an issue.

Walk for lunch was ooh, hot. Sunny as sunny out right now, so the warm up is here.

Great picture of all the homies. Thanks for that, Patty.

Feet ache a little today.....seems we walked over 20,000 steps last night alone, not including during the day! No wonder they hurt..........still no idea what we’re doing today........going out for dinner later down to Pointe Orlando, that’s about as much as we know today.

Wow, that is a lot of steps. I wonder how many miles you will have done at the end of your trip. We were there just a week and did over 50 miles.

Sorry to read about the airline. I immediately thought of you when I read about it. Glad it will not effect your travel plans home.

Boarding getting ready to start. On standby in Atlanta but looks like we will make the flight. Was hoping for travel voucher offer on way home lol.

Glad you have a great trip. Safe travels home.

. UGH...the weather forcast is snow Friday...

Snow already! OMG. If we get snow, it is usually late December through early March. I do love a good snowstorm but they are few and far between for us. Maybe this year, we are due one since it has been several years.

Well its Monday again! Had a pretty decent weekend. DH's family reunion was on Saturday. Nice turnout with lots of good food, especially the eastern NC BBQ, which is my favorite. DH's grandmother is 92 now so I help her organize and set up. It made her so happy to see so many turnout.

Sunday was a bit of an expensive day. The hot water heater decided to start leaking and my vacuum decided that after only 2 years, it was done as well. Thankfully DH is fairly handy and was able to get the old hot water heater out and install the new one. My skill is finding good deals. So off I went to Kohls where I got my new vac on sale and I had a special 40% off promo code so ended up saving about $200 on the vac. Wish I could say the same for the hot water heater.

Another lovely day. Too bad I am stuck indoors.

Safe travels to everyone heading out or home today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!