Something About Nothing............ #14

Does anyone know what kind of food they serve at Hard Rock Live concerts? We got table seats for November. I’m excited.
Welcome!!

Nice to see you dropped in here!

I don’t have an answer for you on the food at the live concert but hope someone here can help you with that

All I know is what I have read on the boards but nothing recently

Does anyone know what kind of food they serve at Hard Rock Live concerts? We got table seats for November. I’m excited.

I’ve read they sell typically hot dogs, chicken fingers, popcorn, chicken sandwiches and other kinds of sandwiches, nachos and that type of food up until 30 minutes before show. The actual mix of food offerings may vary with each show.

Good evening everyone. Today was a less hectic day than yesterday. I am starting to get some resolution on a massive claim problem that I have been working on for months.
I called my doctor’s office this morning. The prescription was just an error made by the NP. She thanked me for bringing it to her attention.

...I love falling asleep watching
Don’t know what happened to the rest of that quote. It was supposed to say watching TV. The only time I don’t like falling asleep in front of the TV us when I really want to see how a show ends, but just can’t stay awake long enough.

Had a great birthday here today. Came to breakfast in the Club lounge and they had a card, buttons and balloons for me. Wore the button into the parks and got dozens of Happy Birthdays,then got another card from the evening Lounge crew and found sparkling wine and strawberries in our room!
I’m a little late, but Happy Birthday!! What nice gifts from the hotel.

We ended up doing all 4 parks in one day,
That sounds exhausting. I’ve never done a Disney park hopper.

VA will be in the low 70's tomorrow and Thursday.
Mid to high 70s in my part of VA, but I welcome it after temps in the mid-high 90s.

In the past, I've been able to rough it sometimes, but the past couple of years it's like a no-fly zone between June through Sept. I can't handle it. Just gives me another excuse to going to the parks more than I need to in the fall / winter to get my fill. However, a lot of people love this weather.
I’m with you. I cannot do theme parks when it is so hot out. Heat and I do not get along very well. (I get terrible headaches.) We usually take our FL vacations in November and December.

Well-it is Tuesday and tomorrow is off to orlando!
Safe travels.

You know your old when your excited over a closet organizer system
Truth. I would love to have a huge walk in closet with a nice organizer system.

The surf was huge so we didn’t get in the beach, but wandered over the other side of the road where there is a little boardwalk and saw some manatees and even a dolphin or two in the distance.....
How cool.

. I photographed almost everything we ate,
Everything looks really good. I want to try those scallops.

A/C back ON yay! was a capacitor or some such thingy (I seriously almost asked the technician if it was a flux capacitor :rotfl2:- he was like 12 though so doubt he was old enough to get the reference:rotfl:
Today I had a client make a reference to Different Strokes. I was surprised, because she didn' look old enough to know that show.

I napped some this afternoon, but am still feeling sleepy. Maybe I will get some decent sleep tonight. Here’s hoping.

Hope you get a good night sleep, Charade.

MonyK, safe travels early tomorrow morning.

Dix, glad to hear your change to teleworking went well.

Me, bed is calling. Have a nice night, and with this nice clear skies, overnight temps will be around 50 degrees. Per news weather lady, coolest overnight that we have not had for some time. Hey, windows open and no AC. Good sleeping.

💡 on to all those night 🦉 homies.

This morning we were at IOA by 8:15, in line for park opening, we were just going to check out Hagrids but not ride today, lol. So much for that! We got swept up with the excitement and rode. It was about an hour wait but didn’t seem like it. We were looking at the interesting things along the queue, all new to us. And had some fun conversations with the 2 Brits behind us. Wow! The ride didn’t disappoint! Brilliant.

We walked around Hogsmede looking at stores, rode FJ, bought one daughter a backpack and chocolate frog, then took the train to the Studios. Had lunch at Monsters Cafe, went to Passholder lounge to pick up my magnets. Still no buttons whah. Rode Jimmy Fallon, Mummy- I don’t recall such hard stopping at the end. Almost threw up a lung! Both my stomach and back got it. On the way out of the park went on Shrek & Minions. Love those rides. But sad about the 3-D taken out of Minions. It was better with.
Back to HRH by 3:00 for a pool break.
Back at parks in the evening, IOA. Confisco Grille closed so on to Mythos. Had a great waiter Viktor and a wonderful meal. A5129FA3-0F05-4B5D-8F9B-676902BCDD23.jpeg864A9A4A-82D3-45ED-8F0A-95E0E4156CEB.jpeg864A9A4A-82D3-45ED-8F0A-95E0E4156CEB.jpegA5129FA3-0F05-4B5D-8F9B-676902BCDD23.jpeg864A9A4A-82D3-45ED-8F0A-95E0E4156CEB.jpegA5129FA3-0F05-4B5D-8F9B-676902BCDD23.jpeg
First was friends meal, beef medallions, second was mine, risotto with salmon. Delicious.
We haven’t decided where we are starting tomorrow. But I better get some sleep!

Yum, enjoy seeing those Mythos food pictures, Sue. And yay, for getting up early, and riding Hagrid's. Fun ride, for sure. And so nice to be able to park hop, and enjoy rides. Yeah, sometimes I find Mummy ruff. That's a fun ride too. Yeah, Minions changing was not welcome by most. As a motion sickness person, I'd be curious if it's any better for me.

Hope all had a good night, including Charade and Robo.

And such a cutie 2 month old, and dinosaur outfit is adorable. Thanks for sharing Kfish.

With that, yep, that day of the week, we all say, 436839. That's right. Even though some say, 436840 Yes,

but others say: 436842. Yep, hump of a day, means that each of the homies can say: 436843

And then, of course, to ensure Keisha's knowing the day, 436841 Why yes it is.

436845 Particularly those enjoying that hot and humid Florida heat, Sue, Squirlz, Casey, MonyK, and Schumi.

Me, tea, of course. 55 degree commute, said the car. But clear enough, bright white moon, ooh, stars and planes. Generally quick commute, and now, a darkish orange horizon. Another nice, cooler day in store. But dry. And yay, by Friday, we will see Summer like temps again. Perfect weather. Okay, now need to get that sweater on. Wonderful Wednesday to each homie. And hope, MonyK is in the air, ready for some fun. Safe travels.

Good morning from the PBH.

The kiddo is having a hard time getting out of bed this morning, I’ve already run to Starbucks. I could have gotten my coffee in the club lounge, but it seemed like too far of a hike when my body is screaming for caffeine, lol.

We’re going to try to get on Hagrid at some point today. I promised the kid breakfast at 3 Broomsticks but she’s slowly snoring that option away.

So, not totally sure what today entails other than a long break in the pool for our feet, and Horror Nights tonight! Probably not doing Stay and Scream tonight because we have express. We may do Cowfish for lunch.

Not as hot today, but swampy humid.

Finally got a chance to pop on and say good morning to all the homies!

The more I see of all your trips the more I wish I could be there to enjoy it all with you, especially as someone who often goes solo. Which I do have no complaints about, going solo is a great experience, but I do have to admit it's great sometimes to have a little bit of company, especially if it was someone like all you guys who are very passionate about the parks. Glad you're all able to finally have your Universal / Orlando trips and get to take a load off. For those who aren't there yet, soon it'll be your time! Also, can't wait to see all the HHN reviews.

@Charade67 November 1st is my birthday, so usually that's around the start time for me to go into the parks too, sometimes a little prior to that since I'm a massive fan of Halloween and usually in the past that's typically the time when things start to cool down. Lately it's been quite warm still, but at least it's not as intense.

@KStarfish82 She's absolutely adorable and the outfit makes it even better!

@Sue M I bet that tastes and smells even better than it looks and it already looks amazing. Those beef medallions are insta worthy and also that's some serious black truffle action!

@Robo56 and @Lynne G Yes, I made it! Yesterday all went well completely, but this morning I had a hiccup with my computer and phone, but apparently it wasn't just me luckily, everyone was having issues. The remote, as well as those still in the office, so at least it wasn't something I did wrong. However, tomorrow and the next day is the transition of our equipment which will be more interesting, especially since I do not know how to completely use my back up phone well (different model) and that is what we'll have to use for the next couple of days.

@Monykalyn Amen for AC! I always tell everyone that AC is the greatest invention of all time. I discovered that in 2004 when we were hit with four hurricanes almost back to back. My dad said "Even better than the computer?!" And I was like, "YES!" :laughing:

We love OBX, we live about 1 1/2 hours from Kill Devil Hills

ooh- it would be heavenly to live that close!!

Checked into the PBR. Absolutely love our room, we overlook the beach pool and can see the lagoon. Heading to VB, it’s a scorcher out there.

Have fun!

Well-it is Tuesday and tomorrow is off to orlando!

Yay!! See ya soon!

.it is just so gorgeous here right now.........

Keep the good weather going! Can't wait for some heat!!

This little girl is 2 months today!

Such an angel!!

Happy Wednesday all!

Lynne- LOVE the camel pic!

Last day of work before vacay!! Tomorrow is chore/packing day. Leaving for OBX Friday morning!! Can't wait to have a drink on the beach!!

Have a great day all!!!

I’ve read they sell typically hot dogs, chicken fingers, popcorn, chicken sandwiches and other kinds of sandwiches, nachos and that type of food up until 30 minutes before show. The actual mix of food offerings may vary with each show.
Thanks Lynne! Now I’ll know how to plan.

Quick lunchtime post from me. Slow at work today so I decided to run home and eat my leftover chili from last night. Today we have 75 degrees and very low humidity. It feels so nice.

Kfish - Your daughter is adorable.

we were just going to check out Hagrids but not ride today, lol. So much for that! We got swept up with the excitement and rode. It was about an hour wait but didn’t seem like it. We were looking at the interesting things along the queue, all new to us. And had some fun conversations with the 2 Brits behind us. Wow! The ride didn’t disappoint! Brilliant.
An hour isn’t too bad. Always fun to pass the time chatting with others in line.

First was friends meal, beef medallions, second was mine, risotto with salmon. Delicious.
Both look really good.

Hope all had a good night, including Charade and Robo.
I was sleeping well until Caspian decided to serenade us at 1:00. I did manage to get a somewhat decent night’s sleep though.

November 1st is my birthday, so usually that's around the start time for me to go into the parks too, sometimes a little prior to that since I'm a massive fan of Halloween and usually in the past that's typically the time when things start to cool down. Lately it's been quite warm still, but at least it's not as intense
We usually go at Thanksgiving or Christmas since that was the only time besides summer that B and dh had time off together. Now that they are both in the same school planning vacations should be easier.

Last day of work before vacay!! Tomorrow is chore/packing day. Leaving for OBX Friday morning!! Can't wait to have a drink on the beach!!
Safe travels and have a great trip.

Welcome Larissa!

Gotta get back to work.

19112C2F-23F9-40C1-AC8C-B163CAFC7D13.jpeg

Afternoon Sans family :wave2:

9DBB6225-7DAF-40DB-B69A-9AA6C638D8BD.jpeg

Wow those dishes look good......that looks like shaved truffles on the risotto?

The more I see of all your trips the more I wish I could be there to enjoy it all with you, especially as someone who often goes solo. Which I do have no complaints about, going solo is a great experience, but I do have to admit it's great sometimes to have a little bit of company, especially if it was someone like all you guys who are very passionate about the parks. Glad you're all able to finally have your Universal / Orlando trips and get to take a load off. For those who aren't there yet, soon it'll be your time! Also, can't wait to see all the HHN reviews.

I usually go to Universal with the grandchildren. So when they are not with me I miss them for sure.

If your travel plans ever coincide with any of us for sure it would be fun to meet up.

I’am ready for this trip to start. It seems like I spend more time getting ready to go as I get older. Don’t know if others feel the same.

I have printed my boarding pass and taken care of other business today. Have hair appointment at 2pm. Didn’t want to scare anyone with bad hair...LOL...although it’s HHN so might have gotten by.

Hoping I sleep better tonight. The problem has not been going to sleep, it’s been staying asleep last few nights. Was up at 3:45 am this morning.

Crostofer the Starbucks in the Piazza at Portofino is so convenient and the folks who work there are very nice too. I like getting my coffee fix there in the morning.

Kstar your sweet baby girl is beautiful. She has the longest eye lashes.

Lynne hope the tea was yummy this morning. Have a good day.

Pattyw have a good rest of your work day and happy packing tomorrow. You will be on the beach enjoying your cocktail before you know it.

Monyk should be enjoying some Orlando sunshine :sunny:

Charade hope all is going well with you and your kidney stone issue has resolved.

The kiddo is having a hard time getting out of bed this morning, I’ve already run to Starbucks. I could have gotten my coffee in the club lounge, but it seemed like too far of a hike when my body is screaming for caffeine, lol.

We’re going to try to get on Hagrid at some point today. I promised the kid breakfast at 3 Broomsticks but she’s slowly snoring that option away.

So, not totally sure what today entails other than a long break in the pool for our feet, and Horror Nights tonight! Probably not doing Stay and Scream tonight because we have express. We may do Cowfish for lunch.

We’re doing Cowfish for dinner!
Come over to HRH pool and say hi!
View attachment 436951

View attachment 436952

I usually go to Universal with the grandchildren. So when they are not with me I miss them for sure.

If your travel plans ever coincide with any of us for sure it would be fun to meet up.

I’am ready for this trip to start. It seems like I spend more time getting ready to go as I get older. Don’t know if others feel the same.

I have printed my boarding pass and taken care of other business today. Have hair appointment at 2pm. Didn’t want to scare anyone with bad hair...LOL...although it’s HHN so might have gotten by.

Hoping I sleep better tonight. The problem has not been going to sleep, it’s been staying asleep last few nights. Was up at 3:45 am this morning.

Crostofer the Starbucks in the Piazza at Portofino is so convenient and the folks who work there are very nice too. I like getting my coffee fix there in the morning.

Pattyw have a good rest of your work day and happy packing tomorrow. You will be on the beach enjoying your cocktail before you know it.

Charade hope all is going well with you and your kidney stone issue has resolved.
Almost there! Yes lots of black truffles. Yum

@Charade67 That makes sense. It's a great time of the year to go with all the decorations and everything that happens that time of the year. It's good when the stars align like that when it comes to timing.

@Robo56 Definitely! It seems a lot are having their trips in September, but when I decide to finally buy my pass it'll definitely be interesting to see who is making their trips then. I typically go very spontaneously since I'm fairly close, a lot of times I'll even go half a day and poof go back to reality. As much as I'd wish to spend the night there and really enjoy it, I've only done it a few times. But maybe this time around once I get my new pass I'll sometime take the time out and stay a little bit?

@Sue M Pictureees! Sorry. :laughing:

Yep......90 outside today, but very humid.

Look out for us tonight, we’re doing HHN too.......hope you have a good day and get to ride Hagrids........

Thanks! If I knew how many delicious food pictures were in this thread, I would’ve dropped in sooner.

Welcome along Larissa.........nice to see you here.......

View attachment 436951

View attachment 436952

Hey Robo.........tomorrow!!!! Lovely.......hope you have a safe travel day......I’m sure you’ll have a wonderful trip too........weather is glorious here......little cloudy today but it’s welcomed!!! Hope to run into you at some point........ :wave2:

Just been to Yellow Dog Eats for lunch......beautiful!! Now having an hour in the pool before Club Lounge and horror nights.......

Did the Orlando Eye this morning........always fun.

Hoping for some good scares tonight........did see something rather unpleasant on the way out this morning. Going to check news to see if it made it on. Hope it wasn’t what we thought.

Have a great Wednesday.........

Wonderful Wednesday pictures!

Nearly four years since last lockout over contract negotiations at the mr’s employer have passed quickly. The gauntlet is starting to be drawn by the company. Next week is an announced one week layoff/shutdown. Works for me:), will be enjoying CB for a few extra days this trip

Woo hoo indeed

Made baked taters with fried peppers, cheese and bacon. Easy meal, yep. Now have to buy more potatoes. Eh, this weekend, tomorrow most likely pasta or rice. Though it is taco Tuesday, so Mexican style rice, maybe? Have to see what in mood for.
So, a twice baked tater or topped with the goodies? Either way sounds delish
Had a great birthday here today. Came to breakfast in the Club lounge and they had a card, buttons and balloons for me. Wore the button into the parks and got dozens of Happy Birthdays,then got another card from the evening Lounge crew and found sparkling wine and strawberries in our room!View attachment 436520
Wow, how in the world did they figure out it was your
We ended up doing all 4 parks in one day, plus had a swim break. We were like energizer bunnies. Had lots and lots of food at Food and Wine and saw the end of the Smashmouth set. Our favorite F&W dish this year was the scallops from the Wine and Dine studio. We didn’t eat, nor did I drink, as much as I had planned to, or wanted to, because the real feel all afternoon yesterday was over 100 and that’s not good eating weather. Turns your tummy if things are too rich. We got full fast. I did try the Guinness Bailey’s shake finally, and it was delicious. Also, the Formosa from Simmering Sips is everything I ever wanted.

I also found a new Disney home, I don’t ever want to stay in another room here, ever again. Keep in mind, this is a garden view room. The terrace is HUGE. You could fit 10 people on this thing.
BWV is one of our ‘homes’. Check in next Saturday there. Please tell me you visited the clown pool

Most of the food booths @ F&W a bit too exotic for us. Do want to check out costal. Scallop scampi dip & the crab cake sound right up our alley.
Checked into the PBR. Absolutely love our room, we overlook the beach pool and can see the lagoon. Heading to VB, it’s a scorcher out there.
Have never had that view, sounds great. Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!