Something About Nothing............ #14

Hi Lynne!! We leave in the afternoon on 9/30- so not sure we'll be able to see each other! We leave for the airport about 11:30am. Our date change has affected a few meet-ups Joe and I were so looking forward to!! :( On a positive note, we'll be able to meet up with a few that we wouldn't have been able to with our original dates! I think we need a LONGER trip next year!:laughing:

Glad to be back- Wednesdays haven't been the same w/o seeing your camel pics!
It was shocking to hear you pulled out of the tour. Ship happens, sounds like things have started to rebound for you at least. Enjoy whatever plans you have in place!
So the only other person at my work who does the same job as me just quit without notice (well not just, she went on PTO last week and we found her ID left on her desk today). The director still says I can take the PTO I have scheduled, but now I kinda don't want to so that I don't have to trust someone who doesn't do the same job every day to do the data entry, or have to hastily train someone and hope that they got it right. Blargh
I vote to go on vacation as planned. Let them see how integral you are to the company. the co will manage to limp along

Ah, lynne provided a nice little ray of sunshine!

DiL lucked out with spirit, rebooked her today & even tossed out a $50 voucher. Their customer service is typically non-existant. Swan agreed to let them continue stay for another night at same low AAA rate. Most of the girls got to experience their first MNSHHP and loved it. There kids I talked to yesterday at a BD party weren’t quite as enthusiastic about their Mom’s romping about lolololol

Hehehehe i’ve Got my share of holiday ‘fake’ Lalarue leggins from WM. Swear they are the exact same thing but only $5.99

Wonderful news. Are they planning a long engagement?

I really want to like that food. Something in the spices plays havoc with my guts, same as food at Boma? The baklava goes down easy enough though lol.

Sounds like a fun trip for the girls!!! Glad the trip worked out for the girls........

I love baklava..........

So the only other person at my work who does the same job as me just quit without notice (well not just, she went on PTO last week and we found her ID left on her desk today). The director still says I can take the PTO I have scheduled, but now I kinda don't want to so that I don't have to trust someone who doesn't do the same job every day to do the data entry, or have to hastily train someone and hope that they got it right. Blargh

How you don’t need to cancel Andy.......that would be a shame.......fingers crossed........

Yesterday had a great weather day
Today 97

Tuesday and Wednesday will be stinkers but it’s an abnormal weather period this year

We reached 101f today mac........3pm....it was blazing hot....even for us!!!

It was shocking to hear you pulled out of the tour. Ship happens, sounds like things have started to rebound for you at least. Enjoy whatever plans you have in place!

I vote to go on vacation as planned. Let them see how integral you are to the company. the co will manage to limp along

I agree with Keisha........vacations are more important.....everyone needs a break away........

Waiting to go out for dinner somewhere.......haven’t decided yet where it’ll be........been so hot today........park this morning then some shopping this afternoon.........for Tom not for me.........

HHN is getting better every night.........houses are improving and it’s fun.....but think we’re losing the scare factor.........

Having a ball though...........

The director still says I can take the PTO I have scheduled, but now I kinda don't want to so that I don't have to trust someone who doesn't do the same job every day to do the data entry, or have to hastily train someone and hope that they got it right. Blargh

Enjoy your vacation! Everyone needs a re-charge!

Yesterday had a great weather day
Today 97

Eek- 97! It's been chilly here! But 97 is a little too steamy!

Yep- when it rains it pours! Will miss you guys on the tour. Not sure when you arrive, but let me know if our dates align!

Schumi- Glad you're enjoying your trip!

Hectic few days here- swamped at work, so many chores to do before our trip! Enjoying pizza and a break watching Monday Night Football. Pretty boring game- so back to cleaning!

Have a great evening all!

Good evening everyone. Long day today. I won’t bore you with all the details from work. I had a follow up appointment for my kidney stone this afternoon. The nurse I had is one of our clients. She comes in the late afternoon after I have left work, so I have never seen her face to face. So far I have seen 3 of our clients due to my kidney stones. The weird thing that happened today was when the nurse was going over my medications she mentioned one I didn’t recognize. When I got home I got a text from my pharmacy that I had a prescription ready. It was that same medication the nurse mentioned that I didn’t recognize. The NP I saw didn’t mention anything about calling in a prescription for me, and It was in my chart before I even saw her today. I am wondering if I was given someone else’s medication by mistake. (I didn’t take the medication.)

So much for charade being up tonight
I took a sleep aid, but then woke up at 4:00 and couldn’t get back to sleep. I would love to be able to sleep through the night again.

And boo, that battle of the birds did not see my birds win.
I fell asleep before that game was over. My birds won though..

I really want to like that food. Something in the spices plays havoc with my guts, same as food at Boma? The baklava goes down easy enough though lol.
I’ve never eaten at Boma. The restaurant we went to has stuff like falafel, hummus, and shawarma.

Hi all!! I'm here!! It's been a crazy summer! Not so good in many ways- that's why I've been MIA. Didn't want to be a downer for you guys!!

Things have settled (fingers AND toes crossed!) and I can share happy news! We leave on 9/19 on our long awaited and needed fall trip! We'll spend a few days in OBX and arrive in Orlando (and the HRH) on 9/22!! Our dates changed due to Joe's work schedule.
Welcome back. Hope you have a great vacation. I lived in NC for 4 years and never made it to the Outer Banks.

I don’t know what happened to Rapstar’s quote, but I agree with the others. Take the vacation. Sorry your coworker picked to worst time to leave.

Hi Kfish!

I guess it’s Monday night football tonight . Maybe I’ll fall asleep during the game again.

I am wondering if I was given someone else’s medication by mistake. (I didn’t take the medication.)

I'm with you- I'd wait before taking that med. Hope you are better soon!

Welcome back. Hope you have a great vacation. I lived in NC for 4 years and never made it to the Outer Banks.

Thanks Charade! We love OBX! We're going to Nags Head- which was pretty much spared from the worst of Dorian. Seems they got some minor damage there- compared to Hatteras and Ocrakoke.

No I offered to cancel but the director wouldn't let me since everything's paid for and such

Glad to hear it!

:wave2:
Good evening everyone. Long day today. I won’t bore you with all the details from work. I had a follow up appointment for my kidney stone this afternoon. The nurse I had is one of our clients. She comes in the late afternoon after I have left work, so I have never seen her face to face. So far I have seen 3 of our clients due to my kidney stones. The weird thing that happened today was when the nurse was going over my medications she mentioned one I didn’t recognize. When I got home I got a text from my pharmacy that I had a prescription ready. It was that same medication the nurse mentioned that I didn’t recognize. The NP I saw didn’t mention anything about calling in a prescription for me, and It was in my chart before I even saw her today. I am wondering if I was given someone else’s medication by mistake. (I didn’t take the medication.)

I took a sleep aid, but then woke up at 4:00 and couldn’t get back to sleep. I would love to be able to sleep through the night again.

I fell asleep before that game was over. My birds won though..

I’ve never eaten at Boma. The restaurant we went to has stuff like falafel, hummus, and shawarma.

I don’t know what happened to Rapstar’s quote, but I agree with the others. Take the vacation. Sorry your coworker picked to worst time to leave.

Hi Kfish!

I guess it’s Monday night football tonight . Maybe I’ll fall asleep during the game again.

Always best to err on the side of caution.........I love falling asleep watching tv........

Enjoyed Hot n Juicy Crawfish tonight.........the manager there used to work in Strong Water so it was lovely to see her again........food is so good. Always enjoy it there.......

Only had shrimp and no sides, soooo.......then went to Jake’s and had a bowl of crawfish chowder and shared a bowl of coconut ice cream......delicious!

Spent some time with squirlz and Mrs squirlz in the Club Lounge earlier......Now relaxing with glass of wine in our room.......watching two and a half men of all things..........

Early night tonight........

Hey MonyK.......saw you pop in there......:wave2:

Evening Sans family :wave2:

Yeah :dogdance: Pattyw......welcome back to the boards.....you have been missed here.

:wave: Kstar

Rapstar go for your vacation. You deserve it.

So, DiL at the swan just got email from spirit her 7 pm flight is delayed until 11 pm. knowing how spirit rolls as to that sort of situation, thinking a good chance it may be cancelled outright

Glad to hear your daughter in law was able to arrange to get home, but nothing like getting a little park time in too.

Hope that mug of coffee is helping, and putting HHN thoughts happily in your head. And Good Morning! :)

Lynne I had my big mug of coffee this morning. Good evening to you. Happy thoughts of upcoming vacation are here for sure.

Today, is the beginning of moving week.

Hope the move goes well.

It was 98 here today with heat index of 105. We went to see grandsons football game this evening. Not a breeze to be had.

Schumi I keep saying i’am In training for Orlando weather here, but 101 is pretty hot.

Only had shrimp and no sides, soooo.......then went to Jake’s and had a bowl of crawfish chowder and shared a bowl of coconut ice cream......delicious!

Food sounds yummy.

Last edited:
Almost bedtime for me.

Thanks Robo, have a good night.

Kfish, bet those cute kids are keeping you busy.

Robbie, glad you are going, you should. A vacation is always a good thing to look forward to.

Mac, yeah, not as hot here, but our AC is still running. Muggy out.

Made baked taters with fried peppers, cheese and bacon. Easy meal, yep. Now have to buy more potatoes. Eh, this weekend, tomorrow most likely pasta or rice. Though it is taco Tuesday, so Mexican style rice, maybe? Have to see what in mood for.

Happy to hear Schumi and Squirlz are having a great time at RPR.

And I am leaving the light on for you night owls. Have a very good night. 💤😴🌙

Evening Sans family :wave2:

Yeah :dogdance: Pattyw......welcome back to the boards.....you have been missed here.

:wave: Kstar

Rapstar go for your vacation. You deserve it.

Glad to hear your daughter in law was able to arrange to get home, but nothing like getting a little park time in too.

Lynne I had my big mug of coffee this morning. Good evening to you. Happy thoughts of upcoming vacation are here for sure.

Hope the move goes well.

It was 98 here today with heat index of 105. We went to see grandsons football game this evening. Not a breeze to be bad.

Schumi I keep saying i’am In training for Orlando weather here, but 101 is pretty hot.

Food sounds yummy.

Lol......I didn’t ask what the heat index was here, but it’s hotter than usual......we don’t mind that!

Food was delicious.........

I posted a picture on the RPR thread to show that the desk renovations have started here.......will take a few nights but we will see a change in those over the next few days.

Thinking we may visit a beach tomorrow........ow Winter Park.....haven’t decided yet......

Had a great birthday here today. Came to breakfast in the Club lounge and they had a card, buttons and balloons for me. Wore the button into the parks and got dozens of Happy Birthdays,then got another card from the evening Lounge crew and found sparkling wine and strawberries in our room!70970737_10219527398286763_2518723935118295040_o.jpg

Nice, and yummy, birthday gifts, Squirlz. Happy Birthday.

Well, it is that day again, when Mac's thoughts of getting dinner tonight, is a Taco Bell run. Taco Tuesday is here.

436534 - well, tea for me. 436535, and that goes for everyone!

Almost quick commute. Warmer out, a lovely 70 degrees to start my day. Dark as can be though, cloudy enough, no moonlight to light up the sky. Tree is doing it's swaying, so there's a bit more wind this morning. Weather guy on the car radio said it's going to be a nice day. High of around 78, and lots of sun. As the sun comes up, our sky clears, that pesky low has been replaced once again with the high weather system. Blue skies for me, and more seasonable weather. Air quality is good, though my poor older one said the other day, there's some pollen in the air. Yeah, I think it's a tree one, but I don't even check, as he's allergic to pollen, no matter what makes it, a tree, weeds and grass, or flowers.

So, have a terrific, and happy Tuesday.

Have fun at the beach, or in a town, today, Schumi.

Squirlz, Sue and Casey, hoping the parks are fun today. HHN for any of you?

And Patty should start to get that luggage down. Countdown to 3 more sleeps until you start your fun in OBX. Then will be nice to see you the day you leave HRH. I am hoping my flight does get in early, or at least on time. Hoping quick luggage retrieval, and I'll be on my way to SF, but not until after 13 more sleeps. Yep, doing a countdown too.

Robo, and Tink, hope this finds you enjoying a mug of coffee.

I so need more tea, hope all are feeling good, And remember, 436546 :banana: ::yes::

:wave: Good Morning all!

image.jpg
This is me! So you can recognize me if spotted at park, pool, etc!
Quick drive by. Yesterday I was shattered to borrow Schumi term. Good description of how I felt after red eye. So chill day. A few rides in Studios. Nothing crazy! Then left for Hot & Juicy lunch. Lyft is quite cheap. We had great lady drivers.
Went to Publix for some breakfasts in room and wine!
Then csme back to HRH to float in pool and grab a sandwich from quick quick service down stairs.
Early night and feel better this morning. Ready to go!
Lunch will be at Monsters Cafe. 11ish. That’s the plan right now! But will start the morning at IOA I think.

Thank you for well wishes for daughters engagement! Yes, it will be a long engagement, she’s talking 2 yrs.

Sorry Tink it didn’t work out. We had such a short window of opportunity.
And didn’t see Crostofer on flight. I only had 5 min at gate before loading on flight. Rushed from one terminal to the next! We probably should have exchanged seat # so at least we could have found each other in the plane!

It’s go time! Off to IOA. Anyone have luck with Hagrids?

Good morning SANS!

We unfortunately missed Sue on the plane, but now we know who to look for :)

Yesterday was NUTS. We bolted off that plane and straight to the BWI at Disney. From there, we dropped our stuff off and headed straight to the AK to ride FoP since last year we refused to wait 3 hours to do so. We ended up doing all 4 parks in one day, plus had a swim break. We were like energizer bunnies. Had lots and lots of food at Food and Wine and saw the end of the Smashmouth set. Our favorite F&W dish this year was the scallops from the Wine and Dine studio. We didn’t eat, nor did I drink, as much as I had planned to, or wanted to, because the real feel all afternoon yesterday was over 100 and that’s not good eating weather. Turns your tummy if things are too rich. We got full fast. I did try the Guinness Bailey’s shake finally, and it was delicious. Also, the Formosa from Simmering Sips is everything I ever wanted.

I also found a new Disney home, I don’t ever want to stay in another room here, ever again. Keep in mind, this is a garden view room. The terrace is HUGE. You could fit 10 people on this thing.

Attachments

• 4FD3785A-292C-4362-8FC3-ACDEF9C19FB5.jpeg
    4FD3785A-292C-4362-8FC3-ACDEF9C19FB5.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 886F31B8-BD77-40DC-9C06-E405AB301A2A.jpeg
    886F31B8-BD77-40DC-9C06-E405AB301A2A.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 94D183B1-F958-4081-8638-893A1144EB85.jpeg
    94D183B1-F958-4081-8638-893A1144EB85.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 3CDE1E1F-78E1-43C4-9765-D1933FCCC853.jpeg
    3CDE1E1F-78E1-43C4-9765-D1933FCCC853.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 9
We are about to go eat at afresh at the Dolphin, then Lyft over to the PBR for the rest of our adventure. It’s sunny without a cloud in the sky, and it’s supposed to feel like over 100 again, so it’s a great VB day.

Hope to see some of you soon!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!