Something About Nothing............ #14

Not Friday the 13th. I’m referring to the specific date of September 13.

Oh! Super Mario Bros was released in 1985, but I do not know if that was it. I'm sure there are a lot of things that happened on this day.

EDIT: Just realized you said fictional, which I guess my answer can still count, but at the moment, I'm blanking out on any other answers.

New building, Charade.

Pumpkin, only person in our house that likes a hard freeze is older one. Then no pollen in the air. Allergy free until the holidays, when lots of plants and flowers are found inside. Then he is back on his medications.

Keisha, eek that overcharged amount. Hope your credit card helps you win that money back.

Safe travels to Squirlz! In the air soon, with some family time, and fun time.

Overcast, but still warm and times sunglasses needed.

Ordered a pair of sunglasses, and was so happy until I saw a defect. Back they go. Did get a coupon in the snail mail, so may look in person, as hoping to see the same style.

Happy Friday all. And hope I get a better night sleep. Last night, I guess my DH fell asleep on the sofa, as I went to bed at 11. At 2:30 am he came into bed, and once again, knocked the radio on. I was like, what time is it? Yeah, get, I am going back to sleep. Did so, until the alarm at 4:30am. Only good thing is, took a nice, long hot shower after he left just after 5. So much for my late wake up morning on a day off. Oh well, able to do errands and shop before I go to the car repair shop and meet older one there, so he can take me home. Will pick up the car tomorrow, and hope not a large bill with the routine service I need.

Later, and hope I can get out of my driveway, as seems when I left, I had a flag man direct me. When I returned, there was several men in the large hole in my street, directly across from my driveway.

Oh, and Charade, in book, Space, moon blasted out of the sky today. At least some of us will see a harvest full moon tonight. Still in orbit in real life.

Happy Friday Sans family :wave:

F1217A29-82AA-4E48-9BFC-D1AE8713BE95.gif

Happy Birthday Carole, May you have many more happy birthdays 🎉

1C209F3C-57FB-494D-B8C5-484C76EA73F8.gif

D92A751E-FE5F-48AE-A4D0-93CF80102A93.gif

F06BAB82-57BB-4394-BF9A-B751A583C4F5.gif

FEEDF123-056A-4C6F-ABAD-FFE0790FA6D7.gif

0BA670DC-093F-41FB-A3B6-3DA9F3291601.gif

slower pace as I feel much more relaxed as opposed to the go, go, go we usually do. We only go to the parks for a few rides, eat lunch and relax the rest of the night. Last night we went one floor up to Strong Water and enjoyed a few cocktails with tapas...and they were playing the Braves game so I was happy.

The tapas look yummy Tink.....so nice to hear that you and your son are having a nice laid back vacation.

and the warm weather seems to be sticking around. If anyone wants to send it North to me in Santa Land...I will gladly take it.

I would share our weather here with you. It was 98 here yesterday. Supposed to be 95 today.

Just wanted to share my breakfast with you!

Wow.....that looks yummy. Is that the Stranger Things donut from Voodoo?

Getting ready to head for the airport. Flight leaves at 3:50. We should be in our hotel by 8 then we'll go see my Mom in Leesburg tomorrow. Driving down to RPR by check in time.

Have a nice flight.

Later, and hope I can get out of my driveway, as seems when I left, I had a flag man direct me. When I returned, there was several men in the large hole in my street, directly across from my driveway.

Lynne hope they have the street cleaned up so you can get in your driveway.

Need to go up to my office and get my desk cleaned off today. That is my plan.

500AD554-AC8E-47A1-B06E-80CDC3C4D8B7.gif

6 more sleeps till
43C4CC34-3D41-47F4-AFA7-D96CC0C96CD4.jpeg

Yep Robo...it was the stranger things donut...pretty tasty but the best one so far is the vampire one...cookies and cream Bavarian...didn't get a pic of that one before it was devoured :duck:

Since I shared my breakfast I thought I would share our lunch at Cowfish with you all since I'm too lazy to do a trip report...20190913_140853.jpg20190913_160838.jpg20190913_160926.jpg20190913_160926.jpg20190913_161106.jpg20190913_143441.jpg

Last edited:
Looks delish @tink1957 even the sushi, even though I don't eat it.

So, I just got one dropped on me. Kind of good, but kind of a shock. We just had a conference call in regards that we no longer will be having a lease where I work and from now on we'll be working remotely from home from now on. We have done this from time to time for holidays and we do it once a week from home as part of the "Summer Fun". However, they want us out of our office by next week, at the most wanting us to be out by Wednesday. While I've always been wanted to work from home, it's still kind of a shock to process, especially so soon, as they keep making ways to cut costs.

Oh, and Charade, in book, Space, moon blasted out of the sky today. At least some of us will see a harvest full moon tonight. Still in orbit in real life.
We have a winner! Today is the 20th anniversary of the day the moon was blasted out of earth’s orbit. One of our local channels is showing Space 1999 all day today.

Maybe I will get to Cowfish, with little one, it was a no, same with Confisco Grill. At least I know where she likes to eat.

Dix, that is odd. Where I work, you have to come in at least one day in the ten day pay period, though in my office, we are only to be out two days in any pay period. There is good and not so good about teleworking. I like my office, as have stuff there I can leave, and nice to be able to walk over to clients and talk face to face with them and coworkers. Oh, and have a piece of that lush cheesecake.

Squirlz sage travels!

Tink nice drink pic, is that bacon in the drink? :-0. I couldn’t see the other pic.
We have that on our list for this trip.

Disxuni best of luck with the transition to work at home! At least you can write it off in taxes! (You can here).

Maybe I will get to Cowfish, with little one, it was a no, same with Confisco Grill. At least I know where she likes to eat.

Dix, that is odd. Where I work, you have to come in at least one day in the ten day pay period, though in my office, we are only to be out two days in any pay period. There is good and not so good about teleworking. I like my office, as have stuff there I can leave, and nice to be able to walk over to clients and talk face to face with them and coworkers. Oh, and have a piece of that lush cheesecake.

Cowfish is a good combo, as it combines the more adventurous, with a side of safety with burgers, for the picky eaters. Also, it's good for other seafood other than sushi.

I kind of figured they would eventually go this route. As the company has been doing things to cut cost for quite sometime and making adjustments. However, it's kind of a take out of the wind moment when we won't even have a week to try to collect ourselves, especially since we have a lot of equipment that needs to stay functional in order to keep us working. And like hurricane, do not plan to be down at all, because we need to stay open for our customers. Another plus is I'll be saving a lot on gas, as well as spend less with going out. However, at the same time it was part of the fun, as Daytona gave variety of options we don't have here.

@Sue M Thanks for the luck, but I wouldn't even know how I'd do that on my taxes. Working remotely is considered a tax break?

Thank you so much for the lovely birthday wishes.......really appreciate them all......

Had a lovely birthday where I was indeed spoiled. The Club Lounge had a beautiful card made out with a reserved sign as a joke, as we always have the same table usually and balloons. So nice of them.......had a few other surprises today too. So, been a lovely birthday......

Heading out to Ocean Prime tonight........looking forward to that....

It’s raining right now, just a little so hope it goes off for those heading to HHN tonight.......

Hope all are good........:)

Squirlz sage travels!

Tink nice drink pic, is that bacon in the drink? :-0. I couldn’t see the other pic.
We have that on our list for this trip.

Disxuni best of luck with the transition to work at home! At least you can write it off in taxes! (You can here).
Yes Sue, it's Buffalo's and Bacon...not for the faint of heart.

I think I fixed the problem with the pics but wound up double posting one...at least you can see it now.

We're waiting until later this evening to go to HHN instead of doing stay and scream...not my idea but Trey wants to try it...hope it works out.

Carole...glad you're enjoying your birthday..have fun at Ocean Prime.

Have a great night everyone :flower1:

High of 94 yesterday, high of 74 today. I love the cooler temps, but unfortunately we also had rain.

Dh and I had a nice lunch with B today. We got caught up on all things college. She seems to be adapting well. Before I took her back to her dorm I asked if she would like to go to the new ice cream place with me. She turned my down because someone in her dorm was organizing a trip to a different ice cream place tonight and she wanted to go with her new dorm friends.

Lynne - Hope you get better sleep tonight. I never sleep well. I am trying some different things to see if they help me sleep better.

Tink - All of your food looks so good. I haven’t eaten at Cowfish yet. I should put that on my list for next time I am at Universal.

Disxuni - Wow, talk about short notice. Great that you can work from home though.

I’m afraid I haven’t been very productive today. I have spent most of the day watching the Space 1999 marathon. I guess tomorrow will be laundry day.

Charade so nice B is settled in and already made dorm friends!

Sounds like our weather, Hot & sunny them bam! Rain and cooler temps.

Tink, as much as I love bacon, I think I’ll pass!

Crostofer 2 more sleeps! I caught the tail end of cnn weather, looks like storm won’t hit Florida so no worries of flight delays! But the poor Bahamas, so sad.

Schumi how nice to go to one of your fav places for your birthday. So nice of the lounge staff to do something special.

Cowfish is a good combo, as it combines the more adventurous, with a side of safety with burgers, for the picky eaters. Also, it's good for other seafood other than sushi.

I kind of figured they would eventually go this route. As the company has been doing things to cut cost for quite sometime and making adjustments. However, it's kind of a take out of the wind moment when we won't even have a week to try to collect ourselves, especially since we have a lot of equipment that needs to stay functional in order to keep us working. And like hurricane, do not plan to be down at all, because we need to stay open for our customers. Another plus is I'll be saving a lot on gas, as well as spend less with going out. However, at the same time it was part of the fun, as Daytona gave variety of options we don't have here.

@Sue M Thanks for the luck, but I wouldn't even know how I'd do that on my taxes. Working remotely is considered a tax break?
We probably have different tax laws on what can be a tax deduction. Here having a home office can be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!